GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 12 : Gee Tee Eye

• Thread starter EDK
  • 378 comments
EDK
The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Slowest Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your slowest laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Your FASTEST lap time
  • Please post T1, T2 and Total Time from your FASTEST Lap <--------
  • Any settings discussion.

This would seem to be more the section for the thread discussion, whereas the final time will be used for submission. At least, that is what is seems like looking at the leader board. Judging from that it looks like all three sector times from the faster of the two laps.

For the leaderboard you may post your splits and laptime of your fastest lap.
For your submission you are to PM both your laptimes to FetchBot 👍

New splits:
T1: 27.008
T2: 32.904
T3: 40.309

Last edited:
My splits from yesterday.

I have made a nice solid start and have a decent early target for me to improve on.:)

Some new splits:
T1: 26.918
T2: 32.616
T3: 40.287

Bad T3 on this lap and a bad second lap.

EDIT: ABS: 10, brake balance: 8/8

Last edited:
Just feeling this one out.. Seems like a very enjoyable combo! Might yield better results this week as there is no tuning :)

Anyway, first splits... I used my DS3 👍

T1: 27.614
T2: 33.584
T3: 41.486

T3: 40.287

Bad T3 on this lap and a bad second lap.

When I saw this I immeadiately went to check I had the correct tyres on. Nope not that, definately have Sports Mediums on. I don't expect to be on the same time as you Wes, but a full second off in BOTH T2 and T3 (and a bad T3 at that)? :ill:
I must be doing something seriously worng with my lines, funnily the replay doesn't look that strange. Maybe being too gentle on the gas after last weeks beast ;)

T1 seems reasonable.

When I saw this I immeadiately went to check I had the correct tyres on. Nope not that, definately have Sports Mediums on. I don't expect to be on the same time as you Wes, but a full second off in BOTH T2 and T3 (and a bad T3 at that)? :ill:
I must be doing something seriously worng with my lines, funnily the replay doesn't look that strange. Maybe being too gentle on the gas after last weeks beast ;)

T1 seems reasonable.
I always perform good with FF cars for some reason. With this car you actually need some throttle control. Not just slamming on the gas pedal. Try some different lines and see how that works out for you. Don't be afraid of the walls.

T3 is not bad, but I lost 2 tenths in it.

I always perform good with FF cars for some reason. With this car you actually need some throttle control. Not just slamming on the gas pedal. Try some different lines and see how that works out for you. Don't be afraid of the walls.

T3 is not bad, but I lost 2 tenths in it.

Yeah I'm treating it similar to the suzuki, fast but smooth/progressive on the gas, not just stomping on the gas. There's only really 2 striaghts on T2, and I'm figuring perhaps the exit of T1 up the hill is the culprate. Just curious what speed you doing at the crest and down the bottom? I'm touching 186kph just before I brake. Otherwise it must the exit into the second straight. I'm sure it must be my lines, staying tight to everything.

This would seem to be more the section for the thread discussion, whereas the final time will be used for submission. At least, that is what is seems like looking at the leader board. Judging from that it looks like all three sector times from the faster of the two laps.

I've updated the first post to help clarify this.

Thanks for keeping things on track in here, was silly of me not to realize that we would need to post the 3rd sector and not the lap time total. :dunce:

Alright, S2 tires, kind of becoming my favorite tires, but maybe it's just a phase :lol:

Just to clarify, this is the 'full' Madrid course, not the shortened version, yes?

Jerome

Hi guys,

After taking a ps3 break over the past couple of weeks, this is a fantastic combo to get back into GT5 with 👍

Had a short 30 min session today, but will be spending a lot more time with this one tomorrow...I'm lovin' it :)

T1 27.461
T2 33.084
T3 41.110

Alright, S2 tires, kind of becoming my favorite tires, but maybe it's just a phase :lol:

Just to clarify, this is the 'full' Madrid course, not the shortened version, yes?

Jerome

Yup.

Update.

I've sorted out T3 now but there is still more time in it for me, especially in T1.:)

Hi guys,

After taking a ps3 break over the past couple of weeks, this is a fantastic combo to get back into GT5 with 👍

Had a short 30 min session today, but will be spending a lot more time with this one tomorrow...I'm lovin' it :)

snip

Eee up lad 👍 Nice splits f' first attempt like.

I just got the DFGT back out myself and made some improvements over my DS3 times... Seems we're back racing ahead of time :sly:

Its on!

T1: 27.298
T2: 33.079
T3: 40.737

T1-26.xxx seems unlikely, but its obviously possible so thats what I'm chasing this week :)

Nice to see my times are holding up ok on the board - that is, if I ignore the WHOPPING gap to w-g-e, you gotta be in the running for the victory this week with splits like them!!! 👍

Hoping to run this a bit later. Having WRS withdrawal symptoms today :)

Nice to see my times are holding up ok on the board - that is, if I ignore the WHOPPING gap to w-g-e, you gotta be in the running for the victory this week with splits like them!!! 👍

Hoping to run this a bit later. Having WRS withdrawal symptoms today :)
That's very kind of you, but once week 11 is over look who's going to drop down the leaderboard.

First session:

Great combo for a multi lapper. 👍

I'm always extra careful on the last chicane in the second lap, costing some time.

(1:41.001)

Can no longer hit 27.2s in T1 that I was yesterday, but have worked out gearing for FAR better T2. Poor 2nd lap though.

I guess 2 laps of sub 1:41 is my goal - not sure I have the ability to do back-to-backs like that though!

Last edited:
Are you short shifting? I had a little play earlier (with Lego...). Two biggest points of the lap are last chicane and the first hairpin, because of the massive straights. Quite grippy too.

I was going to the limiter when shifting.

My time seems to be holding up amongst Div4's.

Question: How is everyone getting through the final chicane? I'm braking in the middle of the road and getting right up to the walls in the first and second parts, it seems pretty quick but feels just wrong .:lol:

Are you short shifting? I had a little play earlier (with Lego...). Two biggest points of the lap are last chicane and the first hairpin, because of the massive straights. Quite grippy too.

I was going to the limiter when shifting.

Short shifting seems to go rather well in this car. 197bhp @ 5100 RPM and the Torque is sub 5000 RPM according to the stats. I have settled on changing gear at 6500 RPM rather than chucking it into the red, the idea/guess being that I'll be around 5k RPM after the gear change and be roughly around the max power band - power does seem to tail off significantly after 7k.

It might make a tiny difference, but the real difference as you've said comes from the 2 turns with the long straights.

My epiphany was the long-ish left hander and right at the end of T2 can be taken in 3rd, which resulted in me gaining 3 tenths on that section alone - I was previously taking that whole bit in 2nd.

This week is 10 times harder than any 1 lap week to get right - 200 seconds of racing as hard as you can with no mistakes = tough!

I now need to work out where the hell I'm losing so much time in T3 - I don't think I'm taking the chicane all that badly in terms of line, so maybe I need to play with combinations of gears.

How is everyone taking that roundabout part towards the end of the lap? Tight line or swing it out wide to straight-line the exit down to the chicane?

Well my first official race online and my first times to be posted. Having a lot of fun :) 👍

T1: 27.568
T2: 33.679
T3: 41.737

Last edited:
Back