GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 12 : Gee Tee Eye

• Thread starter EDK
  • 378 comments
Short shifting seems to go rather well in this car. 197bhp @ 5100 RPM and the Torque is sub 5000 RPM according to the stats. I have settled on changing gear at 6500 RPM rather than chucking it into the red, the idea/guess being that I'll be around 5k RPM after the gear change and be roughly around the max power band - power does seem to tail off significantly after 7k.

It might make a tiny difference, but the real difference as you've said comes from the 2 turns with the long straights.

My epiphany was the long-ish left hander and right at the end of T2 can be taken in 3rd, which resulted in me gaining 3 tenths on that section alone - I was previously taking that whole bit in 2nd.

This week is 10 times harder than any 1 lap week to get right - 200 seconds of racing as hard as you can with no mistakes = tough!

I now need to work out where the hell I'm losing so much time in T3 - I don't think I'm taking the chicane all that badly in terms of line, so maybe I need to play with combinations of gears.

How is everyone taking that roundabout part towards the end of the lap? Tight line or swing it out wide to straight-line the exit down to the chicane?

Hey Millross, nice splits bud 👍 Had a quick go last night and there's good time to be had just in when you change gear. Like you I found that the middle section of T2 is best in third gear. I found changing at or just below 6k rpm (esepcially 4th to 5th) to really help acceleration.

Can't give you any advice on the roundabout I'm afraid - you're quicker than me at the moment :ouch: Again, third gear seemed to get good results with the right line.

It's gonna take me a while to adjust away from my Fordrolota Stock car but I'll get there. In the mean time, please refrain from going any faster - many thanks :sly:

I've posted my time but they haven't appeared on the Leaderboard. I'm just wondering if there is anything that I have to do or is there anything that I have forgotten.

Finally got my deadline behind me and now I can return to being a "Video Game Bum" :) Now on to digging myself out of the basement 👍

When your at the bottom there's only up from here :lol:

I will submit on time this week....I will submit on time this week.... Only 2 sets in...

T1: 28.192
T2: 34.043
T3: 42.207

(1'44.442)

Nice splits Aqmuk! Looks like D4 will be tough again this week!

pyxen, don't forget to submit on time this week!!!
I will remind you again and again, because I have a great memory for these things...

Wait. What were we talking about?

When I wright down my stats for each good run I have to crunch the time for my OT, :yuck: so I dug up that time calculator from the WRS quali if anyone else hates adding time.

Time Calculator :)

abacus.jpg

T1: 27.736
T2: 33.965
T3 41.675

That chicane is killing me!
Very decent tires, love it...

T1: 27.879
T2: 33.371
T3: 41.541

Got in the seat before work and found some time on track 👍 Still haven't got a two lap combo worth shouting about though :( Oh and sub 27's in T1 is impossible for me, so I need a new goal :irked:

T1: 27.201
T2: 32.802
T3: 40.507

Last edited:
OK.......Much better here than Indy. That was tough. I'm still using the new guy excuse.:indiff:

T-3 is killin me.

Got in the seat before work and found some time on track 👍 Still haven't got a two lap combo worth shouting about though :( Oh and sub 27's in T1 is impossible for me, so I need a new goal :irked:

Nice splits there Captain 👍

Had another small session this morning...the chase is on mate, hehe :D

T1 27.276
T2 32.929
T3 40.860

More to come later 👍

New splits:
T1: 26.938
T2: 32.706
T3: 40.085

Fixed my pedals again. (although they don't work 100% anymore)

My worst split in T1 of the morning, but everything else felt pretty good. Can see another tenth off both my T2 and T3, but it's not easy. ABS 10, BB 7/9. Using 2nd in the roundabout, chicane and that long left in sector 2, find it easier to transfer the weight of the car.

Would like to break in to the .1s at the line as my early target.

Good grief Wes, that's a fantastic T3.

heck, it took me about a month to get used to going from DFGT to G27, but it is worth it.

Really!? That much difference... :eek:
I will have to look at investing in a G27 then!... ;)
Or was it more feel of the wheel that changed as opposed to times from the wheel?

Xerxes.

BTW: Great choice for WRS12, forgot to submit for WRS11... First week of WRS and I didn't even submit!... :dunce: Although, I was not as quick as some of the Div1 guys... But finished in Div2 ranking! 👍

Really!? That much difference... :eek:
I will have to look at investing in a G27 then!... ;)
Or was it more feel of the wheel that changed as opposed to times from the wheel?

Xerxes.

The wheel itself wasn't too much of an issue (though it is better), it was the strength of the pedals. For the rally WRS I plugged my DFGT back in (as G27 and FFB don't work in Rallying), and I had to keep checking the pedals were actually connected to the spring in the pedal set. Really weird.

Gained a little bit more now, but lost alot in the chicane on the second lap. Am seeing relatively consistent flat 27's now, but flat 40's in T3 Wes :scared: Not using any tricks like handbrake are we? :sly:

Took the tip from millross about using 3rd in T2 and works a treat. Thanks for sharing 👍

Still no sign of my previou splits on the leaderboard, so here's some new ones for fetchy to munch on. No idea where I'm losing .25 in T1, but I know where .15 went in T3...

(Total of 1:41.224)

The wheel itself wasn't too much of an issue (though it is better), it was the strength of the pedals. For the rally WRS I plugged my DFGT back in (as G27 and FFB don't work in Rallying), and I had to keep checking the pedals were actually connected to the spring in the pedal set. Really weird.

That's really fun when you get to keep changing setups during a LAN weekend. ;)

The pedals on my new wheel have the quality found on the G25/27, but you get some of the sensitivity back, particularly with the brake. The pedals on the high end Logitech wheels are pretty much indestructible.

Ah, the joys of GT5 mean lobbies big enough to support the whole LAN in one race. Which means fixed set-ups :D

Some Better Splits.:)

I am not done yet, still some more in it for me. My best lap so far has been a 1'40.404 and even that wasn't a perfect lap.:drool:

Splits after first hour and a half....

-------

Not so good on 2nd lap....it's going to be a challenge to put both of them together!:scared:

Been playing with brake bias but haven't found any setting so far that would give me some time, this was done with:
ABS 1
BB 8/9

@Wes, very nice splits as usual, it's going to be close once again! :)

Back