GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 12 : Gee Tee Eye

• Thread starter EDK
  • 378 comments
About 2 hours in the GTI and I'm now starting to get the lines figured out... Starting to catch up... slowly! ;)

T1: 27.108
T2: 32.651
T3: 40.759

(1:40.518) <<< Have been .2 faster but not on both laps... :(

Nice T2, Xerxes, I wish I could have done that this morning!

👍 Cheers! Still losing alot in T3 and a bit in T1... I don't know how anyone is getting in the 26.9s , I have once then clipped the wall at the chicane... :ouch:

First go at this. So far behind. :( Think I nearly have T1 sorted. But T2 and T3! Think I'll read through this thread for tips.

T1: 27.566
T2: 33.730
T3: 41.871

(1:43.167)

T1: 27.679
T2: 33.214
T3: 41.851

(1:42.744)

A little better. 3rd gear in T2 helps loads. :) I think I'll set my wheel back up.

Last edited:
Xerxes - T1 is dependent on the exit from the chicane at the end of the lap, which should be done in 3rd, then just a little lift off for the little right then hard on the brakes, using engine braking, don't be afraid of going a bit deep in to the hairpin, then take apex, don't take too much kerb on exit.

Gearing on this car pretty much dictates you shift before it enters redline.

Xerxes - T1 is dependent on the exit from the chicane at the end of the lap, which should be done in 3rd........

Sureboss. Are you going through the whole chicane in 3rd or changing up to 3rd on exit?

I'm loosing heaps of time here. :nervous:

Xerxes - T1 is dependent on the exit from the chicane at the end of the lap, which should be done in 3rd, then just a little lift off for the little right then hard on the brakes, using engine braking, don't be afraid of going a bit deep in to the hairpin, then take apex, don't take too much kerb on exit.

Don't you get much understeer when you just lift of the throttle for that right kink?

I'm doing the chicane in 2nd.

Cheers again boss! 👍
I had been shifting at about 6300rpm already! ;) Tried the other tips and I could not just lift for the right kink without running wide... Did like 3rd through the chicane though although I think the difference was negligible. Cheers for the help though, much appreciated.

Updated times (using 3rd in chicane);
T1: 27.084
T2: 32.802
T3: 40.558

(1:40.444) :)

Lost a lot in T2 this time running wide on the double left section... :dunce:

Xerxes.

I almost always make the right gear choices for turns, and I feel better seeing the leader is pretty much on the same page as me, but I'm intrigued enough to go try both 3rd for the chicane and 1st for turn 1. I've been dabbing the brakes to go right at the first kink, then dabbing throttle to pull me further right, before slamming the brakes (7/10) and down to 2nd for hairpin. Any thoughts? (best T1 is 27.120)

Last edited:
I almost always make the right gear choices for turns, and I feel better seeing the leader is pretty much on the same page as me, but I'm intrigued enough to go try both 3rd for the chicane and 1st for turn 1. I've been dabbing the brakes to go right at the first kink, then dabbing throttle to pull me further right, before slamming the brakes (7/10) and down to 2nd for hairpin. Any thoughts?
That's exactly the same way as I'm taking it.👍

Awesome - I think with some smoothing and practice I can bring T2 and 3 down some, but still no idea how to nail the chicane, Ive been going in cautiously and just making sure I exit well, as thats the most important exit of the lap.

Awesome - I think with some smoothing and practice I can bring T2 and 3 down some, but still no idea how to nail the chicane, Ive been going in cautiously and just making sure I exit well, as thats the most important exit of the lap.
What part of the track do you mean actually?:dunce:
I thought you meant sector 1.

Don't you get much understeer when you just lift of the throttle for that right kink?

I'm doing the chicane in 2nd.

No understeer for the kink with just lifting off, though it's hard to be consistent when trying to maximise speed. Dabbing the brakes might be easier for consistency.

Might be hard to argue with your T3, but yes I'm doing the chicane in 3rd, again, it's on the limits, but I'm carrying much better speed down the straight because of it and I find it helps control the car over the inside kerb on the exit of the chicane, it can push the car out wide with the slightly wrong line, 3rd seems to negate this.

I was doing it in 2nd for ages, then just tried it in 3rd and it felt easier. The car has no issues pulling from 50 in 3rd.

I ordered a G27 yesterday and got it today. :)
Now I'm doing some WRS with it. I think you can all catch me now. I surely won't beat my time again.

How are you finding it w-g-e? I realised last night that my old Driving Force wheel moves up and down 10mm in it's bushings so I think it might be time for an upgrade as well...

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to put this on the GTP news page every week again. There's only 33 on the board compared to the first few weeks of 100 and upwards. Still beats Prologue though.

@W-G-E -- I first spoke of turn 1. But the final turn (chicane) is where I'm looking to gain a good chunk of time. I have no idea how to enter it quickly :(

How are you finding it w-g-e? I realised last night that my old Driving Force wheel moves up and down 10mm in it's bushings so I think it might be time for an upgrade as well...
The wheel is much smoother than the DFGT and DFP. And the pedals are a big upgrade of course. It's actually really hard to adjust to. The brake pedal gives so much resistance I'm having trouble pushing it down all the way.

Just did 1'39.9XX. It should take a while to get on pace.

Thanks. Seems it hasn't taken you too long to adjust with that time :lol: you'd still be second fastest!

@W-G-E -- I first spoke of turn 1. But the final turn (chicane) is where I'm looking to gain a good chunk of time. I have no idea how to enter it quickly :(
Exiting the turn before the chicane, you should position yourself all the way to the left. Entering the turn you want to make as little movement as possible before braking and brake in a straight line. Ease off the brake when you're in the chicane and get on the throttle smoothly.

Carlos
I realised last night that my old Driving Force wheel moves up and down 10mm in it's bushings so I think it might be time for an upgrade as well...

What is this? Buy a steering wheel month. I'm starting to feel left out here.
Chris got a new fanatec, now Wes, Carlos and Blodimayhem all getting G27's. Is there a GTPlanet promo I don't know about :sly:

w-g-e
The wheel is much smoother than the DFGT and DFP. And the pedals are a big upgrade of course. It's actually really hard to adjust to. The brake pedal gives so much resistance I'm having trouble pushing it down all the way.

Just did 1'39.9XX. It should take a while to get on pace.

I knew you'd notice the brake straight away, difficult to get used to at first but I could never go back now. That's still a smokin' time, I can't see anyone chasing you down here yet though. Going to get a bit of time tonight to have a quick go at this again.

Edit:
w-g-e
Exiting the turn before the chicane, you should position yourself all the way to the left. Entering the turn you want to make as little movement as possible before braking and brake in a straight line. Ease off the brake when you're in the chicane and get on the throttle smoothly.

Just curious where are you beginning your braking, before or after the pedestrian crossing? I brake just as my front wheels are in the crossing to brake in a straight line, knock down to 3rd, let off the brakes and then coast through. When I'm just past the 1st concrete block dab the brake, down to 2nd and (try) to smoothly accelerate out. Perhaps something flawed in this approach.

Last edited:
What is this? Buy a steering wheel month. I'm starting to feel left out here.
Chris got a new fanatec, now Wes, Carlos and Blodimayhem all getting G27's. Is there a GTPlanet promo I don't know about :sly:

Hahahaha true...in my case I am considering as my xmas present to get the Fanatec GT3 RS AND the Clubsport pedals...if those perform as they look...damn!!

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to put this on the GTP news page every week again. There's only 33 on the board compared to the first few weeks of 100 and upwards. Still beats Prologue though.

I agree with you. Many people doesn't manage where to find all the current activity (I know it can be easy for one who has made some consistency and knows where to find the events), but is not for everyone to go and dig where the WRS is.

Carlos Fandango
Nice pics Tim - I use a silver one so it's easier to see through the ghost!

Thanks Carlos! Like Lyvan below, I mapped the up on the d-pad to toggle the ghost, so if I'm right on it's bumper, I can turn it off quickly and not get distracted. I think I'll try to get more pics each week..I like 'em for desktop wallpapers! :)

I decided to map my G25 to turn on/off the ghost since my fast lap as with a white Golf, it was getting pretty distractive. I used a blue one as well, and is very discrete as well.

Wow my time is still top of D4. And I'll be back on the Ps3 for the first time since Monday tomorrow.:D I really hope I can hold on to the win. I might not be as giddy a last time though.:P

Back