GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 121 : The Real Tsukuba

• Thread starter EDK
  • 121 comments
Admin, anyone know why the system won't accept a new Avatar for me? Tried different formats and no go. :mad:
Damn, still won't accept my avatar!

Last edited:
After missing the NA race tonight because of work. :grumpy:Ran this and had a blast, fun combo.:cheers:
I am using Chris' tune, thanks for posting again.👍

Thought I would get time on this but between packing for my trip and the hockey game last night :eek: I got no time. I'll try it on my own some time just for grins as it seems awesome.

See you guys in two weeks! :D:cheers:

Admin, anyone know why the system won't accept a new Avatar for me? Tried different formats and no go. :mad:

Not sure if you figured it out, but the file size and file type can be issues.

Remember that it needs to be no larger than 120x120 pixels, AND the file size must still be less than 20 kb.

Sometimes, saving the file to your PC and uploading it from there works better than trying to upload from an outside site.

Still having trouble?

Someone in this area of the site is probably more than happy to help.

Anyone have 2nd sector tips?

Brake just after, or just as you leave the second part or the S corner, if you have the racing line on its right when the red begins, I'm staying close to the curb on the hairpin, down to 2nd get back on power but not all the way otherwise you'll get into oversteer, just judge it step by step till your full throttle, the fast corner, slightly brake, (though you can get through it with a lift as well) and get on power fairly quickly as soon as you hit the apex :)

Oops. Completely forgot about the WRS :dunce: Will give it another go later.

One hour session and a slightly adjusted Fuji setup (for online use) :

Here I go again, going backwards to go forward. About a 10th better at the line:

Still haven't managed to stick a decent t1 on a good lap, but I'll keep at it. I've had quite a few .70s so I know it's there.

First splits, hopefully get chance to run some more laps, fun combo.

I may be out of it for the rest of the week guys... I can barely walk on my knee now and that's with the aid of a serious knee brace. I'm currently banned from The Chair as a result. :ouch: Current lap is ok but .2 down on possible best, which is a lot when the lap tme is this short. Undecided what to do yet so I'll just hope I can get at least one more short session in. For now, though, rest is the instruction.

Good luck guys. 👍

Last edited:
Struggling to improve. Slightly faster lap. My T3 was 2/10ths off my PB. Sigh!!!

Al

I may be out of it for the rest of the week guys... I can barely walk on my knee now and that's with the aid of a serious knee brace. I'm currently banned from The Chair as a result. :ouch: Current lap is ok but .2 down on possible best, which is a lot when the lap tme is this short. Undecided what to do yet so I'll just hope I can get at least one more short session in. For now, though, rest is the instruction.

Good luck guys. 👍

Take care Chris, i hope you get back behind the wheel soon :cheers:

Take it easy Chris, and get that bugger fixed before the Academy starts.

First splits, hopefully get chance to run some more laps, fun combo.

Who is spoilling my little party here :D Shouldn't you be in a GT3 car Paul ? :)
Great splits mate, I guess I'll have to get in to action now....

@Chris, I am sure your misses will make sure you are running again in no time ;)

It's been a few years since I participated in the WRS, but this gives me a good chance for some practice with a new wheel. After 15 years on the pad, it takes some getting used to!

first attempts after break-in:

It's been a few years since I participated in the WRS, but this gives me a good chance for some practice with a new wheel. After 15 years on the pad, it takes some getting used to!

first attempts after break-in:

Nice to see a long time participant in here. Congrats on the wheel purchase. 👍

You will wonder why you waited this long to make the move.

Back