GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 123 : Pocket Rocket

• Thread starter EDK
  • 149 comments
Surprisingly given how badly this car understeers I found that adding the chassis stiffening package makes it turn in a lot better. Curious as to what others are using?

I also managed to flip this car on it's roof, I didn't even think that was possible in this game :-) At 137HP now and still about a second per sector off the pace. I'm really hoping that extra horse makes all the difference :-(

Not sure how I did T1 exactly, even after studying the replay. :crazy:

T2 is a mystery to me... im flat + straight through the left > right, and seem to carry good speed through the long left but im .6 off the pace.

Not really enjoying this so far, mainly because its so simple yet I can't seem to do it.

T2 is a mystery to me... im flat + straight through the left > right, and seem to carry good speed through the long left but im .6 off the pace.

Not really enjoying this so far, mainly because its so simple yet I can't seem to do it.

Short shift, you want to be changing at around 8 thousand 👍 I was a second off the pace until I figured that one out :)

Short shift, you want to be changing at around 8 thousand 👍 I was a second off the pace until I figured that one out :)

Just T1 to sort out now :)

---

Last edited:
Had some time to kill and I thought I'd swing a leg only to crash into a PS3 update. i-racing might fill the down time.

:lol: went over to i-Racing and I have to do an update there also :banghead:

Finally :)

Totally fun combo 👍

T1: 19.208
T2: 19.877

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the day that I begin my journey on this TT. Hoping I do well since promotions are coming soon. Low horsepower cars are my strong point on this game.

This is not the fastest way around the track.

yw5w.jpg

millross

Still 2 horses shy.

Same setup as before, except 13.7 - 14.2 Spring rate - 1.4 rear camber and 0.16 rear toe

To whomever it was who asked about gears - I took the default settings and arbitrarily adjusted final drive to the right around 1/3 of the "gap", then dropped speed to minimum and set the gears. As it was arbitrary, I can't fully recall the starting point. You should be able to get close enough by a couple of trial-and-error attempts based on my ridiculously vague instructions! (Also: Custom rims first)

Can you clarify what 1/3 of the gap mean? I'm pretty poor at tuning.

Also, new splits:

As Yogi Berra said "It's like deja-vu, all over again." Going alot slower through the splits for an infinitesimal gain at the line seems to be my modus operandi lately. New splits:

Curious Patrick, did your bad day start out something like this?

Last edited:

Cut out about a sec and a quarter at the line tonight. Still not confident in my tune but I'm still working. Modifying the RKM tune is giving me improvements so far.

As Yogi Berra said "It's like deja-vu, all over again." Going alot slower through the splits for an infinitesimal gain at the line seems to be my modus operandi lately. New splits:

Curious Patrick, did your bad day start out something like this?

Yes, that is the line that led to my wall ride. If you catch too much curb, out of turn 2, you just never know how it will end. I have flipped cars before, but never ended up leaning against a barrier on 2 wheels.

Great job so far Mamba, you're making it very hard for me to top D2 this week! And MJ, mega lap there mate, especially T2 👍

should set the final to around 5.643 first

Thanks 👍. I just tuned the gearbox and ran a lap with the DS3, missed (by a wide margin) 3 apexes, and still ran a bit faster than my previous time. My time should drop a bit tonight when I hook up my wheel.

Don't think I can submit this week as I can't bend down to put the usb drive into the PS3. :scared:

Back