GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 123 : Pocket Rocket

• Thread starter EDK
  • 149 comments
Great job so far Mamba, you're making it very hard for me to top D2 this week! And MJ, mega lap there mate, especially T2 👍

Thanks Cain, I'm pushing quite hard myself, still looking for time out there, I keep messing up in sector 3.

New splits, lost a bit in sector 1,

Spent the day sat at Club corner, it's put me in the mood to get my car up to full HP and see what I can do :D

Nice splits, D2.

Great vid there Con 👍 I wonder who will be the first to do some kind of "Joey Chitwood" deal w/ the cars Bicycling on two wheels for a controlled distance.
3529019212_c154e7d694.jpg

This combo really lends it's self to that kind of fun :)

Awesome, just day ticket or weekend? A guy at work is a marshal, he's there this weekend. Hoping for a good race.

First splits:

Saw splits that were two tenths ahead, but my T3 was just too good to stay ahead of.

Newer splits:

Last edited:
Not sure if I have much more left out there, I may try one more time.

Al

Super duper extremely close at the first corner of T3 but I'm 100%confident that it is clean so I'll submit this and be done. Getting consistent times but all a couple tenths back from this one.

If anyone is still searching for a tune this is what I settled on. Still not quite what I was looking for but it did well enough for me. Credit to Roj @ RKM for the base tune.

DB's Ugly Coffee Tune
Aero max

-10 / -10
9.0 / 9.5
7 / 7
6 / 6
2 / 3
2.0 / 2.0
0.20 / -0.05

LSD 10 / 30 / 10

BB 3 / 6

Trans
Speed 143/230
1.337 :)

Firecracker
Don't think I can submit this week as I can't bend down to put the usb drive into the PS3. :scared:

Just flop yourself on the floor and roll! :lol: Get your back well oldtimer!

Last edited:

Super duper extremely close at the first corner of T3 but I'm 100%confident that it is clean so I'll submit this and be done. Getting consistent times but all a couple tenths back from this one.

If anyone is still searching for a tune this is what I settled on. Still not quite what I was looking for but it did well enough for me. Credit to Roj @ RKM for the base tune.

Just flop yourself on the floor and roll! :lol: Get your back well oldtimer!
And with all those comedians out of work! :dopey:

doodlemonoply
I think Fetchy accidentally took some of the numbers on your gear ratios and put them on the leaderboard. So for now, you're winning by 32 seconds! :lol:

....awesome! :D Those GT Academy boys won't know what hit em!

Try these fetchy....

G'day chaps. I don't know which has been the bigger challenge so far this week, the combo itself or trying to convince the missus that just because I can't drive our real car it doesn't mean I can't drive a virtual one. :dopey: I know she's just looking out for me but its the clutch in the Focus I can't manage without hurting the dodgy knee... :sly:

Some great splits appeared in my absence... damned aliens. :P Nice job there too Manu. 👍

Anyway, managed a short session today after F1 qualy and knocked a bit off.

Numerous 18.8s and 16.5s but only once on the same lap, then blew it at the chicane. Probably about a tenth and a bit still out there but not confident of finding it to be honest.

Edit - No, I haven't found an extra 3 seconds in sector 2. :P

Started at a new job this week and haven't had much time until this morning. Finally at full power. Had a best of .389 at t2 but ended up in the pickers at the chicane.

Roostying around in the 3D3 loby w/ this combo if someone wants to do it real time :)

All done :)

Last edited:

Another half a tenth at the line, still another 0.15 there but pain>desire so I'm done. Good luck guys. :cheers:

Another half a tenth at the line, still another 0.15 there but pain>desire so I'm done. Good luck guys. :cheers:

Goodluck to you as well Chris! :cheers:

I got the car up to full power. New splits:

Still can't quite work out the last sector.

This makes no sense, I can't beat my 135hp lap with full power and can no longer do under 19.0 in sector one. What the? Spent three hours on this now, two of which are just watching the ghost of a slower car! :banghead:

Needs closer look in t3 but appeared clean on first watch. Saw a solitary .646 but not close to that otherwise. Pretty irritating. Have red clocked a lap .160 quicker and I think there's .200 in there

Last edited:
This makes no sense, I can't beat my 135hp lap with full power and can no longer do under 19.0 in sector one. What the? Spent three hours on this now, two of which are just watching the ghost of a slower car! :banghead:

Ive had the same experience, for some reason I do my best lap just as I need to change oil when the car is losing power, I had that at tsabuka as well. It's quite puzzling

At least you have reached a sub 19 T1 time.. I'm stuck in the .02's and its costing me now :D Still half a tenth on my PB in T2 aswell, best T3 so far though:

--------------------------
However I have gone down a different route with the setup, obviously max downforce, same B/B and ratios as Insatiable, but with these changes:
Ride Height : -7 / -2
Spring Rate : 5.3 / 4.7
Dampers (Ext) : 5 / 3
Dampers (Comp) : 2 / 1
Anti Roll : 7 / 5
Camber : 2.5 / 2.0
Toe : -0.60 / -0.30

LSD : 7 / 9 / 8

------------------------
Well a little moan about not being in the 18's club seems to have paid off:

Last edited:
This makes no sense, I can't beat my 135hp lap with full power and can no longer do under 19.0 in sector one. What the? Spent three hours on this now, two of which are just watching the ghost of a slower car!

I am having the same problem. Like Mamba, it seems the best times are had right before oil change. Or it seems they come in cycles. For two hours the track is slippery with no grip anywhere, and then all of sudden, the magic happens and grip everywhere! If I could only figure out T3 (specifically the chicane) I might actually end up with a decent lap!

Most of the afternoon got me these splits, but I am sure my T3 is nothing but toast!

Quick 13 lap run with Caine's setup and beat my time by half a tenth.

Quick 13 lap run with Caine's setup and beat my time by half a tenth.

Yay I'm helping :lol:

In my opinion I don't think mine or Insatiable's setup varies how the car drives much at all, I just find my setup a bit more predictable over the curbs.

I've made some good progress, but I'm ending tonight with these splits:

I feel like there is about .1 left through T1 + 2 and maybe .05 in T3. So getting there

----------------

Fetchy just updated... man this is close :

GTP_ConRollins ---- 0'38.617 ----- +0'00.226
GTP_Caine ---------- 0'38.622 ----- +0'00.231
GTP_Mamba -------- 0'38.623 ----- +0'00.232
.006 between top 3 D2, game on :sly:

Last edited:
Back