GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 135 : Allibubba99 +1

Congrats on your century, mate! :cheers: Fantastic pics there as well... 👍

A centenniAL?

Chris, if it's not too much to ask, and if it's not considered too serious a change in the tradition, maybe you could include the next left/right turns in your video (since the first sector is so short)?

I can't control this car. Soon as I touch the gas I go into the wall. Even being in a higher gear still spins me. This is gonna be great.

I can't control this car. Soon as I touch the gas I go into the wall. Even being in a higher gear still spins me. This is gonna be great.

Im having the same problem, but throttle control and quick short shifts help :) but I guess the pad is harder to do that than it is with the wheel

Similar setup to Chris, but I use 25/25/10 LSD and 2.5/1.5 camber

This was a good lap, 763bhp but man that's enough.....

36.7 is a scary t2 time, Chris. You must have very good control through that very tough first left/right

Thanks everyone! Here is my tune. It has evolved from a number of different tunes. I still haven't finished tweeking the gears for this track.

Transmission is the usual tranny trick.

-25 / -25
13.0 / 16.0
4/8
4/8
4/4
1.6/2.0
-0.08 0.18

LSD 6/9/5

full downforce
B/B 7/4

Tranny
  1. 2.532
  2. 1.837
  3. 1.461
  4. 1.184
  5. 1.029
  6. 0.914
Final 3.005
Top Speed 220

Congratulations Al, awsome achievement 👍 Defenitly will give youre tune a try, but first lets meet the combo :)

First splits with the car I used in Monza for the endurance....

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I have loved every lap on every track!

My first splits.

Al

Thanks everyone! I have loved every lap on every track!
Yeah, uh-huh, e-e-every lap? Right. We all know you loved the RX-7 on Eiger (Week 48, your first D4 Gold), and took that rush into the next week for a 2nd-straight Gold (TZ2 at Fuji). And you must love Rome because you got 2 of your 3 D3 Golds there (Stratos & Autozam), as well as a D4 Gold.

But did you really love every lap? I know there's a few laps I would love to forget. :lol:

Well your first splits had me beat, but then I tried some Chris-tune and some major egg-throttle. Worked wonders except I have no idea how BB 7/7 is possible, I had to drop to 6/3 due to trail braking habits causing spin-outs. I think I see at least 4 tenths more at this point, but only done 20-ish laps.

Congrats Al, and it's been a pleasure riding with you. :cheers:

PS I did try Al's tune as well, and recommend it for anyone having troubles controlling this beast. Very stable and predictable. 👍

Last edited:
Congrats Al!

and awesome combo, I really like the car/track choice.
I ran a few laps, but no splits worth mentioning. Plus I'm kind of busy nowadays so I might not submit a time.

Congratulations on this amazing achievement, Al. That's true dedication and passion 👍
It's a pity I have to pass on this great combo, just don't know where to find the time. Have to dedicate my little spare time to the GT3 race preparation this weekend.

Oh, ok... I know next to nothing about cricket, but I also could not resist the urge to make a silly pun. :)

Chris, if it's not too much to ask, and if it's not considered too serious a change in the tradition, maybe you could include the next left/right turns in your video (since the first sector is so short)?
I don't think that should be a problem...

Keep in mind that the short square concrete curbs here count as objects and/or walls. I noticed last night that it's really hard to tell by sight or sound that you've hit one.
I couldn't feel this particular contact while driving, but looking at the replay with headphones on I could hear a faint tin-like crash sound.
Threw the lap away and went and beat it by a couple hundredths.

If you can't drive the wheels up onto a curb, then treat it as a wall.

Thanks, same one I used in the NA race at Indy where I got 2nd, right behind Pekka.
Seriously one of the best races I've ever had.

Yours (and the luscious pics of them) all look awesome too. Even in mustard! :lol:

First stint

T1-12.688
T2-36.959

Final sector I seem to be fairly quick on and consistant but middle sector struggling a little

.7 is quick! Straight in straight away!

Edit: interesting: just seen vagabonds vid, I'm achieving nearly 203mph before braking (running very wide last corner and getting best possible run up, 191mph at the start line) and still making the apex corner 1 but was using third out of the corner, i was wondering how you got a low .6, best i could manage was about 5 .66xs,still learn after years on this game! Quicker ways to go around,
Never really driven the car though, apart from the GT Academy boot camp last week when we were messing around one night after the activities were done, using comfort hards! So after that it feels like its on rails lol

Pinching each other techniques should defiantly be a .5 or maybe .4 there.

Will crack on again tomorow

I'm not very good with gear ratios or anything setup wise really, is it possible to make itmax out dead on 202mph? Think is was good for couple of mph more not slot though,I made 203 once but ran wide.

Last edited:
Not my kind of car, but fun combo overall.
Using Chris' tune, thanks for it and for the vid, gonna try Al's tune tomorrow :)

Ran this some tonight, not sure what I'm doing wrong but my times are terrible. Of course I always stink at this track.

It's a fun combo, just not sure if I'll figure it out before Monday.

It maxs out at 207 is anybody able to tweak it to 202-203?
Edit: just changed final drive abit ill see if it any quicker now

Last edited:
It maxs out at 207 is anybody able to tweak it to 202-203?
Edit: just changed final drive abit ill see if it any quicker now

I lowered it to 211 so on theory should max out at 203 and get to there slightly faster? But actually is fractionally slower at the end of the straight?
I ain't got a clue about tuning haha I haven't played in do long!

Anyway new splits

T1-12.624
T2-36.881

Last edited:
Back