GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 138 : Evolutionary Theory

• Thread starter EDK
  • 150 comments
Nice going guys... some nice splits appearing. 👍

My splits from last run last night:

Looking for a tenth in sector 1, maybe a smidge more in sector 2... last sector was close to my best so I think I'll be happy with one more tenth on the lap. Not sure how much time I'll have until the weekend so I'm probably a sitting duck until then. :P

djeezus, did everybody get so fast or am i getting slow:crazy:!!

got some work to do....

Look at div 3 beasting it!

Edit: Ok onto Chris' tune and beat my times on my very first go. Great setup mate thanks a bunch for that 👍

Oh and my car:

8754714047_e6c0b93974_b.jpg

This was taken from the Parity race I mentioned when I used this exact car. That was one of the most incredible races ever, so hoping next weeks race will be just as good. My car of course the one on the left.

Last edited:
Played with this a little last night before having a more serious try at it today. First splits.

Getting somewhere..... Awesome tune Chris 👍

Done complaining now then? :rolleyes:

Got a short run in before dinner:

Squeaked a bit in sector 3 too for 0.07 at the line. Probably another 0.15 to get overall.

First splits with Chris's tune and a broken in car:

Made the following changes to the setup:

Toe Angle: -0.30/-1.00

LSD:
5/5
60/60
5/10

Brake Balance: 4/8

Last edited:

This combo has taken over from everything I'm supposed to be doing tonight... This doesn't bode well for the rest of the week. :mischievous:

I'm doing something wrong as well. I've tried different lines, braking points, smooth entry and drifting around corners. Best I could manage is a .3; in t2.... gonna try for a bit tonight and if I fail to figure it out, it'll be a Diablo 3 week for me :P

I'm doing something wrong as well. I've tried different lines, braking points, smooth entry and drifting around corners. Best I could manage is a .3; in t2.... gonna try for a bit tonight and if I fail to figure it out, it'll be a Diablo 3 week for me :P

Don't give up so easily. 👍 If I can get a half-way decent lap, then so can you. :)

Chris, did you miss my earlier kwestion? I was asking about that first right-hand turn after T1... in 4th or 5th gear? Thanks :)

Chris, did you miss my earlier kwestion? I was asking about that first right-hand turn after T1... in 4th or 5th gear? Thanks :)

not sure but I presume 4th, that's what i'm doing anyway 👍

Yeah I missed it, sorry Daniel. I'm using 4th. :)

Weren't you in D3 not too long ago? :lol: You're flying this week Mamba. 👍

It appears that car, track combo plus Chris's tune suites me quite well this week.

I keep losing time in sector 3 aghhhh :yuck:

manumanu19
How are you taking sector 2 at the moment, what's your game plan through there?

First corner, brake a little, stay in 5th and hug the grass coming on the left down the hill, brake just before the rumbles of the right begin on the double apex corner with about 1/4 brake downshifting to 2nd. Then go to the right as much as possible to set up for the left handed curve in 2nd gear.

Hard to explain but that's the jist of it. I think I'm losing time in the double right.

Using Chris' tune

Last edited:
First corner, brake a little, stay in 5th and hug the grass coming on the left down the hill, brake just before the rumbles of the right begin on the double apex corner with about 1/4 brake downshifting to 2nd. Then go to the right as much as possible to set up for the left handed curve in 2nd gear.

Hard to explain but that's the jist of it. I think I'm losing time in the double right.

Using Chris' tune

for me, hug the grass on left as you climb the hill at very start of T2, dab of brakes and downshift to 4th, turn in but don't use the kerb (always seems to push me wide on exit) then back upto 5th, hug grass on left as you go downhill, same as you for the double right, for the final lefthander i'm changing down to 1st, kicking the rear round and flooring it :lol:

gtpcaine
for me, hug the grass on left as you climb the hill at very start of T2, dab of brakes and downshift to 4th, turn in but don't use the kerb (always seems to push me wide on exit) then back upto 5th, hug grass on left as you go downhill, same as you for the double right, for the final lefthander i'm changing down to 1st, kicking the rear round and flooring it :lol:

That's basically what I've been doing. First corner is the same but I stay in 5th. I tried going to first in the left hander but got passed by my ghost. I'll try it some more.

Back