GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 138 : Evolutionary Theory

• Thread starter EDK
  • 150 comments
the only other bit of advice I can think of is sometimes its better to coast into the apex rather than still be on the brakes 1/4, but you'll have to have a play and figure out what works for you. Also i'm at 3/7 bb.

First corner, brake a little, stay in 5th and hug the grass coming on the left down the hill, brake just before the rumbles of the right begin on the double apex corner with about 1/4 brake downshifting to 2nd. Then go to the right as much as possible to set up for the left handed curve in 2nd gear.

Hard to explain but that's the jist of it. I think I'm losing time in the double right.

Using Chris' tune

First corner your good just downshift to 4th and get on throttle very very early.

Second part it seems your doing the right thing, shift down fairly slowly to keep the car in check and try and brake about 15% or 20% almost like trail braking I think 1/4 is too much. For the hairpin I'm staying in the middle of the track as I approach the corner.

Edit: I'm on 1st at the hairpin, 2nd is way too lazy around there and the car turns a lot better with 1st.

Hadent noticed Cains response but I'm doing exactly what his doing

manumanu19
First corner your good just downshift to 4th and get on throttle very very early.

Second part it seems your doing the right thing, shift down fairly slowly to keep the car in check and try and brake about 15% or 20% almost like trail braking I think 1/4 is too much. For the hairpin I'm staying in the middle of the track as I approach the corner.

Thanks. Its tough to put precise braking input with the ds3. Guess I'll have to practice it more. I'm already on 2nd oil change after break in haha

Ahh yeah that would make it hard, then probably braking earlier then costing would also work ok, as Caine suggested.

Had an hour and a half last night to try this one out. Pretty fun. :) Started fully broken in with a stock tune. Then I tried a slightly tweaked version of Chris' tune. A full second faster in a few laps. Thanks for the tune, Chris 👍

Probably won't be able to try again until Friday, but I know there's more time to find.

No improvement as of yet, but running consistently behind my ghost by .050-.100. Just need that extra little bit. I can replicate my T2 pretty consistently as that part somehow just came to me naturally. Just need to work on the last sector.

Wow, looked at the leaderboard after a few days, and the times have improved alot. I am starting to see 19,9s in T2. I have a bit more to improve as this lap was .2 off my best T3.

Don't know how. Major slide fest. My best time was a 40.742 at t2 but I had a brain fart in t3

Last edited:
GTP_CargoRatt
Its about damn time. :lol: Told you that you could do it. 👍

I seriously didn't know what I was doing wrong. I even checked to make sure I had the right car. Everybody sure brought their A game this week. I don't think I can catch up to the top third of group. Every single person has a great time.

I seriously didn't know what I was doing wrong. I even checked to make sure I had the right car. Everybody sure brought their A game this week. I don't think I can catch up to the top third of group. Every single person has a great time.

Ah, you'll catch them. 👍 I look to get passed by quite a few people actually. I'm just an idiot and have no clue as to how I'm up there in 6th place, but pretty sure everyone else will step it up. Plus there is not a lot of people competing, so my position on the leaderboard is skewed anyway due to the lack of interest in this combo. Once people start improving or have time to run, I'll fall like a rock. :lol:

GTP_CargoRatt
Ah, you'll catch them. 👍 I look to get passed by quite a few people actually. I'm just an idiot and have no clue as to how I'm up there in 6th place, but pretty sure everyone else will step it up. Plus there is not a lot of people competing, so my position on the leaderboard is skewed anyway due to the lack of interest in this combo. Once people start improving or have time to run, I'll fall like a rock. :lol:

That's actually a good time. If I'm within .5 of 1st, I consider it a good week. Maybe get that t1 into the .7 and you'll be fine all week!

That's actually a good time. If I'm within .5 of 1st, I consider it a good week. Maybe get that t1 into the .7 and you'll be fine all week!

I don't think its a very good time. :yuck: I just think everyone else just haven't hit their peak yet. There is just no way I should be up there along side those guys and no way in hell should I be ahead of who I am. Just wait until the weekend and you'll see. My time is just a false positive.

just wanted to come up here and say hi Mitch:D

good effort from both you + Mitch!

Not sure if i'll get much more time at this combo now, got WGT1 practice tonight, Saturday i'm helping my farther-in-law move house, then have the WGT1 race in the evening, Sunday i'm at Brands Hatch for the BTCC finale, so that leaves Monday evening really.

Pretty happy with my T3.. I think, but we'll see

GTP_CargoRatt
Like I knew you would. 👍 See what happens when you quit crying about things and actually put some effort into it. 👍

I haven't came close to it since. I've had a 718 in t1 and a 40 697 but I botch up t3. On any other lap, I gain time in t3 on my ghost. I've been using Chris' tune with Andrews tweaks. Good stuff.

I haven't came close to it since. I've had a 718 in t1 and a 40 697 but I botch up t3. On any other lap, I gain time in t3 on my ghost. I've been using Chris' tune with Andrews tweaks. Good stuff.

Keep at it Brandon, you'll pull something good off I'm sure. 👍 I've already reached the 2,000 mile mark on this last night and still missing my best by less than .100. I think I may have peaked too early. (No smart-ass comments either. :lol:)

Pb in t2 & 3 pb in 1 is 656 o.o met my goal for the week on this lap. Lowered expectations I guess. Using Chris' tune. I put the rear toe wrong before. Made a huge difference. . Up .2 better than I had before.

I'm ahead of doodle! *takes screen shot*

Last edited:
Just put in a 20.675 sector 1, which would be 2nd best on the board. But still...I'm 3 tenths or more behind pretty much everyone above me in sector 2 and now after several more hours of practice, still have no idea where I'm going wrong. Took all the suggestions from here, but it just never comes out faster than the last time, and it's most aggravating. Think I might put this one to bed.

I have a question here for any member of the staff. I am going to be moving on Sunday, therefore I will be submitting my results on Saturday night. Since I am not going to have internet after that, I was wondering if I could submit my replay to one of you on Saturday after I submit my final time, just in case its needed. Not sure if I can just pm it to you or if I have to e-mail it, but just let me know how to go about this so I can have myself covered. Thanks.

@Brandon: That's quite an improvement there from a few days ago. Great job there Brando, told you that you would put something together. 👍 Now Oink just needs to come up with something, which I know he is fully capable of and have no doubt that he will. 👍

Forgot about Patrick and Gravatron. I know them two will eventually pass me also, probably along with most of D3. :lol: Like I said before, I seemed to have peaked early on in this one. :grumpy:

Last edited:
GTP_CargoRatt
I have a question here for any member of the staff. I am going to be moving on Sunday, therefore I will be submitting my results on Saturday night. Since I am not going to have internet after that, I was wondering if I could submit my replay to one of you on Saturday after I submit my final time, just in case its needed. Not sure if I can just pm it to you or if I have to e-mail it, but just let me know how to go about this so I can have myself covered. Thanks.

@Brandon: That's quite an improvement there from a few days ago. Great job there Brando, told you that you would put something together. 👍 Now Oink just needs to come up with something, which I know he is fully capable of and have no doubt that he will. 👍

Forgot about Patrick and Gravatron. I know them two will eventually pass me also, probably along with most of D3. :lol: Like I said before, I seemed to have peaked early on in this one. :grumpy:

Thanks Mitch. I'm pretty sure I'm at my limit unless I can get in the .6; for t1 and .7 for t2. You could probably send the replay via email to the wrs Gmail account or to me and if it's needed, I'll review it and post it.

Thanks Mitch. I'm pretty sure I'm at my limit unless I can get in the .6; for t1 and .7 for t2. You could probably send the replay via email to the wrs Gmail account or to me and if it's needed, I'll review it and post it.

Alright. However the staff wants me to do it is how it will be done. Just waiting for one of them to tell me how they want it handled.

If Brandon can handle it for you, that's probably best. We're spread a little thin on the Admin front over the next week or two, with sicknesses and travel plans and such.

You can't send attachments through the PM system, so you can just send it to him via email.

Back