GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 138 : Evolutionary Theory

• Thread starter EDK
  • 150 comments
I am with some others here who just can not solve the riddle of T2. I have taken all the suggestions, and then tried so many different ways. I have once broken the 20 second barrier in many laps. Without me lowering T2, I will stay right about where I am. I can do .7s in T1 pretty consistently now, I just can not run T2 consistently.

day 2: read some advice from earlier in the thread..improved a little..

so close to getting into the 19's in t2! cmon! almost there!!

Last edited:
Here's something interesting for you all.

I change paints for every day I race and keep a note pad of all my splits. Day 1 I start out with an orange color, day 2 is red, 3 is green, 4 is white.

This week I changed it up. Green for day 1, Orange for 2, blue 3 and 4 white.

Why I am explaining this? Every week my fastest overall time is green. This week was no exception. Ran my fastest time with green.

Here's my notepad:

Green: fastest t3 time
Orange: fastest t2 time of 812
White: fastest average time about 1-2 tenths off my 1 lap.
Blue: fastest t1 of 656

do colors make you go faster? I think its odd green is always my fastest no matter when I run it. I've been chasing that damn fantasiagrün green for days now.

Switched back to green. LeMans-Grün...

Pb t3... I'm on to something here.

Last edited:
I'll give that a try and see if it's magic. :dopey: Later after the WRS F1 race at Suzuka.

Much better sector 1, worse sector 2, and very slightly better sector 3 for a gain of a few thousandths at the line.

Ridiculous T3. I had my magic lap that's almost a tenth faster than this and .14 faster than my previous best. Clipped much of the grass in t2 and it went red :(

Finally had a .7 t2!!! 782 to be exact. Lookin for about .12x overall. I'm pretty satisfied with my time but I want that time I had earlier lol

Last edited:
Well, it looks like another mediocre week for me. About .2 left but heck if I can get it.

I hope i will find the time just before closing time tomorrow.... It is hard to watch you guys competing and not being able to race myself..... What makes it even harder is the fact there have been some awsome combos in the last weeks 👍

Was a good fun combo.

Thanks for the tune Chris 👍

Submitted with these splits

Good luck everybody.

Switched back to green. LeMans-Grün...

I switched to LeMans Green (didn't have a Grün...) and had one lap .05 slower than my fastest, but mostly just got more and more frustrated with T2.
It made me do this.

GrandValleyEast_1_zpsf9b495fb.jpg

Gravitron
I switched to LeMans Green (didn't have a Grün...) and had one lap .05 slower than my fastest, but mostly just got more and more frustrated with T2.
It made me do this.

Lol its gotta be grün!!!!!!

I may not be able to post a replay for a couple of days. My wife and I are split up for the moment and my thumb drive is with her.

Slower splits, but almost 0.1s better for the whole lap.

Quite inconsistent in all 3 sectors... to paraphrase an old blues standard, "if it wasn't for inconsistency, I wouldn't have no consistency at all..."

This one is tricky, but I routinely go faster in one or the other so there is more time to find. I might have some time tonight, but so far:

Can't seem to connect a .6 sector 1 and a .7 sector 2 together. :banghead: Gained .04 at the end of the lap though.

Last edited:
I just wasted a few hours between last night and this afternoon trying to improve my time. Last night I could not get within .7 of my best time, so I wrote it off as I was tired. I tried again today and same thing, and I knew my lines were good and no mistakes. I watch a replay of my last session and I saw what was wrong, my brake lights going on and off down the straights. I then took apart my G27 pedals, gave them a good cleaning, and problem solved.

I had one more go last night. Had my best T2, and near best T1, but then had my best T3 with a .25 slower T1 and T2. I then had a roll of beating T1 and T2, then dropping the anchor thru T3. :banghead: Though I think I could do better I must submit with:

I'll just have to save it for the next one. 👍

I've been trying for hours to improve my lap time, without success... I have at least 0.2s left on the track, but I can't get 3 decent sectors together. Submitting with current splits, but I might have another go at it before deadline. Good luck everybody.

Also submitted here. Doubt I'll win but I'll be happy with a podium. Not happy with my sector 2, but my sector 3 made up for it for an alright lap.

I'm submitting too, just haven't had chance to run this properly. Still about .25 left I think, my T3 felt good, but only time will tell now!

Big thanks to Chris, your setup was a dream! I was happy with the balance I had on my own setup, but just couldn't get the times. With yours I was instantly faster.

Found improvement in the first two sectors but T3 is not my best performence.....

Submitted with splits on the board.

Back