GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 141 : Roamin' Roman

• Thread starter EDK
  • 81 comments
I've been so busy trying to finish off the seasonal time trial that I keep forgetting to run the WRS. I'm trying to get my very first win there. Thankfully it ends in 24 hours from now so I can get right back into the Ferrari!

Should be easy for you since most of the big guns have stopped participating in those Seasonal events.

I should be happy with this lap, as T2 is good (w/ a banzai Krazy Kink(R)) and T3 is only 0.04 off my PB, but I had quite a few .7's and .8's in T1 that were followed by Wrong Tight Rights or Killer Kinks (literally).

Used Baron's 4/2 BB. 👍

No Al, all hard surfaces are track this week.

Ah crap. I dismissed so many good (read: faster) laps because I was on all-green in that last turn. :banghead: Good to know for my next run. Still, though, some moderate improvement:

Another productive session tonight...

2 tenths better through sector 3. Started getting .6 1st sectors now so still another 2 tenths available on the lap, give or take. Using BB 4/2 now (good one Baron
njj.gif
)

Edit:

Only half a tenth at the line. Another tenth and I'll be happy I think.

Well, I'm happy now but I'll be that bit happier...
cqy.gif

Last edited:
Nice shots Lucas! New splits after coming off a great seasonal TT win!

A tenth faster in sector 3 as well. :)

Thanks for the likes, guys. 👍

Chris, doodle, and escama have really upped the bar, and Patrick's hot on my tail.

I'm going to hit it for an hour or two in a bit, then probably one more final blast on Sunday night. :)

Almost lost it in T3, though, for not much gain at the line. Anyone has any advice for those last two right-hand turns? That rumble strip on the right LEFT side can be a pain if you get a couple of wheels on the other side, makes it hard to take the last turn...

Last edited:
That final turn has killed a ton of good laps. It's so hard for me to get a good exit without the back end tapping the wall. Managed to hang on to this lap for a .160 gain.

Need a tenth more in t3 because I know the competition will get it.

@AspecBob, I think the final U-turn is more about how you take the Last Left just before it, as that will dictate different approaches to lines and brake points. I throw it into 3rd and get close to both of the barrier points that stick out on the left, with enough gas to almost hit the rev-limiter and then brake quickly and down to 2nd just after passing the 50 sign on the left. Then nurse the throttle in 2nd with an in-out-in for the U-turn. Not pulling an Al (going fully into the
green:P).

Ok, didn't stay in front of Joe for very long, but improved by almost a tenth on the lap.

Edit: alright, thanks Lucas, I'll try that, although I found I can keep quite a bit of speed by staying into 4th and thrashing the car a bit into that left.

I tried 4th there as well, but kept pushing too far right. If you can do it and still enter the U on a good line, go for it. 👍

Well, I just saw a .8xx T1!!! but messed up the very next turn. Not sure I'll see another one of those...

I think I was braking too late before the kink, I can now make better exits and pick up more speed at the beginning of T3. With that, and being more careful in the last two turns should help me improve my T3 quite a bit... but not tonight, it's getting too late now.

Anyway, quite an addictive combo... I think I'll go like the OP.

For the kink I've been braking right where the last big tree shadow ends.

--

A tenth better at the line. Better T1, worse T2, and new PB T3. :mischievous:
Had a freak 22.9xx T2 on one lap, but then remembered I'm not an alien. ;)

Last edited:
4th is faster through sector 3's sweeper but its a crap shoot and a bit of a banzai entry to the double apex hairpin....

New splits. I can't believe this lap is actually faster... :crazy:

So there's still another 0.2 out there but I reckon it will be a tall order holding it together through sector 3 to beat the one I just did.

My back is driving me nuts, but couldn't miss this one. First splits, not broken in yet

Quick run tonight. I biffed T1 by almost .3, but made up .5 in T2, adding up to .3 at the line.

Now all I want is to get a 25.9 in T1 and maintain T2 and T3. Happy Friday! :D

Another small step....

Juggling sector times for tiny gains. There's still about 0.15 out there with best sectors so far 25.620 and 22.979 respectively. Busy weekend ahead so may not get another run until Monday but its been great fun so far. Happy with this lap as a banker I think but 1 more tenth would be lovely. :P

Fastest splits, and most likely last try. Has been fun, lots of laps, two oil changes.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back