GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 15 : Running Full Stop in Reverse - FIRST POST UPDATED

• Thread starter EDK
  • 711 comments
Loving the combo 👍 Very accessible car and track combo, each one of my family members had a lap :lol: Are the two turns at the end of the back straight supposed to be taken as a double apex? I can't find the sweet spot, but I've gotten close :)

It is basically a double apex, throttle control being the key to achieving turn in. The main thing is to hit the second apex at the spot that allows you to keep it flat out until you brake for the left hander at the tunnel. The car will push to the left side of the track, and you need to keep 2 wheels on tarmac there.

If anybody can get this thing to even think about lift off oversteer then they deserve to win the internet.

Ok managed to get it to do that! I didnt write the settings down but I do remember the gist of it.

Max front ride height min rear.
12/7 springs
5/6
4/5
3/5

2.0 / 2.5 camber i think
0 / -0.30 Toe

Max front DF, Min rear.

LSD I think 12/30/5

Gears, well 250 then adjusted, basically you want to use 3rd for the last turn and have it so your not spinning much and 4th for the double right at the end of the back straight with a short 5th to suit the 1st corner and 6th to obviously not over rev on front straight, The key is to be just under the power band when your coming out of the corner with the VTEC cutting in as you exit and straighten up, if the gears are too short you simply cant get the power down and find yourself understeering wide, especially in the double right.

Anyway took another .3 off my time and got these splits

Ive been about .1 faster in both sectors. Still a bit more tweaking to be done but its almost 1am and I need to get to bed :lol:

Will do some more later in the week and if anybody requests I can dig up my exact settings with proper gears 👍

Anyway thats my cards on the table, look forward to logging in at work in the morning and finding myself outside the top 10 :lol:

After Carlos, Chuk and Insatiable got promoted ( well done lads) I thought I might have a chance at a D3 gold, been close a few times. Now it does not look like it is going to happen anytime soon. Can't see me getting near these splits.

First splits with few very small tweaks to default setup:

I can see about .2 seconds to be had in each of the three sectors using current setup.

I know the WRS is only for fun but being so close to a D3 gold and not making it made me more determined, put a lot of hours in last week thinking it might be my chance, now I feel like giving up as my goal is so near yet looks like its going to be unreachable, I feel like it will only be a fight for second now.

I know the WRS is only for fun but being so close to a D3 gold and not making it made me more determined, put a lot of hours in last week thinking it might be my chance, now I feel like giving up as my goal is so near yet looks like its going to be unreachable, I feel like it will only be a fight for second now.
Don't give up Nizzy, this is my fault for doing the qualifier at the last minute and thinking I had a good enough time. I'm the kind of person that needs to see what others are doing (see split times) in order to push myself to find time I don't find on my own and the qualifier doesn't allow that. We're also on a track that I've done a huge amount of laps on for the last 10+ years.

I'm sorry for this situation, I'm the only one to blame. You should keep doing what your doing and you will get your D3 gold/promotion.

Don't give up Nizzy, this is my fault for doing the qualifier at the last minute and thinking I had a good enough time. I'm the kind of person that needs to see what others are doing (see split times) in order to push myself to find time I don't find on my own and the qualifier doesn't allow that. We're also on a track that I've done a huge amount of laps on for the last 10+ years.

I'm sorry for this situation, I'm the only one to blame. You should keep doing what your doing and you will get your D3 gold/promotion.

No problem. Can't see me giving up as I've been having too much fun. I know a promotion to D2 is within my reach if I put in the effort but I would have Liked a D3 win before that. Thats more what my rant was about. Will just need to try harder.

Max front ride height min rear.
12/7 springs
5/6
4/5
3/5

2.0 / 2.5 camber i think
0 / -0.30 Toe

Max front DF, Min rear.

LSD I think 12/30/5

Thankz "SF" I'll buy a new car and paint it the color of french fries, so I can run your setup without changing mine. I'll call my new car w/ your set-up "the Fryer" :)
These cars are so afordable I can buy a new one for each setup that is posted and I'll have my own "Battle of the Tunazzz" :lol:

Charlie_Tuna.jpg

T1: 23.873
T2: 30.112

Last edited:
OMFG....

I just realized I set the downforce backwards in my settings :lol:

Well since that was the first setting I changed and based everything off of it I get to start over, yay :ouch:

Jerome

OMFG....

I just realized I set the downforce backwards in my settings :lol:

Holy cow Jerome - how did you manage a time like that with your downforce the wrong way round...? Awesome. 👍

Tried your setup Dion but I'm still not getting oversteer... changed LSD to 5/15/5 and then did improve slightly though:

T1: 23.357
T2: 29.518

23.0 in T1 is mind boggling.

We're also on a track that I've done a huge amount of laps on for the last 10+ years.
Not just this track - you've had some outstanding performances in the past, mate. The Nurburgring qualifier is tricky for several reasons, not least of which is that many people are simply afraid of pushing it too hard at the 'ring and throwing a decent time away, leading to compromises for clean versus fast... another one is the lack of a ghost to chase and I think the Bronze, Silver, Gold rankings are deceptive. Quite alot of people have qualified out of position relative to their "usual" performances.

Last edited:
The Nurburgring qualifier is tricky for several reasons, not least of which is that many people are simply afraid of pushing it too hard at the 'ring and throwing a decent time away, leading to compromises for clean versus fast... another one is the lack of a ghost to chase and I think the Bronze, Silver, Gold rankings are deceptive. Quite alot of people have qualified out of position relative to their "usual" performances.
Yeah, and I spent an hour on them both combined and have had to spend at least 5 times that each week to improve to D1 status. :scared:

Yeah, and I spent an hour on them both combined and have had to spend at least 5 times that each week to improve to D1 status. :scared:

You obviously have an affinity for the 'Ring then, judging also from your performance in week 14. The blasted place gives me nightmares. :crazy:

SO. MUCH. UNDERSTEER.

Can't cope..... Tried lots of things to get some oversteer.... Nothing seems to work :( oh please help!

Manuelos
Drive backwards? 💡

Hmmmm.... Will try! Don't see that being any quicker though ;) :P

EDIT:

First splits for me!

T1 is all about the 1st and last corner. T2 is all about the right handers in the middle that link together. T3 is all about the last corner! Nail those and you have a pretty perfect lap!

Last edited:
SO. MUCH. UNDERSTEER.

Can't cope..... Tried lots of things to get some oversteer.... Nothing seems to work :( oh please help!

Imagine there's an egg under the throttle. Now imagine inside that egg is the world's oldest bottle of whisky. Now imagine inside that bottle of whisky contains the answers for everything.

Yeah, it still won't work.

Not driven it yet, but can see that 280 odd hp in an FF is going to be fun. LSD on minimum, etc.

SO. MUCH. UNDERSTEER.

Reduce the power until you can hold it wide open around the majority of the turns and then tweek the handling until it's on rails. If you take the crazy power out of the problem then you can understand the handling better. Bring the power up 10% at a time and adjust the handling until your back at the WFO pace again etc... etc..

It's the old story about as you increse the HP the handling is changed, just take it incrimentaly and take your time to bring the car up to full power by alternating Power > Handling > Power > Handling etc....

This is my new game plan for these types of combos where we can tweek the cars.

First run, still getting used to the car.

T1 23.508
T2 31.135

Hello guys,

Back from the dead.

First Splits

T1 22.975
T2 29.041

Plenty of room for improvement as I have ran faster sector times :sly:

First run with a DS3 was so fun! Nice contrast to last week.

Reduce the power until you can hold it wide open around the majority of the turns and then tweek the handling until it's on rails. If you take the crazy power out of the problem then you can understand the handling better. Bring the power up 10% at a time and adjust the handling until your back at the WFO pace again etc... etc..

It's the old story about as you increse the HP the handling is changed, just take it incrimentaly and take your time to bring the car up to full power by alternating Power > Handling > Power > Handling etc....

This is my new game plan for these types of combos where we can tweek the cars.
Of course the sooner you learn to handle the power, the longer you'll have to get used to full power. :sly:

Am I right to assume that you only need to put on the race modification in GT auto?:dunce:

Awesome combo if so.:dopey:

T1: 0'23.212
T2: 0'29.514

Phillip.
Awesome splits Philip. The IDOR combo payed off.:)

Link to GTP_IDOR below in my signature. GT300 at deep forest reverse.

Am I right to assume that you only need to put on the race modification in GT auto?:dunce:

Awesome combo if so.:dopey:

No, you have to add all the power upgrade parts with the exception of Turbo or Supercharger. You don't have to, but in order to keep up, it's strongly suggested.

Unfortunately, since power doesn't show up on the replay, it's the only way to make sure people are not using more than they are supposed to.

EDK
No, you have to add all the power upgrade parts with the exception of Turbo or Supercharger. You don't have to, but in order to keep up, it's strongly suggested.

Unfortunately, since power doesn't show up on the replay, it's the only way to make sure people are not using more than they are supposed to.
I need to add the power upgrade and weight reduction AND the race modification?
Or can I purchase a race modded Civic somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

I need to add the power upgrade and weight reduction AND the race modification?
Or can I purchase a race modded Civic somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

Race modification takes care of some of the upgrades.

It takes the car to min weight, adds the aero, adds racing exhaust, racing transmission, racing suspension, LSD.

It does not add the engine CPU, engine power upgrades stage 1-3, racing intake, racing air filter, racing exhaust manifold and racing cat converter. You have to buy those parts after buying the car and race modifying it.

You also will have to buy the sports soft tires.

Holy cow Jerome - how did you manage a time like that with your downforce the wrong way round...? Awesome. 👍

Tried your setup Dion but I'm still not getting oversteer... changed LSD to 5/15/5 and then did improve slightly though:

T1: 23.357
T2: 29.518

23.0 in T1 is mind boggling.

I didn't put too much into the DF, just slight changes so I'll probably not see much improvement...who knows :)

I might be in the minority, or just going off of GT4, but I have never really installed/used LSD in GT5. When I was wrs'ing in GT4 I tried it time and time again and it consistently yielded me slower times/corner exiting issues, than with it uninstalled. But I'll give it a try in this ffs car :P

Jerome

New Splits

T1 22.855
T2 28.869

Can still see more time in the final sector, messed up the double right hander :grumpy:

Of course the sooner you learn to handle the power, the longer you'll have to get used to full power. :sly:

That’s not the idea, It's the sorting process that has to go in the correct direction so that when the car is finally at full power the car is set up correctly for that driver. It's just a sorting trick to help find the right adjustment that fits that driver. Learning to drive w/ proper power application is kind of a dark art and it's the hardest thing to learn. So this trick takes that issue out of the tweaking process and saves it for last after the car is properly adjusted so it's not the problem in going fast. IMO

Back