GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 18 : In the Mood for Some Italian

• Thread starter EDK
  • 260 comments
First laps.

Very close to dirty in a few places so I won't be submitting this, I can easily beat this anyway.:)

Ok thanx EDK, I was affraid so.
It is kind of hard racing on rumble sound in the corners.
When here, this week, half of the rumble is dirty.
Nothing to do about it, rules are rules :)

This is just one of those tracks that cutting corners stands to gain you a lot of time.

I tried to set rules that are similar to tracks that have similar issues, such as Fuji or Nurburgring GP.

Just noticed I was on the green part of the rumble strip in the first chicane, gotta be more careful.

Just noticed I was on the green part of the rumble strip in the first chicane, gotta be more careful.

I have had that ruin a few laps already in other parts of the lap.:ouch:

Getting a clean and fast lap is going to be tricky here, as you have to cut as much corner as you can to be fast, cut too much though and the lap will be dirty.:scared:

Ok thanx EDK, I was affraid so.
It is kind of hard racing on rumble sound in the corners.
When here, this week, half of the rumble is dirty.
Nothing to do about it, rules are rules :)

EDK
This is just one of those tracks that cutting corners stands to gain you a lot of time.

I tried to set rules that are similar to tracks that have similar issues, such as Fuji or Nurburgring GP.

This is very true, one reason why I always try my best to keep two wheels on the black stuff at all times, yes I know it will never come out to be the fastest lap.

You dont have to worry about is this bit clean or dirty and you can still go quick with two legal wheel on the track.

Phillip.

Forget about cutting corners - lining up for EXIT speed will give you the fastest laps at Monza - you can have the sloppiest entries into the first chicane, Lesmo 2, Ascari and Parabolica but if you nail all 4 exits, you'll run a super fast lap.

Monza is dead simple - so very simple really, miss one of those exits and you'll lose up to a second per part :)

For the record, this is the most fun I've had round here - the F1 game I found it very frustrating to run fast, this car is enormous fun to the contrary.

For the record, this is the most fun I've had round here - the F1 game I found it very frustrating to run fast, this car is enormous fun to the contrary.

Glad you like it. :)

I had tested something like this when the Seasonal TT was here a couple months back, but with the amount of power those allowed, it was not much fun. I really wanted to go with the Italian Car/Italian track thing here, and this was the best of the Arcade Only cars for the combo.

I also tested the Zonda R here. Some people have fun with that combo, but I found it to be incredibly tricky and frustrating, even on the softest tires. I think I'll save that beast for a track that doesn't require using so much of the curbs. ;)

EDK
Glad you like it. :)

I had tested something like this when the Seasonal TT was here a couple months back, but with the amount of power those allowed, it was not much fun. I really wanted to go with the Italian Car/Italian track thing here, and this was the best of the Arcade Only cars for the combo.

I also tested the Zonda R here. Some people have fun with that combo, but I found it to be incredibly tricky and frustrating, even on the softest tires. I think I'll save that beast for a track that doesn't require using so much of the curbs. ;)

Indy :crazy: that thing is :scared:

Phillip

Yeah, I hope those things aren't like that in real life.

Sweet lap. Hit all my exits reasonably, particularly Lesmo 2 and Ascari, perhaps half a tenth lost on Parabolica with a slightly lumpy entry/exit. First chicane obviously has more time in it too judging by Mignun's split.

Half a second quicker than my first session.

BB of 4/6 which IMHO is pretty sweet and a lot better than that 7/5 I was running last night.

Edit:

Got 31.4x a few times and didn't quite get T2 right - gonna give it another try in a bit since I'm seeing the turns well at the moment :D

Last edited:
Nice time there millross.👍

I have a faster lap I think, but it needs checking before I post the splits. I still keep cutting the corners by a few cm too much and I am not really trying to cut them, I'm just careless.:dopey:

I've seen a 31.3 and a 37.9, but 31.4 and 38.0 is a more realistic target for me. I'll have to give 4/6 BB a go too, if it makes you faster.:sly:

My splits are so slow compared to everybody else at the moment, ashamed to post them :nervous:

The chicanes calling me to cut them, doesn't help either. Time for a break.

Right, time to get back into this WRS lark!

I participated in the first couple of weeks performing spectaularly averagely, and then moved house and lost the time/urge. I have just bought a wheel though, a DFGT, and thought what better way to learn than to throw a Lambo round a track :crazy:

Anyway, here are my first set of splits, it was a very cautious lap, hopefully I can improve on it with time :)

Left a little bit in the first sector, but everything after that was suh-weet. Nailed Lesmo 1 for once.

PFFF...
Can't seem to get this car around the track
according to the splits I have after a 3hr session :grumpy:

I really liked this combo in the seasonal time trial (even with the corner cutting!), I think I was 12th or so when it ended. I'm finding the first chicane much more frustrating this time around though! Rest of the track is great, although some parts are much more tricky when you have to stay "clean". :D

T1: 31.614
T2: 38.049

New splits

T1: 31.544
T2: 38.124

T1: 31.453
T2: 38.217

Just about have T1 pretty much perfect. Just need to work on Ascari section

Last edited:
Ran a few laps in the afternoon, no clean splits to speak of yet. I seem seem to be having lots of trouble with the last turn. Can't seem to find a good line or even be consistent. Is it better to stay tight inside, follow the tire marks, the driving line or make it up as I go? : odd:

Updated splits.

A few tenths left in those two sectors and maybe one in the last. I have turned a few consistent laps at around a tenth off my best time and most had mistakes in that cost a couple of tenths, so I should be able to beat this lap I think.:)

Failing to calibrate, someone else reckoned opening it up to check the mounts are in the right place (it sounds like that tbh), but I don't want to void the warranty and I'd rather check and see how Logitech respond. Other niggle or two with the wheel so wouldn't mind a replacement.

Not the best build quality for the money they are.

The only trouble at the moment for me, are the 2nd & Lesmo section. Seem to be losing at least .3 in that area somewhere:( Not to worry, I have a week to find it :P

Last edited:
T1: 31.436
T2: 37.954

Promptly gave it all back in asari, starting to wonder if there's an oil slick there on my track ;)

Ran a few laps in the afternoon, no clean splits to speak of yet. I seem seem to be having lots of trouble with the last turn. Can't seem to find a good line or even be consistent. Is it better to stay tight inside, follow the tire marks, the driving line or make it up as I go? : odd:
So far for me, I've been fastest when I enter tight just outside the rumbles and almost right away back to full throttle following the tire marks out wide. Could just be that I managed to hit my braking spot better on that lap though...

Poorly G27. 👎

Uh-oh... seems to be a problem with the G series innards for such an expensive wheel.

My G25 pedals are just about goosed - awaiting delivery of Fanatec Clubsports.... hopefully in time to run this with them. :)

Nice splits so far chaps. :cheers:

Back