GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 18 : In the Mood for Some Italian

• Thread starter EDK
  • 260 comments
Uh-oh... seems to be a problem with the G series innards for such an expensive wheel.

My G25 pedals are just about goosed - awaiting delivery of Fanatec Clubsports.... hopefully in time to run this with them. :)

Nice splits so far chaps. :cheers:

It's ridiculous, really. It doesn't feel as though the G27 had much extensive testing.

If I could, I'd go Fanatec, but a) that's a lot more money and b) I've only just spent a lot of money on this.

I may pull the DFGT out for this and DIRT3.

It's ridiculous, really. It doesn't feel as though the G27 had much extensive testing.

If I could, I'd go Fanatec, but a) that's a lot more money and b) I've only just spent a lot of money on this.

Sorry to hear that Nigel. I've had my G25 pedals for about 3 years now and one of the potentiometers went out and had to use the clutch pento. as the brake would stick at 10% 👎 I've been looking online for a place where I can buy more pento's but no luck yet.

Jerome

Meh, it'll come to a good end at some point, just annoying. Heard mostly good things about their support though.

Have you tried asking Logitech? You might pay massively over the odds for it, though.

Splits so far:

I can vastly improve sector 1, but can never seem to get close to my best T2 split. Enough for tonight :-)

Now seeing Carrera S Wheels for 160$ USD including 6 speed shifter and pedals... I'm thinking about it. Gotta love the 11+ inch wheel size over DFGT's measly 9.

It seems yanaran has taken my T1 time :(

Not to worry, I'll just keep posting my splits with a greatly improved T3 :)

New splits.

T1: 31.444
T2: 38.168

Very happy with my final time. Still at least .1 in the lesmo, but over all, a .184 improvement at the line.

Splits so far:

T1: 31.689
T2: 38.645

Rubbish exit on at least one turn so should be able to improve T2 quite a bit (I hope). I'm having a hard time adjusting to driving with a push after primarily driving loose setup the last few weeks.

Hi guys just passed by to say hello...I have been through so many things this last 2 weeks, and now I am seeking for what can be the oportunity of my life (regarding professional life) so I will have to skip for this week maybe (not next week 19, since I bought the Ford already).
Good luck everyone and I hope to see you soon.

Sorry to hear that Nigel. I've had my G25 pedals for about 3 years now and one of the potentiometers went out and had to use the clutch pento. as the brake would stick at 10% 👎 I've been looking online for a place where I can buy more pento's but no luck yet.

Jerome

Hey Jerome,

Have you tried this place, supposedly a strait replacement so they say.

http://www.thesimshop.com/

T1: 32.321
T2: 40.146

Doubt it gets any better. :lol:

Off to work!

Last edited:
T1: 31.710
T2: 39.221

I do ok with T1, T2 I'm not sure where I'm losing all the time... still playing with the BB.

First splits
31:981
39:292

Will try again tonight, defiantly got a lot more time to gain.

Quick and simple question from a newbie (also low priority)... Why isn't the leaderboard "fetch-bot" recognizing my controller when I post my splits here? I've got the T500 RS... Do I have my sig set up wrong? All the other fields seem to be recognized.

PS> The T500 is awesome :)

First splits. It took me a while to get dialled in after the running the super gt nsx last week. Was like steering a boat at start!

T1: 31.282
T2: 38.084

I can see I'm rushing into the corners to much so hopefully I can shave T2 down.

Last edited:
Hard to nail a clean first chicane, keep getting on the green bit.

I can feel myself gradually improving, loving using a wheel!
👍 I needed a long time to get used to a wheel myself, I've been using it for 6 months now and gradually getting better at it.

T1: 31.504
T2: 37.767

Can't quite figure out how best to take the first chicane because I'm so inconsistent braking from high speed. I get a good entry maybe once every 5 laps so by the time I do I forgot what I did last time. :)

T2 seems to be almost entirely about exit from 2nd, I never seem to gain or lose more than a tenth to my ghost through Lesmo and the back straight.

Amazing T1 Rutter.... One word, how!!!

I think the key to a good T1 is all in the first corner. Don't go to deep as that will wreck your drive out. Nice and tight through the right then nial it through the left. Hope that makes some kind of sense!

Oh, hi talent wall - nice to meet you.

Not been under 1:09.7 for quite a while now, trying far too hard, getting worse, etc. Gonna leave it til the weekend >:|

I think the key to a good T1 is all in the first corner. Don't go to deep as that will wreck your drive out. Nice and tight through the right then nial it through the left. Hope that makes some kind of sense!

Yeah I'm trying to do this, I think. I'm butchering the entry though about 9/10 times, doing what seems like seconds of coasting before turning in, which is killing the sector completely.

Quick and simple question from a newbie (also low priority)... Why isn't the leaderboard "fetch-bot" recognizing my controller when I post my splits here? I've got the T500 RS... Do I have my sig set up wrong? All the other fields seem to be recognized.

PS> The T500 is awesome :)

I also have a T500, and the board knows which controller I use. I had a G27 before, and a G25 before the G27, so maybe the board still recognizes my controller from those wheels?

I'll post a link to this in the leaderboard thread for Joost to take a look at. 👍

On the board for the first time in GT5!........Not very high, but on the board.

Last edited:
I did my first 5 laps of the week, first clean lap:

Thanks to Redreevos's tip a couple weeks back, I setup the RA Menu on my controller and set the BB to 7/4. It's annoying that only a limited amount of keys are available though... I use the D-Pad to steer so I have no reverse, handbrake or horn at the moment so that I can use the RA menu correctly :lol:

Latest splits... My T1 time actually a bit slower, but much improved in T2 and much more consistent overall. I hit a few clean .5's in T1, but hard to push and keep it clean for the entire lap. I notice the end of T1 is in a braking zone so a late brake into that turn artificially props up T1 at the expense of T2... maybe that's how I hit those .5's.

T1: 31.761
T2: 38.278

Haven't messed with BB yet, left it at 5/5.

Back