GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 19 : Night Rider

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 269 comments
Great combo. With the R3 tyres, love the way it's glued to the track; no sliding around.

Seriously? I seem to be sliding all over the place! :embarrassed:

After my first session:
T1: 28.326
T2: 21.295

I realise that T1 is horrible... but at the moment I'm clueless as to why :S

Last edited:

Quite a lot of sliding here too.

Lots of threading the needle on the higher speed turns, gotta be unbelievably precise, which isn't easy with a silly control pad ;)

So, any invisible walls that needs to be looked out for?

Thanks for reminding me!

I've hit one invisible wall here a couple times racing online. There may be other ones but this is all I know of for sure:

The left wall before T2 as the road dips toward the underpass. IIRC it's just after the yellow and black striped part of the wall.

There used to be one at the bus stop at/just before T1 in GT4, but I haven't hit anything there yet....

Jerome

Woops noticed this lap was on 680bhp hope thats alright with the regs, didn't notice it had droped.

Have fun guys.

Phillip.

Yes, and if you give it an oil change, it will bump all the way up to something like 715bhp (my car is at 719bhp atm) and continue to climb from there as you do laps 👍

Jerome

Getting the hang of it.

Settings

Aero: Max/Max
Transmission: Max 211mph (all defaults)
LSD: 12/52/20 (Lower accel (middle) setting for steering wheels)
Suspension:
RH -25/-28
SR 13.5/14.7
D/D/A 8/8, 7/7, 6/6

C 2.5/2.0
T -0.05/0.10

BB 7/5

TCS 1, ABS 1, Strong Active Steering, Controller Sensitivity 1

725 rampant horse powers at 194 miles covered (~60 on this combo)

Last edited:
First decent lap... On replay I had a lot of room on almost every exit so I can do better if I can manage any car control. It's really hard to set up a few of these turns. Once I'm set up properly I can usually execute, but I can't always get the car in position and go fast.

T1: 28.091
T2: 21.694

I'm glad they've decided to give us R3's!

I could sure use R4s for this one :)

T1: 28.192
T2: 21.534

My dad was hoping that there would be another off roader next week, I think he is finally ready to put in some time again on the combos after all of the sadness he has been going through. 👍

Good to see you back Little - give our regards to your Dad 👍

Nice splits Matt - some very fast times going in already. Going to be the end of the week again before I hit the track 👎

:cheers:

Last edited:
After running some practice laps to figure out the track and car.

T1: 27.758
T2: 21.062

Running default settings because I always seem to mess up the car if I adjust something.

Here are my splits from when I was testing, about 30 min in. I think I just maxxed the aero and lowered the height to near the bottom, set the top speed to I think 211 so it peaks just as you enter the tunnel:

I think the more you drive it the more HP you get, I don't know the limit yet, but mine is 719HP....

27.762 (loads of time in there somewhere, hehe)

Jerome

some fun and intense laps! but i can sense some tokyo-esque frustration coming...

Last edited:
I took the plunge and bought the car last night and ran a few laps. Couldn't even break 50sec at T2:grumpy:. Will have another dig tonight with Millross' setup.
Then possibly send out a search party for some of the apexes:idea:.

About 100 miles on it now. :)

BB 5/4 might switch to 5/5 ABS 1
Working on a tune yet, it seems each corner likes a different setup than the rest.:scared:

This car is a monster, I love it.

Last edited:
I really can't get enough of this car, it's fantastic to drive.
Thanks for the set up tip millross. It's the only one I have found that works and has taken just over 2 secs off my total time after just 20 laps.

T1 - 27.715
T2 - 21.343

Hope to get some more time tomorrow.

My first GT5 wrs! I actually had a lap for week 1, but then my internet down, then I had exams blah blah. A pretty tough combo to come back to from GT5P, but the car really suits the track.

Haven't really done anything to the suspension (yet), but I did do a bit of work with the gears. About 20 laps:

I'll be back with a proper tune! :D

My first very untidy attempted laps.
T1: 30.640
T2: 23.070
Lots more learning and trimming to come yet!
Cheers All !!!

My first GT5 wrs! I actually had a lap for week 1, but then my internet down, then I had exams blah blah. A pretty tough combo to come back to from GT5P, but the car really suits the track.

Haven't really done anything to the suspension (yet), but I did do a bit of work with the gears. About 20 laps:

I'll be back with a proper tune! :D
An alien on a city track? :dopey:

First go

U-turn in T2 is very tricky, is there some snow that I don't see?

So it's better to brake early? I'm losing alot of time there

Yes brake early and take it tight. You need to be left and its a tough spot for oversteer on exit. Really hard corner.

First try, about 15 laps:

T1: 29.217
T2: 22.536

This car is fast and also a lot of fast splits on the board already :scared:

T1: 28.356
T2: 22.076

started with the setup that was posted earlier.... WAY WAY wrong for me. :-) I tightened it up big time and it is much more stable now. Tomorrow I'll make a run for the podium.

Back