GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 19 : Night Rider

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 269 comments
New Splits:

ABS settled at 1 - 5/4
Rest of tune in trial, a little understeery for me yet.

Hey, everyone went quicker while I went for a nap... :sly:

My Clubsport Pedals arrived today :D... man, there's a piece of hardware - they weigh a ton. Big chunks of machined aluminium. Very different from my G25 pedals... very different. First 5 laps tonight, I couldn't get round a full lap. Then it started to switch on and make progress...

Oh I likee... lots of progress to be made when I've got used to these properly. :) Not had a chance to work on a setup yet... thought I'd wait for my new pedals but tomorrow's session I'll fiddle and work something out.

Fantastic car to thread the needle with. 👍

Splits from a short session last night (15 laps) - man, this thing has some 'go' to it :cool: Still trying to find my way around and I think it's the first time I've ever used any stickier than Racing Hard tyres, so there's still huge chunks of time to be had.

Glad you like the pedals Chris 👍

First splits... Still breaking the car in! Really fun combo this week guys - thanks!

T1: 28.530
T2: 21.970

I roll off as soon as I see a few of the tunnel lights, aim for the inside and slam on the brakes while downshifting like a maniac..seems to run me a little wide into the paint, but then I can get on the gas and bring it back to the inside wall through the turn..

I can't figure out what's fastest through the first turn...

There's only 5 people faster than you in that sector Dominic, and two of those are within a tenth, so I'm not sure what response you are expecting :sly:

For what it's worth, I close my eyes and hope for the best :lol:

EDIT: It's just occurred to me that as we are on R3 tyres this week, next week we might be on N1's :scared:

Last edited:
was just about to give up on this as i was a good 5 seconds of the pace at sector 2. but then i decided to give it a go with the tune millross sugested and these are the spilts i came up with.

27:991
21:650

and that was with a horrible hairpin, so cheers millross 👍

T1: 27.758
T2: 21.062

T1: 27.174
T2: 20.829

The WRS is going to be alot of fun! Now I have to go find 0.700 of a second somewhere:ouch:

There's only 5 people faster than you in that sector Dominic, and two of those are within a tenth, so I'm not sure what response you are expecting :sly:

For what it's worth, I close my eyes and hope for the best :lol:

EDIT: It's just occurred to me that as we are on R3 tyres this week, next week we might be on N1's :scared:
Pretty much, can't tell how far to swing out, and being patient for the exit, to set up next two corners.

New Splits. Have done T2 about 0.3 quicker, but can't string the two together.

T1: 27.829
T2: 21.691

got this sorted out so far...

50/70

Top Speed: 186/214

17 / 15 / 11

BB 5/4 ABS 1

Not much made up in the first two sectors but seem to have a quicker lap. Not really sure where as my final sector is a little ugly.

T1: 27.617
T2: 21.351

This is by far my favorite combo. Love the track and really love the car and on R3 it's fantastic together.

Cheers All.

First splits. Took some time for Bob to break in this lovely car, now at 727bhp.

T1 was all over the place but still ok. T2 clearly needs some work. And when only one in twenty laps are clean that means a lot of work :)

Here is my tune:

Aero: Max

Tranny - close gearing to stay within 6-7000 rpm:
2: 2.300
3: 1.700
4: 1.300
5: 1.050
6: 0.890
Max speed: 350 km/h

LSD:
Init: 5
Acc: 20
Brake: 10

Suspension: I know close to nothing about this, just lowered and stiffened, front a little harder than rear:
Height -25/-30
Springs 10.7/12.8
DE 7/9
DC 7/9
RB 5/7
Camber 2.0/1.8
Toe -0.05/0.00

Brakes: 5/3 ABS=1

The key is managing lift-off oversteer. So useful in almost every corner, but you can have too much of it.

LSD brake-sens is pretty much a dial for lift-off oversteer, higher value = more understeer = less oversteer. 10 is probably too loose (too much oversteer).

3rd time this has happened now, I do 1 lap and just before the start/finish Gt5 freezes 👎 I managed to do 30+ laps yesterday then ever since then it's been freezing. Fun times.

3rd time this has happened now, I do 1 lap and just before the start/finish Gt5 freezes 👎 I managed to do 30+ laps yesterday then ever since then it's been freezing. Fun times.

its your ghost replay, use another one and it will fix the problem.

T1: 28.136
T2: 22.076

might be in trouble, my brake is acting up, I'll be going down the straight and my foot not even on the brake, but I can hear my car slow down and the brake instrument shows it is being pushed down a little bit.....

might be in trouble, my brake is acting up, I'll be going down the straight and my foot not even on the brake, but I can hear my car slow down and the brake instrument shows it is being pushed down a little bit.....

mine is doing something similar, when i'm on the menu system it will randomly make the noise as if i've pressed circle, not noticed it do it whilst driving though.

Happens to most people's after a while. I'm having the same problem at the minute. A short-term fix for it is stamping hard on the brake pedal 3 or 4 times in succession. That will stop it for a short while, or at least it does for me. It could go for 2 weeks without it flickering again but sometimes it come back within 15 minutes.

Still need a good tune for this car. :ouch:

New splits :P, but compared to Adam I am a tortise specially T1.

T1: 27.177
T2: 20.700

Dont have anymore time this week :(.

EDIT: Typo :lol:

Last edited:
New splits :P, but compared to Adam I am a tortise specially T1.

T1: 21.177
T2: 20.700

Dont have anymore time this week :(.

Bulldozing the tunnel out of the way and heading straight to turn 4 isn't allowed as per the rules!!! :crazy:

I have added the rigidity improvement, anyone got an opinion on that? I think it feels a bit heavier, but also better perhaps.

I have added the rigidity improvement, anyone got an opinion on that? I think it feels a bit heavier, but also better perhaps.

So long as understeer isn't a problem is should help... I think, I have it.

Back