GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 20 : BEC at Suzuka

Thank you both Marijn and CSL (your name is my GT4 favorite car). I must have sounded like a rookie :dopey:

No, just glad to have you on board mate 👍

My improved splits, although T2 is messy, it's still my fastest lap time:

1'01.204

Nice to see you back, Lefty! 👍

Thanks G :)
They say that time is the only thing that heals the deepest wounds and there is a lot of truth to that. If I can just keep my mind on the challenge at hand I might do ok.

T1: 1:01.673
T2: 50.810

Doh! I somehow thought only the power was stock, I reduced the weight also... Now I need a new car and I feel slow lol.

Edit: New splits, not as good as when I had full weight reduction, but I was able to come really close to matching my time with the weight reduction. Still more time to come off, totally messed up the hairpin.

1'00.852

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the wrs, and figured i should start earlier rather than miss the weekly deadline (again :grumpy: - 4.7 mil for 3 cars I haven't even driven yet - ouch).

Anyway, I've managed these times so far (bhp is only at 176 after about 12 laps, all allowable upgrades installed + oil change, but left at stock settings):

T1: 1'01.519
T2: 51.057

Waaayy too tired to keep driving this car tonight...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the wrs, and figured i should start earlier rather than miss the weekly deadline (again :grumpy: - 4.7 mil for 3 cars I haven't even driven yet - ouch).

Anyway, I've managed these times so far (bhp is only at 176 after about 12 laps, all allowable upgrades installed + oil change, but left at stock settings):

T1: 101.519

Welcome, hope you enjoy it. 👍

It'll probably be a couple days before I get to really start this one, made some other GT5 commitments I need to follow through with first. Then I'll be onto this one.

Hi everyone,

T1: 101.519

Welcome friend - it seems that your T1 time needs a minor edit with an apostrophe between the one and the zero. Without it, you are leading the field by 57 seconds at T2 :drool: :)

Details here...

It'll probably be a couple days before I get to really start this one, made some other GT5 commitments I need to follow through with first. Then I'll be onto this one.
Take your time.:sly:

First splits after 55mi, twitchy little BEC (24hrs and I finally get the acronym):

1'01.656

Wife is out of town Thursday night, so I'll probably have these splits till then.

First splits after 55mi, twitchy little BEC (24hrs and I finally get the acronym):

1'01.656

Wife is out of town Thursday night, so I'll probably have these splits till then.
Bike Engine Car? If I'm right, I only just got it too. 💡

Going to give this a shot, sounds fun!

EDIT: Have to do the Registry first, my bad.

5 Laps

1:01.165

Rolled a quick setup as stock didn't feel so good.

"Welcome friend - it seems that your T1 time needs a minor edit with an apostrophe between the one and the zero. Without it, you are leading the field by 57 seconds at T2 :drool: :)"

Thanks for the welcome(s) guys.
And thanks to J B for fixing my post.
I spun the BEC so much it must have shaken the apostrophe loose :dunce:.

Last edited:
Installed transmission, clutch and suspensions. Haven't added LSD. I put some camber on the wheels and lowered it to the ground but that's it so far.

T1: 1'00.379
T2: 50.398

Messed with the suspension and lsd some, haven't touched gearing yet though.
Definitely have a bunch of room for improvement.
Watched my replay, real sloppy in a couple areas.

T1: 1'01.518
T2: 51.103

Last edited:
Ok. First 10 laps. (well, 3 laps, then "damn that's a lot of oversteer", then the rest with a proper setup!)

T1: 1'00.019
T2: 0'50.519

T1: 0'59.943
T2: 0'49.965

Last edited:
1:00.902

How in all of everything are people getting sub-minute sector 1s? I must be on the wrong tyres!!! :D

Nope. No AERO parts allowed. I don't see it in the OP, but Joost clarified lower on page 1.

First splits.. My own poor tune.

T1: 1'03.804
T2: 51.930

This car is just like the DP4! Pretty fun once you can get it to come alive..

Nice improvement in T1, but .4 slower in T2. 👎

Looking at the HP/torque curve, I figured it was probably best to short-shift
just after 10K rpm instead of waiting for redline, and this seemed to gain a few
hundredths in the straights...

1'00.974

Replay looked really conservative, which is the opposite of how it felt in real-time. :dunce:

Can't wait for someone who knows what they're doing to post a tune! :sly:

T1: 1'02.733
T2: 51.797

very nice car this is. very good drifter.
hopefully going to improve on the times.

Back