GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 20 : BEC at Suzuka

Welcome to the fun house. 👍

The bike was worse than me I'll post it the bike section, (It's only a Mito) I expect to see yor RSV there to lol.

Can't believe how lol I've been away from the WRS, It's going to take some getting back into.

Glad to hear your OK, bike parts are easy to replace, body parts are another story.

Didn't know there was a bike section here, I'll have to check it out.:dunce:

I'll post the link on your page mate.

Updated splits.
T1 1:01.271
T2 0:51.522

I'll post the link on your page mate.

Updated splits.
T1 1:01.271
T2 0:51.522

I edited my prior post, I meant to say, "wasn't too serious" concerning your accident, I think you knew what I meant.:dunce:

Hey guys not been around in months due to a seriously heavy work load & sorting my bike out after my accident.

HAY M8t :), it sure is nice to see your alright, I was wondering what was going on w/ your reality? A great smile maker :)

Well I finally made it around the track without spinning out the rear end.:)

My early splits-👎
T1, 1:03.030
T2, 0:51.875

Lots more laps ahead for me (where's my racing gloves, I see blisters in my near future):sly:

The say that it’s better to give then receive so here is a wild handling tweek that seems really stable.

Transmission:
148 mph

LSD:

SUSPENSION
CAM
1.5, 5.0
TOE
.10 /.50
RH
-.20 /-15
SR
6.5 /5.5
EX
2 / 6
COM
2 / 2
A-R Bs
4 / 4

BRAKES
5 / 4

TC
ABS

Small improvement, need to take a break for awhile. I'm getting frustrated, going to break something soon.:ouch:

T1, 1:02.436
T2, 0:51.875 (identical to my previous best slow lap to the .000 of a second)

Now theirs consistency for ya!!!:)

How close is that top3(0.006sec) :scared:

I just hope the final times will be just as close come monday :crazy:

Wayne

Last edited:
Yeah. You're 1 thousandth faster after almost 2 minutes! The final "unknown" sector always shakes it around a bit though.

Would i be able to compete in this now i have submitted my qualifier time? looks quite a good combo

Just tried Lefty's setup, gained 8 tenths total right away. I just changed the brake balance a little to suit my heavy left foot. Car is more stable into the corners and doesn't push as much exiting.

Thanks LeftyWright69.👍

I still need lots more lap time, losing a lot in T1.

Had a go last night and found it very frustrating. Still going round in circles on set-up but came up with this to get the ball rolling...

1'00.637

T1: 1'00.213
T2: 50.093

Going away for a week tomorrow so this will probably be my last try at this. Made a mess of the final chicane but it will have to do. :)

Would i be able to compete in this now i have submitted my qualifier time? looks quite a good combo
If you just submitted you won't show on the board, and probably won't have your qualifier processed in time to be in the results, but you're always welcome to run alongside and compare your times to see how you're doing in the meantime. 👍

Back from my trip and decided to get a little WRS action in. Nice choice on the combo, have liked this car since GT4. 👍 And nice to be back at Suz after a very long and very needed break, understanding this track was host to around 30% of Prologue WRS races.

Did a session to tune yesterday, then tweaked it today and started putting down the laps. Ended up with these -

1:00.565

My tune -

Added all allowed parts.

RH -5/-20
Springs 6.0/15.5
Damp Ext 3/10
Damp Comp 3/10
ARB 6/7
Camber 2.0/1.2
Toe 0/0

LSD 9/35/20

Brakes 8/2

Gears

5327 Final

Top speed in top box = 150 MPH. Shifting right at redline.

EDIT - Try my tune at your own risk. ;)

I attempted to give it controllable throttle off oversteer, while tightening it up overall. You will need to ease your way off the brakes going into the highest speed corners, most notably turn 1 and spoon curve. If you release the brakes too quickly, you might find yourself facing the wrong way. :P

Last edited:
Welcome back Kevin!

I'll be trying both your tune and Lefty's in a few short hours! :cheers:

New splits, watching the replay T1 looks pretty messy :lol:. Saw one .7 T1 so should be able to improve :).

Mutch better at the line shaved off 0.3sec.

T1: 59.880
T2: 49.948

Welcome back Kev... seems your holiday has made you either brave or mad :P - that setup is crazy :scared: 👍

Here's my effort at controlling the oversteer:

LSD:
10/25/27

Suspension:
-20/-9
9.9/10.9
4/5
4/5
4/4
2.0/2.0
0.00/0.10

Transmission:
149mph Max then adjust -
3rd 2203
4th 1726
5th 1413

Brakes:
7/3
ABS 1

Took about 2 hours solid running and fiddling to get to here and yielded:

Some tidying up needed, particularly at Spoon... but quite happy thus far. I love Suzuka and revving the nads off this little rocket. Top combo 👍

EDK
My tune -

Added all allowed parts.

RH -5/-20
Springs 6.0/15.5
Damp Ext 3/10
Damp Comp 3/10
ARB 6/7
Camber 2.0/1.2
Toe 0/0

Was about to cave in utter frustration, then I saw Kevin's suspension setup and thought "That has to be a typo. -5/-20??? 15.5 in the rear? Is Kevin still on vacation? Did he need a longer vacation??"
So I tried it, because what I considered a "normal" setup just wasn't working. At all. :ouch:
Ran 10 laps in a row - no spin, no major problems. And shaved 1.9 seconds off my best lap. The biggest improvement by far was in t3. (flew threw spoon! :dopey:)

Splits are still weak though, but I can't thank you enough for saving what's left of my sanity.

T1: 1'01.257
T2: 51.219

Is this car that weirdly balanced that it needs such a drastic suspension setup? I would never have thought of trying that.

- EDK's suspension settings adjusted for me -
rh -15/-20
sr 6.5/14.2
ext 5/9
com 3/8
arb 6/6

camber 1.6/2.9
toe 0.07/0.17

Last edited:
Was about to cave in utter frustration, then I saw Kevin's suspension setup and thought "That has to be a typo. -5/-20??? 15.5 in the rear? Is Kevin still on vacation? Did he need a longer vacation??"
So I tried it, because what I considered a "normal" setup just wasn't working. At all. :ouch:
Ran 10 laps in a row - no spin, no major problems. And shaved 1.9 seconds off my best lap. The biggest improvement by far was in t3. (flew threw spoon! :dopey:)

Splits are still weak though, but I can't thank you enough for saving what's left of my sanity.

Is this car that weirdly balanced that it needs such a drastic suspension setup? I would never have thought of trying that.

:lol: I think I actually needed the vacation to strip away conventional thinking. ;)

When setting up the tune, I wanted the car to be as stiff as possible, especially considering how light it is. So I started playing around with extremes in the setup. And then tweaked one end of the car or the other to get the desired feel or effect. As I said, my goal was controllable lift off oversteer, and I think I have that. Mainly to get the best run through T1.

The other thing I would suggest is to try the gears if you haven't, and make sure you shift right at redline, do not go above redline and towards the limiter. There's a considerable dropoff in power toward the redline, and toque peaks long before you're even in the powerband. This is a bike engine, after all.

I'm about to teach you guys a lesson... :lol:
Nawww, but I will be running this soon, haven't hotlapped Suzuka since GT5P, time to face my demon. :mad: :scared:

No improvement today, going to check out some of these new setups tomorrow. Have you guys installed chassis reinforcement? I'm always cautious about installing it, seems to have messed up some of my favorite cars.

Have you guys installed chassis reinforcement? I'm always cautious about installing it, seems to have messed up some of my favorite cars.

I did put it on. I normally like it when combined with a race suspension in a relatively light car, but agree that sometimes it makes the wrong changes.

I didn't install chassis reinforce yet, but I did try Kevin's cray-cray tune, and took 1sec off T2. 👍

1'00.990

More to come tonight.

T1: 1'03.538
T2: 52.837

Marginally better but still slow. I'm not getting much time on this one unfortunately; only about 20 laps done so far. If I can't find some time to get a good chunk in I may skip submitting. :sad:

Though I must add, the don't brake advice works. :D

Hi folks!

My best so far is...

T1: 1'01.158
T2: 0'51.660

That's a big PB in T1 but I immediately messed up the hairpin so there's half a sec in T2 to make up.

I'm using one of the tunes from page 1 with a couple of tweaks to the LSD.

Cheers
S

My word

cico
wanya
bugman
w-g-e
Vagabond
theewar

Only .191 between them great times you guys 👍 play nice now.

Phillip.

Back