GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 23 : HKS HSR Time Attack

• Thread starter EDK
  • 374 comments
Yeah, it's only one turn, there must be some magic somewhere.
From the last WRS week on HSR I know that the first turn is really hard to nail. At the start I was about 4 tenths slower than first place. After hours and hours of driving and tuning the gap was closed by less than a tenth. You can gain or lose so much time there.
Ok, you can't see splits for that week, but I discussed splits with CT.

Dialing ABS up to 3 was the trick that week because the car was unstable under braking, but I'm afraid it won't work this week.

Sorry, I should have tried out the combo first before commenting. For me the first corner of HSR and the first corner of Fuji are one of the most difficult first corners in the game. It's all about managing your braking. Could be easier now I have a G27 (hope it is).

Last edited:
Eek! Losing 3 tenths in one corner... and no idea how... :scared:

Might bow out of this one then. :guilty:

I like the point and shoot ones :)
T1: 27.375
T2: 19.866
Have seen quicker in both sectors, just have to put it together

After a dozen laps or so.

T1, 27.230
T2, 20.500

T2 is killing me, those S cuurvs are tough. Can't keep the car from pushing even under light throttle, how do you guys do it??

Anyone know how to shut off the ghost car, I normally push the upper Dpad button, but it's not working now. Maybe that's in GT mode only.

Edit- I had reprogramed the button for another function. Forgot all about it. Dah.

Last edited:
T1: 27.319
T2: 19.685

I only did two non redlight laps. Many times I was way ahead and then barely touched a wall. Nice thing about this track is its pretty much touch anything you redlight.

I finished 8th at HSR in TT 13 I think it was at the end of May. If those rumble moves thru the last corner are possible to do in this car Ill skip this WRS.

This car driving it normal is enjoyable tho at this track. I dont really notice understeer. Turns good enough.

I ran stock brakes 5 5 altho I think when I try again Ill set the rear higher some or lower the front some.

After a dozen laps or so.

T1, 27.230
T2, 20.500

T2 is killing me, those S cuurvs are tough. Can't keep the car from pushing even under light throttle, how do you guys do it??

Anyone know how to shut off the ghost car, I normally push the upper Dpad button, but it's not working now. Maybe that's in GT mode only.

I coast for a long time basically then floor it then coast for a long time then floor it.:)

I'm always to slow with the reaction time at HSR stupid feet :grumpy:
But I'll try again for a better T1 as this is my achilles heel at this track.

T1: 0'27.229
T2: 0'19.646

Phillip.

Top T1 Phillip lad... can I borrow it? 👍 In fact literally top T2 also 👍

Last edited:
Top T1 Phillip lad... can I borrow it? 👍 In fact literally top T1 also 👍

Thanks Chris T1 kills me same last time here with CT and Wes, same car same setup they were both two tenths quicker than me to T1. I'm just to slow onto the gas out of turn 3 just before the bridge.

Phillip.

Thanks Chris T1 kills me same last time here with CT and Wes, same car same setup they were both two tenths quicker than me to T1. I'm just to slow onto the gas out of turn 3 just before the bridge.

Phillip.
You're slow? my 27.4xx is one of my best runs through there. :scared:

I clearly don't know what I'm doing in this first turn, though it seems I'm doing well after that. :confused:

T1: 26.750
t2: 19.461

Hi!
Haven't seen you on here before.
It's been quite a while since we raced.
I do miss the old BNR shootouts on GT5P.👍

Nice to see you here.

Ran about 20 laps.
Splits:
T1: 27.271
T2: 20.102

T1: 27.148
T2: 19.827

Changed my line through turn 2 and that netted me a couple tenths over previous best run. Getting to where I want to be though.

T1: 27.071
T2: 19.685

I don't know if I can put a run together to top that one, best in all three sectors except for a couple 26.9XX T1's. T2 is very hit and miss for me, sometimes it feels fast but I lose a couple tenths over the ghost so I'm not sure what I can do to improve there. I'm looking forward to more seat time after todays runs.

Last edited:
T1 27.499
T2 20.001

Don't know if I can handle the frustration anymore...

Hi again. For sure, I am proud of that win, especially with the number of racers that week!
Does this mean we have a confirmed alien to judge our times again this week? (fingers crossed)
Some of you guys I don't recognize, so I've lost track of what's alien and not lately, makes it hard for me to judge how well I've done.
It's good to see people coming back too. 👍

T1: 26.992
T2: 19.908

Can literally see a .400 or so faster line through T2, but Turn 3 is killing me in T1.
Brake late, and try not to clip the wall seems to be working better than a tighter line for me so far.

First session splits:

I've got some work to do to find out how people are getting sub 27 at T1.

MadMax

There is your problem straight away!!

You assume they are people . . . more ALIEN like i would say!
T2 right left combo before the tunnel is killing me!!!

Thanks for the tips. ;)

Lap down 8 tenths at the line. :)

I realize now I had absolutely no idea how to drive this track, maybe I still don't, not sure about getting 7's in t1 or 4's in t2... who knows what I've left in t3.:scared:

First splits:

T1: 26.936
T2: 19.681

Wow,first time i´m really hotlaping and not restarting every 30s :crazy:

First session splits:

MadMax
The trick is apparantly staying very wide, once you cross the "apex" on the outside banking runs you in and down so while you accelerate you stay wide, but don't slam the wall.

Oh, you WILL slam the wall. :banghead:

Back