GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 24 : Running Through London Topless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 265 comments
Early splits:

Still focusing on finding the last tenth at HKS/HSR.

MadMax

When racing online in shuffle races, I think of myself as a bit of a London expert, having won every single time i've raced there by several seconds. Let's see how I do in my first WRS against the Time Trial Veterans :D Probably building myself up for a big fall :P

Been running about half an hour now just finding the braking and turn in points for the car, but the game just crashed as I went over the line on a clean/hot lap :grumpy: So I had to reset :( But I did save a previous replay which i've just looked up the split times for;

T1: 14.115
T2: 15.524

Not 100% happy with either of these, but my best so far.

As it's my first WRS and my first experience running time trials properly, can somebody tell me if theres a fix for it freezing as you cross the line? It's very conveniently right around when you need to shift up and I keep missing 4th :indiff: I turned off the ghost and that seems to have helped slightly, but it's still a problem.

EDIT: And i'm right in thinking you can compete once you have submitted the qualifier, you don't have to wait for it to be approved?

EDIT: And i'm right in thinking you can compete once you have submitted the qualifier, you don't have to wait for it to be approved?
You can compete, but your time won't be included in the results.

T1: 14.063
T2: 15.302

Very good tires for this car. Maybe hard is better but ok.👍

Keep walking.:)

Last edited:
Update:
T1: 13.900
T2: 15.452

Haven't figured out T2 yet.

First attempt at this nice combo. Thanks Kevin 👍

Two questions.

1. How change the break balance?

2. Why my time not show in leaderboard?

1. I've kept the BB at 5 5, might not be the best choice.

2. Remove the S1 and S2 in front of your times, or change to T1 and T2.

Thank you. But for break balance i ask where you change it?

You have to program the RA Menu into your wheel or seperate controller. Go to the options menu to do this and customize the button layout, setting one to bring up the menu, two buttons to scroll, and two to adjust. Once you are on the track press whatever button you set to bring it up and adjust from there.

New splits:
T1: 13.853
T2: 15.281

This could well be my submitting time. It's going to be close again Twissy.

Wes....what the.... seriously. How can you do T2 that fast - it's so narrow and well...I've toiled over about 50 laps just to get these splits

This was a decent lap overall - I know the overall time I want though and it's gonna require better than this....

I literally have no idea how to get 15.5 or better for T2, both the left/right flick and then the right-hander afterwards are pretty tough to get right, I seem to take way to much curb on the exit of turn 3 (or 4..?) and hit the left wall about 6 times out of 10. This track has way too much curbage!

Wes....what the.... seriously. How can you do T2 that fast - it's so narrow and well...I've toiled over about 50 laps just to get these splits

This was a decent lap overall - I know the overall time I want though and it's gonna require better than this....

I literally have no idea how to get 15.5 or better for T2, both the left/right flick and then the right-hander afterwards are pretty tough to get right, I seem to take way to much curb on the exit of turn 3 (or 4..?) and hit the left wall about 6 times out of 10. This track has way too much curbage!
Turn 3 is hard to get right. It's all about lining up for that turn. Turn 4 you have to take as much speed as possible into that corner. Try te keep the car stable so that it doesn't lose too much speed. Take it in 3rd.

That's all advice I can give. May not be too helpful for you. I think half or all of that you already know.

Had a quick 15 with the DS3 and dropped off a second at the line.

T1: 14.270
T2: 16.036

Starting to the the hang of the car but that first gentle right in T2 is killing me and the paintwork. :crazy: Gonna switch back to the DFGT for my next run and see if I can apply my learning. 👍

Quick check, am I correct in thinking that I can be completely up on the sidewalk area in say turn 1 or the 90s in T3 and still be clean?

All hard surfaces are track DB. Just avoid the walls.

Update:

Target time acquired! Now for the hundredths :-D

Did a quick 30 lap session just to get a starting time on the board.
That slight 'S' corner in the beginning of T2 is going to be the death of me on this one.

T1: 14.149
T2: 15.884

Every time a new combo starts, I begin with it and like it. I learn to know the car and track pretty fast in my opinion.
The second day I try to break my lap record and I'm way behind. Between .5 and 1 sec. Very frustrating :banghead:.
I try to learn it turn by turn so I can get the most of it, but no matter what I try, I don't seem to get even close to my lap record.
Monday and tuesday are the worst :mad:

All hard surfaces are track DB. Just avoid the walls.

Good. Just making sure. :dopey:

Any opinion yet on the 90s in T3? The left is my concern at the moment. Should I come back all the way right before the turn or are the tire marks toward the middle a better line? :dunce:

Good. Just making sure. :dopey:

Any opinion yet on the 90s in T3? The left is my concern at the moment. Should I come back all the way right before the turn or are the tire marks toward the middle a better line? :dunce:
I don't think all the way to the right is the fastest line. I choose a line somewhere in the middle, slightly towards the left sometimes.

Ok but i have a question again. Why GTP_AtomicZombie show div ? on leaderboard? Same thing with me possible?

Ok but i have a question again. Why GTP_AtomicZombie show div ? on leaderboard? Same thing with me possible?
If you click on his name, you'll see that he has participated in several weeks. If you then click on one of the results you'll see that he is in division 2 silver.

Sometimes the leaderboard has a glitch or bug. This is one of them.

Back