GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 24 : Running Through London Topless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 265 comments
Every time a new combo starts, I begin with it and like it. I learn to know the car and track pretty fast in my opinion.
The second day I try to break my lap record and I'm way behind. Between .5 and 1 sec. Very frustrating :banghead:.
I try to learn it turn by turn so I can get the most of it, but no matter what I try, I don't seem to get even close to my lap record.
Monday and tuesday are the worst :mad:
I would say make your first session shorter. I've found recently the harder I push on the first run, the less likely I am to continue, it can be pushed past, but it's a frustrating way to go, which is why I like to start early, so I don't shoot to high early on.

Good. Just making sure. :dopey:

Any opinion yet on the 90s in T3? The left is my concern at the moment. Should I come back all the way right before the turn or are the tire marks toward the middle a better line? :dunce:
If it's a really close call to decide where to enter a turn, like the esses on HSR, I've found it's more important to nail a line than to drive a specific line. The different lines will only gain small advantages in time, so rather than focusing on exactly the fastest path, make sure you're taking some line as fast as possible.

Last edited:
Good. Just making sure. :dopey:

Any opinion yet on the 90s in T3? The left is my concern at the moment. Should I come back all the way right before the turn or are the tire marks toward the middle a better line? :dunce:

In general, at this track, it's actually more important to carry the speed out of the prior right hand turn than it is to maximize your speed in that next left. I normally try to get the car out to the right as far as I can, without sacrificing too much of the speed I carried through from T2.

Think about it, you're only on the throttle for a blip, then you have to back off again for the next, VERY important turn that leads to one of the longest full throttle sections on the track.

Main thing is to take a line that lets you effectively set up for that right hand 90 degree, and you DO want to get all the way to the left without hitting the wall, take a lot of curb, and get the throttle down early for that one.

Thanks for the tips. After my increased performance the last couple weeks I find myself analyzing much more than I used to, probably too much. Looking for that next jump and I think finding what the important corners are will be it. As always, appreciate the education. 👍

This will be one of those weeks for me.
Ran the leaning curve laps last night and posted the times to see where it would put me . .
No surprise to me, i am last!
I knew my second sector was bad but i didnt think it was THAT bad!
Happily, it's early days yet, lots of time for a second look, and a third and forth . . . .
Cheers All !!!

T1: 14.078
T2: 15.852

Looks like I might go back to the DS3 this week. Had about 30 laps on the wheel and came close but couldn't catch myself. Switched over and set 2 PBs in as many laps. Seems I just can't catch the Tamora well enough when I need to. I'll keep trying but I think my DS3 time will end up stronger this week.

T1: 14.078
T2: 15.852

Looks like I might go back to the DS3 this week. Had about 30 laps on the wheel and came close but couldn't catch myself. Switched over and set 2 PBs in as many laps. Seems I just can't catch the Tamora well enough when I need to. I'll keep trying but I think my DS3 time will end up stronger this week.

Nice early splits.👍
You should slow it down a bit.:lol:

Nice early splits.👍
You should slow it down a bit.:lol:

Thanks! :sly: Don't let it fool you though. My T3 sinks to the high heavens and should firmly put me at the bottom. :yuck:

London-3-1.jpg

Close enough?:scared:

Haven't done anything with the picture as you can see. I would only make it worse.:dopey:

Last edited:
Close enough.:scared:

Haven't done anything with the picture as you can see. I would only make it worse.:dopey:

I had one like that on one of my attempts.
Smashed my T1 and T2 and overall by a bunch.

Went to review the replay and at the spot I was that close I had heard the softest wall rub ever.
Pulled out the data analyzer and sure 'nuff, there appeared the momentary speed drop.:mad:

Now I hope to be able to do a lap like that only clean this time.:nervous:

Kudos to you if it was a clean and fast lap.
Bet it had ya a little nervous.

I had one like that on one of my attempts.
Smashed my T1 and T2 and overall by a bunch.

Went to review the replay and at the spot I was that close I had heard the softest wall rub ever.
Pulled out the data analyzer and sure 'nuff, there appeared the momentary speed drop.:mad:

Now I hope to be able to do a lap like that only clean this time.:nervous:

Kudos to you if it was a clean and fast lap.
Bet it had ya a little nervous.
I'll try to get a clearer angle.

Yes, it is my fastest lap with splits on the board.

Edited my previous post with a better picture. I think it's the closest I can get.

Last edited:
is there a way to setup the g27 so you can adjust brake bias and abs on the track? I know you can adjust abs in the settings.

any other settings or changes I need to make? I turned FFB all the way to 10.

I'll try to get a clearer angle.

Yes, it is my fastest lap with splits on the board.

Edited my previous post with a better picture. I think it's the closest I can get.

Just check to see if there is an invisible wall there. I don't think there is, but better to be safe.

I suggest driving the nose of the car directly into that wall (slowly), and then view the replay to see if a gap remains when you know you are parked directly into the wall.

is there a way to setup the g27 so you can adjust brake bias and abs on the track? I know you can adjust abs in the settings.

Yes there is, I use the G27 also, you cant adjust the brake balance on the G27 wheel which is abit of a chore but I set the controller up so I can change the brake balance once on track. (ive just read that back and is completely not what you were asking):dunce:

Last edited:
I just did two fast times, both identical and both in the same session.

One was completely clean, the other one I tapped the wall on the exit of turn 3.

Guess which one it saved when I asked it to save the best lap replay :yuck: I exited of course, not realising they were identical, and now it's lost.

10 seems like overkill. I was using 5 with the G27. You'll probably wear your motors more quickly with that setting, without anything else to move up to.

I always used the DS3 to change the RA functions. Just stop on track at the start of a session, and make the adjustments. They remain in place until you completely exit the session (out past the replay save screen).

With DS3, you just need to map it, and then use the XMB (held down) to change the Controller assignment to #1.

EDK
Just check to see if there is an invisible wall there. I don't think there is, but better to be safe.

I suggest driving the nose of the car directly into that wall (slowly), and then view the replay to see if a gap remains when you know you are parked directly into the wall.
I've taken the pictures on the place I'm most likely to be closest to the wall. One picture behind the shadow and one picture in front of the shadow.

London_1-1.jpg

London_2.jpg

I also tried your method, but that didn't work out so well:

London_3.jpg

Last edited:

London_3.jpg

My method didn't work out so well if you are hoping like hell that it's clean. ;)

The picture is not the only thing that will be reviewed, obviously. Have a look at the data logger, listen for the sound of a wall touch.

And if you are not 100% sure that it's clean, consider it dirty..........

EDK
My method didn't work out so well if you are hoping like hell that it's clean. ;)

The picture is not the only thing that will be reviewed, obviously. Have a look at the data logger, listen for the sound of a wall touch.

And if you are not 100% sure that it's clean, consider it dirty..........
:nervous: These pictures tell me I'm clean, don't they?

I can't consider this dirty. On how many occasions do I have the chance to be in front of an alien?

Apologies Wes, I thought you already were an alien. :sly:

Last night running this combo, I came up with splits that'll put me at the bottom of the LB, so I'll wait until I can do better. :dunce: But for some reason I was strongly reminded of the risk-vs-reward in the turns, that I felt back on Cote d'Azur in the WRC Focus...

But this is a fun one, for sure. Wasn't the Prologue London track a little different? I seem to remember a roundabout in GT5P that seems bypassed in the GT5 version...

Apologies Wes, I thought you already were an alien. :sly:

Last night running this combo, I came up with splits that'll put me at the bottom of the LB, so I'll wait until I can do better. :dunce: But for some reason I was strongly reminded of the risk-vs-reward in the turns, that I felt back on Cote d'Azur in the WRC Focus...

But this is a fun one, for sure. Wasn't the Prologue London track a little different? I seem to remember a roundabout in GT5P that seems bypassed in the GT5 version...
Maybe you're thinking of the reverse version of the track.

:nervous: These pictures tell me I'm clean, don't they?

I can't consider this dirty. On how many occasions do I have the chance to be in front of an alien?

I would not certify you as clean without looking at the replay myself.

I would say that based on the first pics and your gap from the wall, and your follow up pics from the same angle without the gap, it LOOKS like you are clean.

But if you look at the gap between the nose of the car and the wall in the pic I suggested, that causes some doubt to enter, since there looks to be an invisiwall, and it looks to be at about the same distance you were from the wall in your first pics.

Seeing the replay live, from both angles, with sound, and the data logger would give me more to work from. I'm not asking you to send that now, just for you to make sure you've done all of that work before stamping this as clean.

Layout is exactly the same. Only major difference that I can see is the gigantic rumble strip on track side left at the roundy round turn just before T2.

I also think they might have gotten rid of some of the wrought iron fencing on the left side of Piccadilly circle, but I'm not 100% on that.

I've taken the pictures on the place I'm most likely to be closest to the wall. One picture behind the shadow and one picture in front of the shadow.

London_1-1.jpg

London_2.jpg

London_3.jpg
I would expect it to be very obvious if you touch the wall on the inside, no?

I would expect it to be very obvious if you touch the wall on the inside, no?
These pictures are just to check if there is an invisible wall or not.
Sorry if I don't quite understand your post.
EDK
Seeing the replay live, from both angles, with sound, and the data logger would give me more to work from. I'm not asking you to send that now, just for you to make sure you've done all of that work before stamping this as clean.
The problem with that is that you have the NTSC version of the game and I have the PAL version of the game.
I don't have any equipment to record my lap by the way.

Last edited:
Alright, sorry for the digression in the middle of the clean-vs-dirty discussion. :dopey:

For reference:

picture.php

Not sure why I thought Trafalgar Square's roundabout was part of the track. :dunce: Must be confusing it with Madrid, or something.

These pictures are just to check if there is an invisible wall or not.

Sorry if I don't quite understand your post.

I'm saying I think it will be fairly easy to tell if you hit the inside wall of corner.

I'm saying I think it will be fairly easy to tell if you hit the inside wall of corner.
Please tell me how, because I don't know. And surely it wouldn't work for an invisible wall?

An hour and a half in and I manage this...

Shame I messed T3 up though. Used TCS=1.

Back