GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 24 : Running Through London Topless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 265 comments
The problem with that is that you have the NTSC version of the game and I have the PAL version of the game.
I don't have any equipment to record my lap by the way.

Right, but we have an entire staff of race admins, and some have PAL. ;)

Another option is to send it to someone else that you trust who has PAL for a second opinion.

I just can't be put in the position of telling you the replay is clean based on photos alone, only to find out there was something I missed since I did not view the replay.

EDIT: Thanks w-g-e a few beers don't mix well with having a bunch of subscribed threads.

Last edited:

Here is my NTSC replay.
Had a couple close calls that made me pull out the data analyzer.
But I believe it's all good.
You're in the wrong thread. Get out of here!:sly:

OK, let's get this thing rolling...

Love TVRs, hate Armco.... :)

Wes, you're insane 👍

First Splits.:)

I am way off the pace in T2 at the moment so I have a long way to go before I'm happy with it, I can do a 14.0xx T1 though so that's ok at least.:indiff:

OK, let's get this thing rolling...

Love TVRs, hate Armco.... :)

Wes, you're insane 👍
I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

You're not far off. Risky giving you the replay.

I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

You're not far off. Risky giving you the replay.

It is a compliment mate 👍

:sly:

Yeah, that'll probably be me for the week though... give a take a tenth. That advantage you have in sector 2 is huge. I'm just not that brave when it comes to barriers - no patience for constant invalid laps.

It is a compliment mate 👍

:sly:

Yeah, that'll probably be me for the week though... give a take a tenth. That advantage you have in sector 2 is huge. I'm just not that brave when it comes to barriers - no patience for constant invalid laps.
I think it's strange you have more patience at HSR than here. Different people different minds I guess.

Very funny thing is sector 1 and 2 is little distance. Other part of track is very difficult and don't know if i fast or slow :confused:

Very funny thing is sector 1 and 2 is little distance. Other part of track is very difficult and don't know if i fast or slow :confused:

The last sector here is VERY important, and always determined who did well in past TT's here. The last 2 corners in particular (right 90 degree and then final chicane) will make or break your lap.

I think it's strange you have more patience at HSR than here. Different people different minds I guess.

I find HSR easier to be smooth - its an easy course on the nerves too but I still gave up trying to chase my last tenth after 3 hours. London reminds me of Monaco with all the square corners - mentally defeats me before I even get started.

Anyway, a small step:

Much better T3 - like Kev said, those last two corners can kill a good lap in a blink.

Last night running this combo, I came up with splits that'll put me at the bottom of the LB, so I'll wait until I can do better. :dunce:

Being at the bottom of the leader board isnt so bad??
The way i look at it is i always atart my week slow, learning the track and improve slowly as the days and laps go by.
The pain ful part this week is that i see that gap between me and the rest of the leaderboard and am not quite sure how i will bridge the gap in T2 let alone try to climb the ladder? :banghead:
EVERYONE should not feel discouraged about submitting slower splits, YA GOTTA START SOMEWHERE!!!
PLUS, i could always use company, gets lonely here at the bottom ya know! :cheers:

Been a while since I could really get back into these. This car is fun. I think, ergo I hope, I can improve these sectors but it was a hoot to be a little sideways in that middle sector.

Splits so far:

T1: 14.339
T2: 16.082

Oh I don't mind being at the bottom on a Monday night, Bloods. I'd gladly keep you company, but in this case I barely had time to jot down the splits, much less verify I was clean. At one point I thought my mirror pierced the wall!

EDIT: More tries tonight, using the DS3 as I only had about 30min:

Can't wait to try more, this thing sounds awesome! 👍

Last edited:
Wes' lap is clean. 👍 He should be a surgeon with that kind of precision... :crazy:

Wes' lap is clean. 👍 He should be a surgeon with that kind of precision... :crazy:

Wrong thread. :sly:

BTW (For Everyone) - I'll be away from home until Sunday, but will be checking in from time to time. Please forgive me if there are admin related questions that I don't get to right away. And next week's race will be up a few hours later than normal.

:cheers:
Kevin

No probs Kevin.

I'm starting to get a hang of the track, only the first corner is a tough one.

Using BB 4/6 , ABS 3

Can see flat 14's quite often so should be able to improve on this, and was hesitant in the last corner of T3 just to get a banker lap in. Now I can go for broke in T3 :)
Was struggling in T2 in 15.9xx but a dab of HB fixed that and am pretty much knocking in 15.6xx regularly now. I can see whoever nails that last corner of T3 will be rewarded this week.

Really enjoying my first WRS :) Apart from a couple of hiccups relating to me losing fast laps (I've learnt to back off on dirty laps now), i've now beaten them with a clean lap, splits:

T1: 14.071
T2: 15.596

I've put in around 5-6 hours and I've only got under 14.000 3 times, but they were all 13.99x. How are you hitting 13.8xx? That's insane :drool: 👍 I'm using 4/7 Brake balance. I know I can get my time down by 3 tenths. I'm consistently running within half a second of my target time but it's just hooking that lap time together.

I doubt i'll be submitting (Little point, not on the registry quite yet) but it's good to see approximately where I would stack up on a track which is a favourite of mine. It's not as bad as when I tried GT academy with a DS3 mind :lol:

EDIT:

I have a time, with BB 4/6. Splits are:

T1: 14.054
T2: 15.509

Found half a second in T3 and absolutely smashed my target time :P Not going to be able to do that again, even if I do have 2 tenths to find in the first 2 sectors. Judging from the first two sectors of you Division 1 guys, you are quite literally in a league of your own 👍

If I submit it will it simply be rejected as i'm not on the registry yet? Or will I be listed seperately as 'unclassified' or something?

If so I think i'll just keep hold of the replay until the results come out so I can compare my time with everybody elses :)

Last edited:
Welcome Seismica! 👍

I believe if you tried to submit for this week, via PM to WRSFetchBot (in the correct rigid format...) you'd get a response that your time is rejected, due to not being in the Registry yet. Your thoughts about playing along at home are good though, and will get you into the swing of things without any pressure.

BTW, I personally have enjoyed reading most all of your posts in other forum areas for a few years now, nice to have you aboard here (soon).

@poolhaas: Settled into that half-tenth-from-me comfort zone already? :sly: I look forward to trying to pull away while you're having fun watching real racing this weekend! 👍

EDIT: Lessons learned last night:
- Crossing the start/finish at 105mph/169kph
- Staying in 2nd gear for turn 1 seems better than dropping to 1st
- Turns 3 and 4 (esses) seem good by coasting in 3rd through turn 3 and a faith-testing early power-on dive through turn 4 (possibly a slight tap of brake before power-on for turn 4, though)
- Early braking for turn 5 (duh)
- T3 still needs lots of work

Last edited:
Welcome Seismica! 👍

I believe if you tried to submit for this week, via PM to WRSFetchBot (in the correct rigid format...) you'd get a response that your time is rejected, due to not being in the Registry yet. Your thoughts about playing along at home are good though, and will get you into the swing of things without any pressure.

BTW, I personally have enjoyed reading most all of your posts in other forum areas for a few years now, nice to have you aboard here (soon).

Cheers :cheers: I look forward to regularly competing in the WRS with everyone. I wasn't able to in the past, but now I have my own PS3, my own internet connection, a G27 and lots of free time, I thought i'd get more involved :)

EDIT: Lessons learned last night:
- Crossing the start/finish at 105mph/169kph
- Staying in 2nd gear for turn 1 seems better than dropping to 1st
- Turns 3 and 4 (esses) seem good by coasting in 3rd through turn 3 and a faith-testing early power-on dive through turn 4 (possibly a slight tap of brake before power-on for turn 4, though)
- Early braking for turn 5 (duh)
- T3 still needs lots of work

I was crossing the line at 107, but I don't think it makes that much difference here with such a short run into turn 1.

The right hander in the S bend was tough for me, I was braking right into the apex to make sure I didn't hit the inside wall or go too wide. Being too cautious here can cost a lot of time and I think this is where the better drivers will make a lot of time.

I was going down to second for the long right hander at the end of T2, helped me hit the apex properly and got a better drive off than when in third, though if you nail it in 3rd I think it's faster, but I just kept going wide on the entry. I think I was losing a tenth here.

For the second of the two 90 degree corners in T3 I find it's good to get as close to the left wall as possible and dab the brakes/turn in between the braking marker and the darker tire marks on the road. Then I was able to nail the exit everytime whereas before I was always wide or hitting the wall on the inside. There is a bump on the exit of that corner aswell which makes it difficult to get the power down.

EDK
Wrong thread. :sly:

Heh, I meant the lap for this combo that he was worried about, Kev... :) I suppose it is a bit premature to be posting that now though... 💡

Another small step for me:

Painful session, that one. :nervous:

Welcome Seismica :cheers: Yep 3rd is faster for that long right hander but you don't lose too much using 2nd to help you turn in. Most time in T1 is won or lost getting good traction out of turn 1 but you have to be very precise on the brakes to nail the apex - I'm using 1st to turn in then straight into 2nd and full throttle exit.

Last edited:
Heh, I meant the lap for this combo that he was worried about, Kev... :) I suppose it is a bit premature to be posting that now though... 💡

Another small step for me:

Painful session, that one. :nervous:

That's roughly what I want to get by the weekend, i.e. < 29.500 :D :dopey: :crazy:

+1 for first gear in turn 1 - you want to NEVER be worrying the outer rumbles either, IMHO - if you get over remotely near them, abandon - or practice the rest of the corners :)

I'd work on getting a rhythm in T3 first Matt - you can lose half a second through there without even noticing. This week will be another one where the last sector shakes the leaderboard up alot. :)

Back