GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 24 : Running Through London Topless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 265 comments
Very eager to find out how i've done over the whole lap :). My current splits would be 5th overall and D2 runner up, but my T3 might just lift me higher. But I don't know if i'll be competing in D1 or D2 yet, most likely D2 and my splits here are only representative of my unusual knack for the circuit rather than my overall ability.

new splits slightly slower than before had a reasonable T3 so was 3 tenths up on overall time.. I can go quicker but very difficult to string all 3 sectors together.. Ill give it a couple of hours today see how I go, I want a podium finish this week after a disappointing week last time out so you D3 bronze guys better get practicing im coming to get you

t1: 14.141
t2: 15.656

Last edited:
Faster lap. That's all that matters. If I intentionally go for faster splits, i ruin the lap by greeting the armco.

T1: 14.367
T2: 15.678

Slower splits but faster lap.
Not sure if I will be submitting this week as I didn't get the play time I normally get.
Only was able to do two 40 minute sessions, and don't have another opportunity to give it a go.

I've seen faster times it's just I always nick the wall somewhere and blow it.

T1: 14.203
T2: 15.605

-----

EDIT: Maybe I will be submitting. I didn't realize those times would put me in second in my division so far. Just hope my T3 is good enough to remain somewhere near there come results time.

Last edited:
T1: 14.198
T2: 15.479

I haven't driven here for a while, but since I like combos without tuning on tight tracks, I've decided to take part. However, I am struggling with T4 (sometimes I brake too early, sometimes too late) and last turn, which is still very tricky for me and I'm not constantly fast through there. I've improved my splits by 0.27, but overall time just 0.11 :( So, sector 3 is a hard one, for me at least.

Man I don't know how you all can figure this out and this is all I can come up w/ ...... :(

T1: 14.173
T2: 16.087

I'm done, I think I will drown myself in Dirt 3. Maybe rocking their world will change my outlook..... gerrrrr

GTP_RaceRyder
A Little better, nailed that first turn.

T1: 14.430
T2: 16.260

Good to see another D4 name up on the board. I thought it might be just the three of us. :sly:

After half a bottle of red wine tonight I matched my best time. A little later I beat it by 6 hundredths. Slower to T2 but one of my best third sectors.

Still trying to get to grips with the tight stuff. Much better T1, PB in T2, ruinous T3 :irked:

:cheers:

What a T2, still haven't touched 15.4xx yet :bowdown:

Moved back to using the HB in Turn 1, can rattle off 13.9xx on demand now. BB 5/5 , ABS 1. Got a little time in T2 by changing the approach to the kink. In T3 using just a smidgen of HB in each of the Left/Right 90 degree corners in T3.

T3 is decent, but 2 tenths slower than my best but 1 tenth better overall time. Think I might be done. Keep choking on the very last corner whenever I'm ahead of my ghost , but when I'm behind him I gain on him. Frustrating to say the least :crazy:

Might submit with these:

I had another go, but i'm never going to beat my time. I can match my first two sectors, even beat them by a few hundredths, but still finish 3-4 tenths down on my best lap. I must have done a monster final sector, but I honestly can't see where I made the time when I watch the replay.

Did a lot of runs today and am pleased with T1. The rest is so-so.

Did a quick 20-25 laps stint

Maybe I'll have another try tomorrow
BB 3-7

Set PBs in all 3 sectors this afternoon, under 14 to T1 3 times, under 29.5 to T2... I even set a faster lap time ...

... but, I only beat my previous best once and I nicked the wall near the Pret a Manger on that lap when I watched it back. :(

Don't have anymore time, or indeed the will to run any more laps - will submit with posted splits :)

Matt

What a T2...

Thanks Peter - shame my T3 was appalling that lap, otherwise I think I would have submitted!! Current splits are a tenth worse at T2 and a tenth better at the line. Have had very little time so far this week and the track is new to me for the event, so I'm a bit hit and miss on consistency.

Nice splits yourself by the way :)

Lost some in first sections,but faster total time.
Submitted with these splits.

Thanks Peter - shame my T3 was appalling that lap, otherwise I think I would have submitted!! Current splits are a tenth worse at T2 and a tenth better at the line. Have had very little time so far this week and the track is new to me for the event, so I'm a bit hit and miss on consistency.

Nice splits yourself by the way :)

I've really been off the pace last few events so thought I'd put in a bit more time in this event no matter how sunny it was outside :)

Matt is right, I think T3 is going to make or break the lap here. Whilst my T3 isn't 'appalling' it's not all that either. I suspect a fall of a few places to those who have a tight T3. Over the last few events I have seen when I thought I had a decent T3 it was quite poor compared to others.

BTW , give the HB a go, you might like it in Turn 1 👍

I can completely relate to your sentiments on recent T3 performances - I've had two or three shocking weeks in that respect, and if I don't go better tonight I fear this week will go the same way. My current T3 is a quarter of a second off my best T3.

I've only run for a couple of hours this week, but I have at least (I think) been able to run competitive times in all 3 sectors, it's just a case of stiching them all together. Currently at

and an average T3. Looking for over 4 tenths on the lap still :banghead:

EDIT: HB functionality is available, but not 'ergonomic' shall we say... I haven't modded my g27 like yours (yet - still under warranty), so all I can do when I get to the first turn is flash my lights or look behind me :lol: If I reach somewhere else for the button, I'm liable to miss the button and the turn!

Last edited:
Submitted, with splits from 2 days ago (on the board).
That was a magical lap, but I *did* get within .150 of it when I turned Active Steering OFF, so I don't think it had that much to do with it.... I hope.

New Splits.

T1: 14.093
T2: 15.453

Seen a 15.397 in T2 yesterday.

Yeah its dang near impossible i think to run your best T3 after you do a great time to the T2 checkpoint. I didnt get all I can. I dont know if I can beat this ghost the odds of doing so are so slim. Given alot more time I could and im not done trying by any means tho. I just know I need to get way luckier than I just got and I just got extremly lucky.:)

Edit: I just beat this lap by 1 tenth. i will look it over hard later and probably submit with it.

Last edited:
It might well be just me that didn't know this, but when submitting, you have to include the preceding 0

e.g. xx0'99.999xx (Just trying to stop fetchbot parsing this)

Back