GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 24 : Running Through London Topless

• Thread starter EDK
  • 265 comments
Alternatively, you might try describing your techniques for us and maybe someone could find a useful tip to give?

T2 is the BANE of my existance at the moment.
For the record i am DS3 bound for a few weeks whilst i complete my rig for a permanent wheel set up.
The esses or the " transition from the 1st left to the 2nd right" is where it all goes south for me, i just cant seem to get the line right in a timely fashion.
More often than not I think the approach is all wrong??
I usually end up in the wall out to the left side after the right hander, that is if i manage to get through at all . . .
I'm not to sure if i need to be more aggressive with the right hander and get all over the curb or just kiss it on the way through??
From there the long left hander to finish T2 is an after thought as the sector is usually all but binned by then.
I will try to persist if i get another crack at it and see if i can improve.
Any thoughts ? ?
Cheers All !!!

After a few weeks of mayhem i have finally had time to sit down and run more than 5 laps of a combo. Granted not many more but at least i have a time that will do for now. I really had fun with this tail happy little car.

T1: 14.897
T2: 16.011

Phew! :crazy:

Can't seem to get into the 13's in T1 but given the nature of this track, T1 is not that crucial.

Adam - the left/right in T2. I'm letting off the throttle just before the 50m board on the right and turning in... back on the throttle to the apex, getting as close as I can to the barrier on the left. Dabbing the brake as I pass the apex and turning for the right hander - use as much curb as I need to cut close to the barrier on the right and full throttle down to the hairpin. Any use?

For the record i am DS3 bound for a few weeks whilst i complete my rig for a permanent wheel set up.
The esses or the " transition from the 1st left to the 2nd right" is where it all goes south for me, i just cant seem to get the line right in a timely fashion.
More often than not I think the approach is all wrong??
I usually end up in the wall out to the left side after the right hander, that is if i manage to get through at all . . .
I'm not to sure if i need to be more aggressive with the right hander and get all over the curb or just kiss it on the way through??
From there the long left hander to finish T2 is an after thought as the sector is usually all but binned by then.
I will try to persist if i get another crack at it and see if i can improve.
Any thoughts ? ?
Cheers All !!!

I was about to respond, but Chris's advice seems great. 👍 I'll use it too!

Hate to suggest it if you already aren't using it, but the driving line helps me. :dopey: Can't wait to stop wearing that diaper, though.

Driving line here as well as this is a completely new track to me. Slowly getting the hang of it after a couple of hours last night. Have seen a 13.9 in T1 once but I'm not sure how I did it :lol: but more normally I'm in the low 14.1's there. I've had a couple of 29.75's at the T2 split, but both were linked with poor T3's.

Below are the splits from my best lap so far. T1 was poor and T2 was average, but T3 was pretty good. Will likely get some more laps in over the weekend in and around the F1 race and MotoGP, but I can't see me troubling the D2 podium this week (a recurring theme at the moment).

PS. Kev, can we have something without walls next week please?

I turned the driving line on when I first started this TT. I couldnt find a good break marker for turn 1 and kept smashing into the dang wall head on and got mad. I now use the white lines in the middle of the road to know when to brake kinda. Turn 1 i dont know if ill ever do much better than my current best splits.

T1: 14.117
T2: 15.792

Many days and many sessions just to run what alot of guys did in say their 1st ten laps at this TT.

Now I think I have 2.5 tenths left I can possibly get but the luck to do so? I dont know.

Only missed 1 tenth in T3. Didnt get the nose of the car close to the rail on the 2nd apex of the chicane in T2.

I do find T3 much easier than T1 and T2 combined so hopefully its a competitive time. Just judging by T1s and T2s id say I dont have a snowballs chance in hell to keep up with most of my division.:)

I can't catch my ghost at all. Came within .2 once but my first half seems to be nigh untouchable and I may need to settle for hoping I don't fall too hard in T3 on this one.

Adam - the left/right in T2. I'm letting off the throttle just before the 50m board on the right and turning in... back on the throttle to the apex, getting as close as I can to the barrier on the left. Dabbing the brake as I pass the apex and turning for the right hander - use as much curb as I need to cut close to the barrier on the right and full throttle down to the hairpin. Any use?

Yeah, I'll give it another shot again tonight and see what damage i can do.
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
Cheers All !!!

I did something like 70 laps tonight, got into a great rhythm. I thought I had a magic lap, but the splits only move me up a few spots. Turns out my previous T3 was horrible.

Getting the hang of letting off the brake earlier and gliding through some of the 90 degree turns a bit faster than I had been previously. 👍

If I was in the registry i'd keep going because I know I can shave a couple more tenths. At the end of split 2 i'm hitting 29.5xx at my best when I know 29.2xx is possible. But i'm going to wait this one out, see where I place, as it'll give me a reasonable estimation of where i'll be competing every week :)

Would probably take me 5+ hours to shave a tenth at this point anyway, what you guys at the top are doing is quite amazing, I thought I was fast on this track 👍

Reality check... Check :lol:

Adam - Good advice

+1 on Vagabond's advice. It's pretty much what I do. You've got to be brave and patient though, for me this is a pretty low percentage manoeuvre, I get it right about 1 in 10 times. You mustn't be afraid to go full throttle earlier than you think possible, when it works I'm sure I'll hit the barriers on the right but the under-steer takes me past. And when you do get it right, don't forget to brake earlier than you're used to for the next right as you'll be going a hell of a lot faster.

I thought I had a magic lap, but the splits only move me up a few spots. Turns out my previous T3 was horrible.

+1 on that too, in my new best lap T3 is THREE QUARTERS of a second quicker than my previous one.

Last edited:
The left/right in T2 is definitely the hardest bit. Vagabond/Wilco's advice is right IMHO - you HAVE to go for it and put up with a pretty low yield of success.

It's fairly straightforward though, stay left as far as possible and cut within inches of the barrier on the right, which allows you to floor it a lot earlier. If you get it right then I would say as much as half a second can be gained (or lost) there - but the problem with the low yield is that you run wide at the next corner! Doh!

In my best lap so far, I take this section in a ridiculous, kamikaze fashion, but it worked :)

I'm going to stop pushing and submit with splits on the board.
I envy the people who get their T1 below 14s I couldn't get even remotely close to a 14.2xx

I'm going to stop pushing and submit with splits on the board.
I envy the people who get their T1 below 14s I couldn't get even remotely close to a 14.2xx

At least you have the best T2 in D3, though. 👍
I haven't cracked into the 15.6xx's there yet.

Congrats on 1000 posts, BTW.

Have fun at the race this weekend! :cheers:
Hope there's some live feed for it...

At least you have the best T2 in D3, though. 👍
I haven't cracked into the 15.6xx's there yet.

Congrats on 1000 posts, BTW.

Have fun at the race this weekend! :cheers:
Hope there's some live feed for it...
Thanks, there should be a feed, someone opened a thread in the motorsport section ;)

And about my T2, I must have done something magical because I can't match it anymore :P, hopefully my T3 will be good enough.

Finally... :crazy:

Still struggling a bit with the traction zones in the 3rd sector...

I thought I may aswell update my splits.

There is a tenth in both sectors but if I manage it that will probably be the best I can do this week. :)

Edit:-

Will probably have one final run at this before submitting. :)

Last edited:
For those looking for the quick color...I think it's the black this week. :D

T1: 14.357
T2: 15.662

Getting pretty consistent with this now, just haven't strung the good stuff together. Easily have two tenths in T1 and maybe another one or two in T3. Saw a 29.7xx once but stuffed my door into the "Sanyo wall" hard...so disappointing. :banghead:

EDIT: Probably done with this for the weekend. No progress in another 40ish laps. I might revisit again before the deadline but I am going to submit this one for now. Good luck weekend warriors!

Last edited:
Oh, my. I wasn't expecting this. Time for a beer!

Kind of cheesed that I had Active Steering Strong enabled, but hey.
I'll see if I can get anywhere close with it off, since it's a bit more fun that way.

EDIT: Starmist Blue over here, DB. :lol:
Also just realized I forgot to change the BB, so was running default 5/5. Huh... ABS=7.

Last edited:
Some new splits

T1: 14.240
T2: 15.517

Edit: more new splits

T1: 14.200
T2: 15.469

Check out that T2.:)👍

Last edited:

really liking this G27, still trying to get used to it though. a little more time in T3 and I'll be happy with my lap time.

really liking this G27, still trying to get used to it though. a little more time in T3 and I'll be happy with my lap time.

Nice work, JB and Jack. 👍

Sitting here watching F1 practice, and I saw your post come up JB, and my first reaction was "Crap." Then I remembered you're not in D3 anymore. :lol:
Did you have to bump me out of the top 10, though? :rolleyes: just kidding. :)

Oh, my. I wasn't expecting this. Time for a beer!

:ill: Where do you think you're going?
I thought TI3R had it in the bag but it seems Stanley and you thought different. Good job 👍

Still trying to get to grips with the tight stuff. Much better T1, PB in T2, ruinous T3 :irked:

:cheers:

Back