GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 33 : Cruisin' Monaco

• Thread starter EDK
  • 156 comments
Cheers guys, i think its a good thing theres no wall, so much time can be gained there being brave, very important corner i think

I had this car alredy in my garage , with front aero parts and engine broken in.
Installed new front aero (removed) and went for some test laps:

Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89 / Côte d'Azur (Seasonal TT19)

Preparations , all power mods installed and weight reductions done + rollcage fitted.

250 BHP 1000kg 455PP

Ballast
169kg , position 25

Transmission (move final gear to 5.500 and max speed 180 km/h / all the way to left)
F5.050

LSD 10/19/16

suspension
0/-10
15.0/8.6
4/7
4/3
7/1

1.8/1.4
0.00/0.00

brakes 8/6

N3 tyres

Active Steering strong

ABS4

Feel free to comment the setup and modify it to your own preferences.

My test session splits:

MadMax

Nice opener Pekka 👍

@Markyboy - agreed, its a vital corner for a good 2nd sector but I also agree with Kev that its a shame the barrier isn't there. You have to cut that chicane so much to get a good exit it's a tight-rope walk and many a good lap is doomed because of it.

If proof were needed, I just hammered my split time with a slower 1st sector by cutting there just right. Lost it a bit at the swimming pool exit though.

First go at it...

Really challenging with the DFP at full rotation... Might have to lock it off this week.

Got about 3 seconds at the line (T3 FTW) but theres lots of tyre smoke at 200*... Might have to go back

Another second off, the car is much faster and smoother with Vaga's setup

Last edited:
This one looks really good guys, shame I probably won't have any more time for it then last week, maybe I'll get some time in, if not, good luck. 👍

Seems some very good splits to start.

Probably won't have time for this one. I think i'll just work at grinding seasonals to get all those expensive cars in the OCD instead :)

I tend to like Street circuits like London, Madrid, Rome etc. but i'm not so good at Monaco. I might give it a little go at the weekend but I don't expect i'll be submitting a time. Good lucky to all those competing 👍

T1: 32.396
T2: 53.023

Ive been trying to tune the car from scratch myself and I can do it but it takes me a long time. I have gained most of my time thru T3 and barely made a dent in all the time Im losing thru T1 or T2.

T1: 32.330
T2: 52.785

Might be the last chance I get to try before the end of this TT. Taking a little trip with no definite concrete return date as yet. Good luck everyone. Keep fighting the good fight Lefty.👍

Probably wont submit this time but I had fun anyhow trying to figure this track out....and I thought I knew it. hahaha

Last edited:
Oh man, this one looks fun! I may have to rearrange my schedule and give this one some time.

First splits:

T1: 33.452
T2: 55.861

Shaved a little off.

T1: 33.290
T2: 55.069

T1: 32.741
T2: 54.875

Thanks for posting tips, very helpful.

Last edited:
Still struggling with the tune,stiffer,softer....

Nice combo though 👍

T1: 32.536
T2: 52.808

I like Monaco and the small MX-5 is surprisingly fast...

T1: 32.510
T2: 53.611

It might be that these are once again the only 20 laps I will be able to do this week, so let's see whether I'll submit at all...

20 lap session and I hit a wall or make a mistake in 15 of them. Frustrating when your on a good lap and then make a mistake in the last two corners. Taking a break for a few days!

I was going to have a go at this one but have a little issue with the delivery of my Fanatec wheel. It's not really a big issue it's to do with delivering to where I live.

As I am not part of the EU I emailed Fanatec to ask them if I would have to supply a UK address for delivery (as they don't deliver outside of EU) in which a friend of mine has said I can get it sent there. Fanatec replied by saying I would have to because of shipping costs. I then replied to them saying that where I live is actually closer to Europe then what the UK is, I am only 30 kilometers away from France. If they were to send it to the address in the UK it would be travelling an extra 600 kilometers across the English Channel.

How can this be cheaper?

Anyway they have replied saying that they will check the shipping costs to where I am, hopefully get a response tomorrow.

A little bit worried about this as I have never ordered from Fanatec and it's costing me £434 :ouch:

Hopefully I might get a run at this combo at the weekend

Started dipping into 31.3s and 51.5s but the usual struggle to string them into a clean fast lap. Small change to setup: Toe -0.20/-0.20 Springs 12.0/9.0 LSD 5/9/7

Last edited:
Finally starting to get a better feel for the combo... Thou I am still slow compared to most others ;)

Am using a rather soft setup with low springrates and positive ride height, to keep the tiregrip..

Latest splits:
T1: 32.788
T2: 54.312

Great combo! 👍

Lots of fun tossing this little thing around, but it looks like a bit more tuning is in order after seeing the T1 times Mark and Vagabond are putting down...very impressive. :crazy: The best I've managed so far are mid 31.6's but getting through the first turn quickly without brushing the wall is my main issue right now.

Best splits so far,
T1: 31.757
T2: 51.836

After tanking in our weekly 3D3 race, I took out some frustration with this little roadster. 👍
I like Chris' suspension and Pekka's gears. :cheers:

Got a nice drift at the top of the first hill.

Faster...

Haha, I was waiting for that. Nice one Mark 👍

...seeing the T1 times Mark and Vagabond are putting down...very impressive. :crazy:

Thanks mate... and call me Chris :) My best T1 so far is 31.379 but just try holding on to the entire lap :crazy:

Edit: 10 dirty laps then an improvement.

Looking for 3 tenths on the lap in theory but it'll be a tall order sewing that together.... pretty much at my limit with this I think.

Last edited:
Starting to find more speed, but stringing together T2 is hard

T1-31.542
T2-51.332

Pretty sure theres enough there for a 50 T2

I can't beleve I'm still in 5th :) but maybe it the absolute perfection you have to maintain that makes this track an unenjoyable experience for most, BUT IT'S MONICO. I couldn't imagine actually getting to race on that track.

For what it's worth when I am trying to get a track wired I would always start out running A/T to take any variables out of the equation. Then all I would have to do is worry about driving and giving myself a cushion on the objects so I could get in to the grind. I think you will make more time if you are smooth and consistent rather then relying on the advantages that a M/T can give you while leaving you holding the bag when you tail wag out a little to much and bonk an object. FYI I'm one of Jerryz kids and rely on Kaz to do my shifting (AKA I run A/T)

Last edited:
Had a go tonight with Mad Max's tune with a tweak to the gearing. Eventually managed this...

Back