GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 33 : Cruisin' Monaco

• Thread starter EDK
  • 156 comments
Small change to setup:
Toe -0.20/-0.20
Springs 12.0/9.0
LSD 5/9/7

Now I'm going to have to quit what I was doing and give this a try..... Thankz "V" 👍

-------------------------- Vagabond alteration test drive :) ---------------

It seamed a little loser and more drivable :boggled: It seamed to hook up a little more in the final section.

No change in my showz but I was able to knock .3 off T3 and .2 on the OT...... Thankz "V" 👍

Last edited:
First splits:

T1: 32.347
T2: 53.185

Got a lot of work to do to catch up to Lefty who's been on fire ever since that dirt event a couple weeks ago. 👍

It's certainly a handful. I finally got the 150mile oil change and started outrunning my ghost up the first hill easily. Got me a little closer to Lefty, but still not in the 31 Club.

Nice one Lefty 👍

(Very) small improvement... up 0.08 at the line

Seen a couple of 51.4s in sector 2 but 51.3 is crazy 👍 Fastest 1st sector so far is a 31.326 but following it with a good sector 2 is a bit tricky.

Ive really struggled with this one this week dont think i will be submitting a time, I need more practice with the wheel i finnally got. Good luck to everyone

Not too many entries on the splits board for this week, must be a Monaco thing!!
Been meaning to give this a run but not had time for a decent session yet, managed 10 laps last night and got sectors of 32.8 and 53.xx (don't have exact figures to hand), not particularly impressive but its a start, may have to leave it to the very last minute to submit or even skip this week if I don't find any more time, as my current best lap is too close to call on the chicane at the bottom of the hill.
Loving getting the car out of shape but somehow still balanced at the start of T3 though!! (Swimming pool)

Difficult but fun combo ,I like it.
Had some trouble finding a good tune of my own,so give madmax´s tune a try.

The tune,lots of laps and 1 extra BHP gave new splits.

Quick, Lefty! Shut the door! I just joined you in the 31 Club. Don't let anybody else in! :sly:

.25 better at the line. Also went and "covered" my time up with the Elise I borrowed from Tim. 👍 He and I also did some online laps to work out some details for next week's 3D3 race. :cheers:

Am getting very frustrated/confused...! :ouch:

I can't get my engine to "break in"...
It has now +300km on the road, oil is changed, but the engine still only says 244 HP...?!

Any suggestions?

Am getting very frustrated/confused...! :ouch:

I can't get my engine to "break in"...
It has now +300km on the road, oil is changed, but the engine still only says 244 HP...?!

Any suggestions?

Online events only add miles but not engine wear, I assume so you don't have to keep adjusting the engine limiter or changing oil when running at the limit for the event. You'll have to run the engine in offline I'm afraid. I let Bob do it for me :)

Ahhh.... 👍
Of course.... thanks...!

* goes away in shame, to start Bob *

What is the Max BHP this car has? I think I'm on 245.

I thought the max HP was 244. That's all I could get after an oil change. Am I missing something? Not sure more HP would help me anyway. I can barely keep it off the walls as it is.

According to a post by 'madmax84', it has a max on 250, when 'broken'.

But dam'n... thought you 2 guys was ahead of me in Div4 due to having more power...
Now it is just down to my lousy driving skills... :ouch:

According to a post by 'madmax84', it has a max on 250, when 'broken'.

But dam'n... thought you 2 guys was ahead of me in Div4 due to having more power...
Now it is just down to my lousy driving skills... :ouch:

I guess I'll have to let "Bob" do some more driving and change the oil again.

NINE_HUNDRED has me by a couple of tenths, maybe the extra 6 HP will help.

Hi all, from Australia here, going to log on and give this MX-5 challenge a go. Comfort Soft tires is a bit restrictive, I'm usually one to max out the tires, but, I like this track so I might do 'ok'.

Can't find my split times, but I'm ont going to bother I don't think, I spun out at the last corner of the lap, and unless there's more than 2 T split times, not interested. This game is extremely inaccurate when it comes to tires I've realised, Comfort Soft are just ****, nothing like real life conform soft tires, and the game is particularly bad at doing FR cars, excluding the legendary M3, which I imagine it does perfectly. This car and the Lotus Elise (in game) are nothing like they handle in real life. So even though I can't find my T times, I'm not going to bother investigating them, not for the purposes of this competition.

Last edited:
Hi all, from Australia here, going to log on and give this MX-5 challenge a go. Comfort Soft tires is a bit restrictive, I'm usually one to max out the tires, but, I like this track so I might do 'ok'.
G'day mate 👍

Comfort Soft is the perfect tyre for this little whizzer and you can really give it some right foot if you thread the needle just right. Racing tyres on a road car is total over-kill and not something you'll find very often in WRS :)

The trick at Monaco is bravery with the barriers.... point it at the corner and nail the throttle. My current fastest lap, I think I just about shut my eyes going into the chicane:

azurdl.jpg

At the apex I had about 2cm clearance.... :crazy:

Last edited:
Conza

Hi Conza... welcome to WRS...
Just to make you aware of it, you need to send in a "qualifier" to be approved/evaluated to get you placed in one of the divisions. Until then, you can't submit your lap-times for the combos...
Look at the forum, under weekly racing series, how to do the qualifier... (sorry, can't link it directly, as I am on my Android)

New splits:

T1: 31.894
T2: 52.421

The chicane after the tunnel was pretty close but still clean I think. PD should have placed some bollards there.

This combo is driving me mad. Had a 31.9 in T1 last night, but can't get close to it again. Can barely get a clean lap. Ready for next week.

New splits....

T1: 32.183
T2: 54.787

T2 is driving me mad.. (in fact the whole track is)...
Can't get a good flow thru the corners with this car.. must be my skills that needs improvement.

First splits:
T1: 32.001
T2: 53.027

Not particularly pleased but I'm never fast in my first couple sessions. Going to try different setups.

T1: 32.136
T2: 52.711

Last edited:
Quick, Lefty! Shut the door! I just joined you in the 31 Club.

Welcome to "CLUB 31" 👍 I just wish the brawds in this place were better lookin :crazy:

60156-ugly_girl.jpg

I'm starting to actually think that I'm going to make a D3 podium this week :nervous: Now that the NASCAR Nationwide race is over I'm going to do some more grinding on Monaco to try to pull off the D3 win, I don't want to depend on my T3 time to be the fixer for me.

I hope I can find 5/100th's to make the shows even tighter for first place :)

Latest splits... haven't had much time for this, but that should change tomorrow:

T1: 32.336
T2: 52.533

Back