GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 33 : Cruisin' Monaco

• Thread starter EDK
  • 156 comments
Finally...!
Got below 54.0 in T2... but can't drive this combo consistent, so lost a bit in T1 compared with my previous best OT. Improved the OT with .4
Spending way to much time on this combo :ouch:

T1: 32.604
T2: 53.688

New splits... back on T2's of +54.0, but improved OT by .25.... So my T3 is getting much better. :)

T1: 32.412
T2: 54.017

Last edited:
T1: 32.040
T2: 52.763

Gaining and losing time all over the place,no lap is the same.:scared:

T3 will be interesting.

Not sure if I'll be submitting, my DS3 'skills' are too rusty at the moment to tackle the Monaco track.
The last sector of my leaderboard time isn't fast enough so I might have one last go or wait for next week.

I'll submit with the splits I posted yesterday. Here are some pics how close I cut the chicane.

Ive done the qualifier but im not on the registry yet so I cant submit a time. Anyway my efforts are.

T1 32.397
T2 53.309

Ive ran marginally faster T1+T2 previously but this lap T3 was a quarter second faster.

New Splits:

T1: 31.812
T2: 52.640

Sloppy lap, I've had faster at the splits but always seem to get minor wall contact. The wall magnets are attached firmly to my front bumper.:sly:

T1: 31.845
T2: 52.475

Much better lap but still tenths to pick up if I can put it together.

Last edited:
T1: 31.941
T2: 52.775

Not my best T1, but the rest of the lap was nearly as good as I could hope. Will have another go to try and put it together

New splits:
T1: 31.947
T2: 52.242

Saw one 1'23.990 at T2 but tapped the wall, will chase it some more tomorrow. Submitting this lap but should have at least an hour to run in the morning.

I'll submit with the splits I posted yesterday. Here are some pics how close I cut the chicane.

Cutting it close Viper???:drool:
The one replay I have saved is very similar your pictures, wasn't going to submit this week due to only having one run at it and the hard call on the chicane but having seen your pictures I might think about it.
Are any of these from your submitted lap?

Cutting it close Viper???:drool:
The one replay I have saved is very similar your pictures, wasn't going to submit this week due to only having one run at it and the hard call on the chicane but having seen your pictures I might think about it.
Are any of these from your submitted lap?

It's a picture sequence of the lap I submitted. I stopped the replay at every relevant frame and my left front wheel was vertically in line with the curb in every frame. I tried for hours to do a faster or similar fast lap without cutting the chicane so close but I always hit some walls or lost time in the last corners. My next best lap with a "clean" chicane is a quarter second slower. Maybe a 4 wheels on the track rule for Monaco would have been better.

Is it monday alredy ,
I changed my setup a little:

Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89 / Côte d'Azur (Seasonal TT19) version 1.01

Preparations , all power mods installed and weight reductions done + rollcage fitted.

250 BHP 1000kg 456PP

Ballast
169kg , position 50

Transmission (move final gear to 5.500 and max speed 180 km/h / all the way to left)
F5.000

LSD 11/13/17

suspension
0/-10
15.0/8.6
3/7
4/3
7/1

1.8/1.4
0.00/0.00

brakes 8/6

N3 tyres

Active Steering strong

ABS4

The game is telling me it's better to have all the weight as far towards rear as possible ,
it increases the PP by one. :eek:
Not only that , I find the car more predictable and I can get on power a little earlyer aswell.
Feels like driving a Mid-engine car.

New splits:

MadMax

Just improved by 0.020 but lost .25 in T2 with a very 'safe' chicane,

T1-31.360
T2-51.246

About 3 points in the lap was within a inch or 2 of the barrier, reasonably scruffy lap.

New Splits:

T1: 31.682
T2: 52.441

Half a tenth faster at the splits but 3 tenths at the line. Still need to put an entire lap together though.

I wish I had a few more days with this one...I finally got Bob running some break in laps yesterday, but only had time last night for for one more quick run. The HP gains make a big difference in T1 pulling up the hill, and I was easily seeing T1's in the 31.5's but I couldn't quite get a clean lap put together that was quicker than my previous best. So i'll be submitting with my previously posted splits. :nervous:

Holy Lefty!
What's gotten into you :lol:
Great splits, Alien impersonator :D

Running a bit behind this week, just got the car up to max HP, so I'll be submitting later today :nervous:

For those interested in racing this event online with fellow WRS drivers (and guests), the 3D3 Racing Series has added a "Euro Friendly" time slot to the series. If the interest is there, the slot will become permanent 👍
Details here.

New splits:

T1: 31.823
T2: 52.002

It's amazing that this ended up being my best lap. I had just screwed up T3 what would have been my best lap the lap before. I was so upset with myself that I missed a shift at the start of this lap. Figured oh well, just finish this lap since I already screwed it up. Ended up doingmy best splits and even with another mediocre T3 finished up by 1 tenth at the line. Submitting with these splits.

Last edited:
New splits:

T1: 32.301
T2: 52.088

I know there is still 0.35 to be had in T1.

Update:

T1: 32.015
T2: 52.512

This is 0.65 slower than my best lap (31.8XX, 52.0XX) through T2, but I botched T3 on that lap badly. If I could throw this T3 into that lap I'd be a very happy man.

Another modest gain, but nothing spectacular (yet). Broke into club "31" by the slimmest of possible margins.:

T1: 31.999
T2: 52.445

I keep waffling between Good T2, Bad T3 and Bad T2, Good T3 although T1 is pretty steady. Why can't I put it together in one darn lap and just get this over with. I'm crawling up the charts though:

T1: 31.927
T2: 52.215

Last edited:
*cough* *cough*, ug, I feel the sickness coming on...Must go home from work, and "race" it off...

Nice T2 Tim! For T1 I saw exactly one 31.7xx during the week, otherwise it was 31.9xx or higher. Good luck if you're still running...as it is now it'll be an interesting run to the line for us D3'ers. 👍

No prob Joost, I'm sure you have more things to tend to.

Haven't submitted this one, it was a bit too hard for me to keep it out of the walls this week. Looking forward to the next one.

Finally got the chance to run a good long evening and actually managed to stay within .2 of my PB over the whole lap for about 15 laps straight. And then there was this lap:

T1: 32.278
T2: 53.607

I see it as a sign and submit.

Thanks for this combo, might have been my favourite so far.

Had another go, reasonable happy with this time, finally 3 solid sectors

T1-31.377
T2-51.081

Didn't pertically test the Chicane atall, exiting corner 1 was stupidly close to the wall.

Submitted, was probably 0.15-0.25 left in total but as always wouldve taken abit of time i feel to gain last couple of tenths

Last edited:

Looked up at my T1 spit, and blew the next corner :banghead:
Worked out ok, but now I'm obsessed with getting it right :lol:

Submitted with these splits, as I've blown 2 submissions now, all due to last minute stupidity on my part.

I swear, I'm not that stupid, ...all the time :sly:

Internet problems curtailed my time on this tonight but I don't think I'd get much better than this anyway.

Cheers
S

Back