GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 34 : British Invasion

Discussion in 'WRS Archive' started by EDK, Oct 4, 2011.

1. EDK

EDK Moderator

[​IMG]

:: GTP_Weekly Race Series ::

[​IMG]\

GT5 Week 34 : British Invasion

[​IMG]

Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

[​IMG]

Jaguar XKR Coupe '10

[​IMG]

Road Course - Daytona

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

[​IMG]

Race Details:

• Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
    • Track: World Circuits > Road Course - Daytona
    • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
    • Make: UK > Jaguar
    • Model: XKR Coupe '10

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 502 HP (Stock)
    • Weight: 1810 kg (Stock)
    • Transmission: Optional
    • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
    • Tyre Type: Sports Medium (S2's)
    • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
    • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
    • Mechanical Damage: Optional
    • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
    • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
    • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
    • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
    • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
    • Yellow Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track

Steward's Comments:
    Our first visit to Daytona Road since the Prologue days. The Jag with the big V8 sounds and drives great on this wide open track.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
    • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
    • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
    • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
    • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
    • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
    • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
    • No hybrids
    • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
    • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
    • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
    ):

• Total Lap Time
    • T4 Time
    • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime or T4 Time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
    :

• T1, T2 and T3 times
    • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 34 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
      Time: X'XX.XXX
      (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
    • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
    • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
    • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
    • The deadline is Monday, October 10th 11:59pm GMT
    • You must complete your lap and save your replay BEFORE downloading the Spec II Update, which is to become available on Tuesday the 11th. If you live in Australia or Asia, where the deadline is technically on Tuesday, your time will be DQ'd if you make your run after updating.
    • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
    • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
    • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
    • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
    • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

[​IMG]

Good luck, :gtplanet:
    OLR Team

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  2. mcfizzle

mcfizzle

God, I've been wanting Daytona Road Course for so long and you do it after I've declared I won't compete this week. Now I have some decisions to make and I think they may involve me getting some seat time. Thanks for the great combo Kevin.

3. BloodiMayhem

BloodiMayhem

OHHHH, I'm back after some vacation time!
    Might have to try to wedge myself back into the groove with this tasty number!
    Nice one Kev!
    Cheers All !!!

4. nuclearfire

nuclearfire

First splits:

T1: 32.929
    T2: 27.918
    T3: 16.125

5. jimantonic

jimantonic

Interesting combo, I'm not so good at this track so not expecting great results, but on the other hand hopefully I will learn how to drive here properly after running this one!
    That is of course if I overcome the usual problem of finding enough time to get on it!!

6. RIP_Welsh_Don

RIP_Welsh_Don

First Splits for my first WRS. Only just submitted qualifier, so we'll see how things go.

T1: 32.368
    T2: 27.527
    T3: 16.048

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  7. Carlos Fandango

Carlos Fandango Premium

Oh man, I love this track...shame I can't compete this week!

Good luck everyone

8. Kent

Kent Staff Emeritus

Im going to try competing this week if My qualifier is honored, anyone know the typical turn-around time on those sbmissions?

9. EDK

EDK Moderator

He normally does them in batches every 2-4 weeks. He updates the whole handicap system for promotions at the same time, so it's a little more complicated than just looking at a time and placing people in the division.

It's been 3 weeks since the last one, so anytime now.

10. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

Sweet! :p

That is all.... :tup:

11. RIP_Welsh_Don

RIP_Welsh_Don

I was under the impression that we could start participating in the WRS as soon as our qualifier was submitted, rather than having to wait for our divisional placement? Although, I notice my splits haven't gone up yet, so maybe this is not the case? Unless they just need to be entered manually for now?

12. EDK

EDK Moderator

Sorry, we had made some updates to the first post at one point, but it looks like some of the language with that information was missed.

I've changed it to read this way -

13. Seismica

Seismica Premium

First Splits:

Lots more to come. But with my sprained wrist i'm finding it a struggle using my wheel, I can't catch oversteer or slides so I have to be overly cautious on the throttle, which means i'm going to be slower (Though more consistent).

I might not bother competing this week as i'm at a disadvantage and I'll be busy this weekend so will only get a few hours. I'll give it another day or so and see where my splits stand compared to the top D1 guys before I decide whether or not to compete. I know there is at least a second to be found over the lap, just be cutting the apexes more finely and keeping cornering speeds up.

14. Im_Lukas

Im_Lukas

Are there any references for braking at the big chicane down the back straight?

15. MadMax

MadMax Moderator

First 18 laps gave me these splits:

It's a shame the car doesn't look as wrecked in the ghost replay as it was at the end of lap 18 :lol:

EDIT:
    I time my braking to a moment/split second after passing the place where concrete changes to grass on the left.

MadMax

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  16. Im_Lukas

Im_Lukas

OK thanks I was just braking when I felt like it and would usually enter it too fast or end up too slow. Nice splits, only one I could probably match is your T3 but even then it would have to be a close to PB.

17. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

Nice opening splits Pekka :tup: Yeah it's a shame the fastest lap replay doesn't show car damage - it can end up a real mess sometimes... :p

That's what I do. :sly: It works great if you happen to feel like braking at the right point... and then rinse and repeat. :cool:

First 20 laps for me:

No idea how much time I'm looking for - I did some faster sectors on my long run but only watched my fastest lap replay. So there is some time to be had... somewhere.

That is quite a nice T1 you have there at this point Pekka, I know that much. :)

18. dranddad

dranddad

T1: 0'32.609
    T2: 0'27.639
    T3: 0'16.100

Phillip.

19. GTP_unkymo

GTP_unkymo

My first attempt

T1; 33.035
    T2; 28.348
    T3; 16.292

and My second attempt!;
    T1; 32.884
    T2; 28.057
    T3; 16.282

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  20. the_wilco

the_wilco

First go

21. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

I've always loved this track... big rewards for bravery here. And the XKR is one of my (real life) favourite cars. The bus stop chicane is awesome with this Jag on the limit. Nice tyre choice Kev - just right :tup:

Small step:

22. MilleRSVR

MilleRSVR Premium

Early splits, tricky car on this track at points. Lots of power to spin up those rear tires.

T1, 33.448
    T2, 27.936
    T3, 16.244

23. Vagabond

Vagabond Staff Emeritus

Yep - much potential for smoking replays with this. :)

Getting the feel for trail-braking into turn 1 with a bit less panic now.

16.042 (seem stuck at 16.04x)

Have seen a couple of 27.3s in sector 2 now. This was my best 1st sector so far.

24. markyboy92

markyboy92

First Splits, several tenths to come by T2 i feel but then after that i absolutly nailed the lap to about as best as i could do i think or within 0.075 or so it was spot on every corner.

T1-32.542
    T2-27.637
    T3-15.984

Not pertically enjoying this to be honest

25. MilleRSVR

MilleRSVR Premium

Turn 1 is the toughest of all I think. Coming off the oval at high speed, trying to find the right braking and down shift points is tricky. I either go to fast and end up in the grass on the outside, or go to slow and never can make up the time.

I'll try trail-braking through there as you suggest. I'm losing loads of time in T1.

26. EDK

EDK Moderator

I've normally used the white pavement stripes (lane markers, if you will) as my braking marker through there. Can't say which one yet for this combo, but start counting them after the start finish and pick your spot to brake. And trail braking works fine, but you can't be late in getting the car pointed and motivated toward the inside of the turn. If you don't start soon enough, you'll fall off the outside every time.

This was one of 6 tracks on Prologue, so I've laid down plenty of laps here. I understand the frustration that comes from crashing in that turn, since you just have to run the lap anyhow if you want to cross the SFL at race speed. Those pointers should help you become more consistent. :tup:

27. Speedy6543

Speedy6543 Moderator

First half hour session

28. MilleRSVR

MilleRSVR Premium

Thanks for the tips Kev.:tup:

I'll work on those pointers, I think I can gain 4-5 tenths in T1 if I get it right.

29. NINE_HUNDRED

NINE_HUNDRED

Managed a 32.8xx in T1 once, never again :nervous: And I'm probably braking about 2 seconds to early for the chicane, lots of time will be lost there for me I imagine.

30. Usual Suspect

Usual Suspect Premium

After a lot of red laps :scared:

T1: 32.673
    T2: 27.844
    T3: 16.152

B/B 5/7 ABS10

Really nice combo and the car is just great to watch :tup: