GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 34 : British Invasion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 194 comments
EDK
Sorry, we had made some updates to the first post at one point, but it looks like some of the language with that information was missed.

I've changed it

Appreciate the heads up EDK.

Kinda takes the fun out of running this one now, unless the qualifiers get screened soon! :sly:

Anyway, new splits, just in case they get to count:

T1: 32.262
T2: 27.422
T3: 16.031

Still messed up the bus stop, but improved lap nonetheless. :)

Last edited:
Was going to ask for help on turn 1 but I see some have already been posted. Looking at the leaderboard though it's apparent that most of my lost time is in T2. Any tips would be welcome. Not sure on the best brake balance either.

Thanks
Stephen

Anyway, new splits, just in case they get to count...

Nice splits they are too 👍 You've pipped me with every one. Early days yet though :sly: Were you in D1 for Prologue?

Was going to ask for help on turn 1...

How about this?

I hesitated and blipped the brakes again just before the apex of turn 1 but otherwise not too bad.

Feeling much more comfortable on this track now that I've stopped driving too aggressively.

Nice splits they are too 👍 You've pipped me with every one. Early days yet though :sly: Were you in D1 for Prologue

Thanks Vagabond.

I was Division 2 Bronze in Prologue, but that was using the DS3. I got the wheel just before GT5 came out and once I'd got used it, could see I was quicker than before. I even went back to prologue at one point to see if I could beat my original WRS qualifier time (RX7 @ Fuji) and after just 30 minutes was approx' 1.2s faster! :)

I've been slow to get my qualifier done for GT5, but gave it a good effort in the hope I make Division 1 this time. Fingers crossed. :D

Thanks for the help Chris, I was guessing some lines there, most ended up in the grass.

I loved sliding this one round.

T1: 33.634
T2: 29.024
T3: 16.480

Thought I would give it a quick go whilst waiting for my qualifier to be posted, and before I go and study for the night, so only a quick 15min session but I think I started to get the hang of it by the end but think I can knock maybe a second off the time when I try again on Friday.

Time for the moment though
T2: 28.016
T3: 16.288

Seems to be around the time of a few others I have seen posted, so at least i'm not doing too bad :)

darren200cook
I loved sliding this one round.

T2: 29.024
T3: 16.480

Haha me and you have exactly the same first sector time, thats weird!! Did it slide out for you on the first corner as well? I think if I can tame the oversteer coming in to the first corner I might be able to knock a significant amount of time off!

Last edited by a moderator:

As always bus stop is nearly all that matters.

How about this?

I hesitated and blipped the brakes again just before the apex of turn 1 but otherwise not too bad.

Cheers for sharing video Vagabond been strugling with turn 1

Just confirming to everyone that with the timing of the Spec II Update, we're going to maintain the normal deadline.

Obviously we don't know right now what time of day the update will become available. But I need to stress to everyone that they must complete their lap and save their replay BEFORE downloading the update. If you live in Australia or Asia, where the deadline is technically on Tuesday, your time will be DQ'd if you make your run after updating.

As always bus stop is nearly all that matters.

lol, for sure. Bus stop has a huge affect on the lap.

Nice splits too 👍

Quick question. I saw some people talking about adjusting the brake bias. Is this available to all and I'm missing something obvious, or is it only on the Driving Force wheels with the adjuster on them?

ok, ignore this. I've just searched a little harder in this forum and found out I can set my controller up to access these options. :)

Just had 3 blistering sectors with a terrible T2 shame because nailing that i wouldn't of been far off submitting with that time, completly fluffed T2.

T1-32.187
T2-27.752
T3-15.945

Stock BB wondering if a change would help much

Had a brief session with this one, unable to consolidate at the bus stop on any reasonable splits, best T2 I saw was 59.6, standard BB

Had a play around with BB and ABS tonight, but ended up going back to stock (BB - 5/5 and ABS - 1). Never felt any improvement but certainly ruined the car a few times, lol.

New Splits with a reasonable Bus Stop, although very close to being dirty ;)

T1: 32.272
T2: 27.357
T3: 16.025

Really not much left out there for me, maybe 1/10th. Fingers still crossed for my qualifier to be processed before the deadline :D

Last edited:
@ Speedy, man I can't beleve how close we are off line compared to how close we were the other day online @ Monaco. Were perdy darn equil then and now your are right in front of me for this week. I just hope I can make it into the one second club for this combo :)

How about this?

Thanks Chris. I'm going to get started on this combo tonight as I haven't started yet, but the sound of the engine in this video just makes me want to run right now and drive. It's like a growling lion.

Going to be an awesome sound to have 8-12 of them on the track at once next week. Marc and I may have to scream on the mic to be heard over that pride of lions though.

Half of my laps keep getting invalidated :grumpy:

But amazing combo! Love the Jag, one of my favourite cars!

Third session, sods law the .3 i gained by T3 then i lost .3 in the bus top to a spot on sector on my previous best lap resulting in almost the same time.

T1-32.171
T2-27.402
T3-15.995

Think theres up to 0.25 to come from first three sectors. Seen low .3 T2 and mid .9 T3.

Another quick go took 0.110 off slower by T3, did .6 T3 a few times in a row, defiantly couple of tenths to come off there,

T1-32.266
T2-27.398
T3-15.998

Last edited:
I was hoping the ghost bug would have been fixed by now, my game still freezes when loading a ghost.

What's bus stop? :dopey:

Not sure if I've ever driven this track, maybe in some a-spec race. A second off the pace first 15 laps. :guilty:

So is the white road surface in turn one or anywhere else you find it legal, isn't it called blonko-vault or albino-vault? You know white asphault? :)

Current best clean splits.

Gone half a second faster with dirty sectors 2 & 3 so that's my target now.

Back