GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 35 : Weds Forest

• Thread starter EDK
  • 231 comments
Thought I would have a quick go before I really try my hardest at the weekend to nail this (I love this course, so it makes it easier!)

T1: 25.671
T2: 29.849

Managed to take over 4seconds off my initial time, and not where I'm gonna find any more to shave off, but I'm gonna try to get at least another half-a-second off

EDK
Was thinking it might take away from your practice time. ;)

...in a wonderful, infinitely variable number of ways. :P

Another small step though... (she's asleep on the sofa at the moment :) )

My best so far have been a 24.253 1st sector and a 28.165 2nd sector. 3rd sector on this lap is my best yet by a tenth but I'm now looking for best sectors together.... so about 0.2 on the lap. I think.

Setup:

Transmission
Top speed 155mph

LSD
5/12/7

Suspension
5/-10
18.0/17.1
9/7
9/7
5/5
3.0/1.0
-0.20/-0.20

Brakes
3/7

Nice to see that even after the much anticipated Spec II update, they still haven't fixed the reversed suspension settings. :indiff:

It's been a while for me, last event I took part was week 14. :crazy:

First splits
T1: 24.481
T2: 28.248

I can't wait to do a combo on Spa :D

Thanks for posting the setup Chris, a true help, last time at monaco i used your exact setup and it was over a second quicker than my friends setup who usually seems to nail setups spot on, going to have another go now.

I'm pretty much a noob at tuning... Vagabond, I will give your settings a try tomorrow. But I'm already having fun with this combo!

Thanks Chris, as always great tune 👍👍, already saw a 52.6x but choked :crazy:

New splits

T1: 24.543
T2: 28.340

Just took off .65, new splits:

T1-24.340
T2-28.003

Have seen a .1 T1 and .9 T2 so more abit more to come

I am never posting my setup again.... :cool:

Great splits guys 👍

Just now I sat down to run the combo, bought the car, did it all down to tuning. Started marking t times, came back to check... Killing everyone on deep forest reverse!!!

Back later after some laps on the right course.:dunce:

T1: 24.836
T2: 28.493

Its nice not to have to start from the very bottom of the splits board this time.:)

T1: 24.559
T2: 28.577

Had to get ahead of Lefty again on the splits board. hahaha

T1: 24.530
T2: 28.491

This combo is extremly fun. Ive been doing my own tuning with a little tweak here and a little tweak there and its insane how much speed I can now take thru the last corner compared to when I first started with the car stock. I should give the tune Chris posted a shot but I love tuning as much as I love driving in GT5.

T1: 24.552
T2: 28.318

Last edited:
Goddam that on-screen timer...

Haha, know exactly what you mean mate :)

I went so far to put a piece of paper over the timer on the screen some time ago, but it actually doesn't help much, as you can feel it's fast anyway...

My first WRS event!

1st session last night - T1: 24.656
T2: 28.636
Fun track with this grippy car.

Questions: Do I only post the total lap time when submitting my final time to the fetchbot? No splits?

Thanks.

Last edited:
ncrthree
Questions: Do I only post the total lap time when submitting my final time to the fetchbot? No splits?

Yes.... only total lap time, in one line... 👍

And remember to use capital 'T' in the word 'Time'... otherwise the fetchbot reject it..
(Also make sure to match capital letters in the subject-line when submitting)

EDIT: Btw: Welcome to WRS :sly:

T1- 24.176
T2- 28.107

Still on stock settings. Will use the setup posted by Chris as I normally go well with his.

First session, not sure what to make of it yet but I got an idea about a few places I might be able to cut some time. I assume we don't care about the solid lines like back when we did the reverse?

First session, not sure what to make of it yet but I got an idea about a few places I might be able to cut some time. I assume we don't care about the solid lines like back when we did the reverse?

Right, but be careful of the surfaces that are not tarmac or rumble.

Will use the setup posted by Chris as I normally go well with his.

You're quite fast enough already, thanks :)

Nice T2 Jonas 👍

Small step in splits, up 0.15 at the line.

24.293 (uncanny - same as previous best lap)

Have seen 24.1s and 28.0s now so looking for about 0.3 on the lap. I reckon my 3rd sector is about as fast as I can go.

Jonas mate - watch out for the cobbles outside the line in the tunnel. That was nearly the ruin of my current best lap but there is a thin strip of tarmac just before the cobbles start. :)

EDK
Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

👍

Hey Simon, nice to see you about :cheers: Yeah that last turn is a bugger. I'm just lifting and changing down a gear, then nail it on the exit and change back up to 6th.

Cheers Chris, good to be back. Have not raced all summer, but now weather is getting perfect for racing.

I have been caught up in lots of online shuffle fun lately, and realize how much I suck on most tracks. The tracks I do best are clearly those I have WRS'ed to death before. So now!

I did 10 laps on default setup and got the final corner nailed, thanks mate! But still way off the pace.

Then I changed downforce to max and instantly got a full second on lap time. From first 10 laps with it:

Lots of wiggling and smoke and much to work with. Now with your tune and a few hundred laps I might get there :dunce:

Fun car btw 👍

First splits, stock.

Had a little drift exiting the first corner, lost a fair amount of time there.

Latest splits, some improvement.

T1, 25.242
T2, 29.124

Back