GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 37 : The Tsukuba 500

• Thread starter EDK
  • 182 comments
I just noticed that I have had the suspension settings the wrong way around all week with damper comp and extension at 1/10 and ARB at 1/7. Changed it to the right way and immediately got - aboslutely no change at all in lap times.

I have seen better splits on all sections but I cant get them all together just done my last runs with this combo hopefully T3 might push me up a bit but I dont think it will. So Iam going to submit with these splits.

T1: 16.977
T2: 21.162

I just noticed that I have had the suspension settings the wrong way around all week with damper comp and extension at 1/10 and ARB at 1/7. Changed it to the right way and immediately got - aboslutely no change at all in lap times.

:lol: I forgot to mention that... I've tried just about every suspension setup, mixing and matching ride height and spring settings and this car doesn't seem very responsive no matter what you do. I mean yes, it feels slightly different but it deosn't seem to affect how fast you can go. :dopey:

New splits:
T1: 16.911
T2: 20.969

Still another couple tenths left on the track. Silver Bullet is running good, just have to eliminate user error.

Edit: Further examination of replay showed 3 wheels off so toss out that lap, and unfortunately I saved over my next best.

So I did this:
T1: 16.850
T2: 20.877

And it's clean!

Last edited:
After a 4 hour session I couldn't even get within 3 tenths off my current best. I tried every possible setting, different lines, different settings of the wheel and I even tried ABS 0 but no matter what, I didn't improve. Therefore I decided not to submit. I really look forward to watching your replay as I have no idea what I did wrong.

Good luck to the ones still trying.👍

Well changed tunes, mixed tunes, and this is my best. Submitting with these splits.

T1 16.957
T2 21.100

Also looking forward to the replays to see what people do in T1. Does anyone know what difference running the car in does? Mine had 131 but I didn't bother putting any more laps on. Hopefully it's not that much of a time difference.

New Splits:
T1: 16.802
T2: 20.915

Lap was 4 hundredths faster at the line. I'm about 1 hundredth from reaching target time but still think I have more in me.

Did some more laps and I have come to the stage where I can lap consistently within two tenths of my best which normally means one of two things. Either I've fallen into a groove or I'm near my maximum, I don't know which.

Anyway, only 1/100 better at T2 but a 4/100 across the line.

Probably my best T1 but I've seen a T2 about 0.2s lower. I have been (and am still) struggling a lot with this one. Coming out of those hairpins is very painful. I just switched to manual transmission, that might help somewhat...

Trying the other setup posted on here, 0.125 with maybe 0.15 to come, been faster at T2 alot but last sector was sinterlating(borderline dirty on last corner will have to look again), looking for a low .6 T2 with solid last sector to be happy enough, can't wait to forget about Week 37!!

T1-16.798
T2-20.957

Finally got myself into the 37's and I even finished the lap off reasonably quickly :)
T1 16.898
T2 21.034

Off to Spa!

Submitted with splits on the board.
Very busy at Spa Francorchamps. ;)

Having so much fun on Spa that i can´t imagine going back again to this little one. If only it had J.Lo inside :sly:

Good luck to anyone still running :cheers:

Submitting with:

T1: 16.710
T2: 20.878

Only available on the rear, and I was just thinking about reducing mine from full downforce, to get the rear sliding better. Peter, again with the handbrake! 👍

You know me Lucas, can't help myself, although it really does work well around here. Matched with Kev's gearbox and the HB in the last corner really works a treat. With Kev's transmission the punch out of that last corner is really awesome over the standard settings. 👍

Great to be back, even if it's only for a week :)

Submitting with slightly slower splits but a really nice T3

Busy weekend for me and I didn't make it back to this combo, so not going to submit my time that was from just one short session.

Will see you all over at Spa.

EDK
Busy weekend for me and I didn't make it back to this combo, so not going to submit my time that was from just one short session.

Will see you all over at Spa.

I'm in the same boat and won't submit this week either -- I didn't even get a split on the board. My father's visiting and not enough time to run.

I'm going to be a road block in the 3D3 races as I've had a total of 20 laps for this combo. My master plan is to start on pole in the 2nd - 4th sprint. :sly:

Submitting with the splits on the board. I think it's a solid T3 so I hope I can hold my position or even gain a few spots. Now I need to turn my attention to the 3D3 race and also Spa. The Silver Bullet is ready for Wednesday!

TsukubaCircuit.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

Kyoto-Gion.jpg

I think the chrome gives me an aerodynamic advantage.:dopey:

You know what they say, "if it don't go CROME IT" ...... :lol:

I just knocked another .2 off my OT using my 2 speed A/T w/ over drive :)

Now that I hit my last mile stone I'm out..... Good Luk to all the die hards 👍

Starting on my online alterations for Wed's on line round up..... Yeee Hawww "BRAZOS"

Not comfortable with T3, but I seem to have forgotten how to do it properly like a few days ago. Submitted with current splits.

Final splits

Used the handbrake in the hairpins, only worked on this lap then couldn't repeat. Seen slightly better T1s but T3 is about as good as it gets for me.

A quick heads up: I won't be able to post the results for this week's event until tomorrow morning my time (about 17 hours from now... somewhere near 1700 UTC).

Time to submit (with current splits) while I still have some hair left... Couldn't even come close to my best time. Can't wait to see your replays!

Had another go at this one still have not hit my target time with it. Slower splits but a quicker lap. submitting with these splits

In a straith line I could possibly drive this car a bit better than on this track.

MadMax

Back