GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 37 : The Tsukuba 500

• Thread starter EDK
  • 182 comments
EDK
Try my tune out, I've only run about 20 minutes worth of laps so far and my splits are respectable. And it's with stock HP.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6102385#post6102385

Cool - ill be on it again later as I'm all Forza'd out at the moment and it's great to race some WRS :)

I'll try the tune, get the car up to power and adapt to the physics - they are totally different versus Forza's, you can absolutely thrash the car in GT5 whereas I have to be a lot gentler in F4, so it's that bit I need to work out more than anything. Was racing here last night in an MR-S and got a time in the top 300 so I should be alright.

This wheel is amazing btw, the only annoying thing is that fact the PS3 needs a cable (xbox is wireless) and they provide a ridiculously short cable, I have to sit stupidly close :(

CSR Elite pedals will be joining the party before Xmas 👍 :sly:

Slower 1 and 2 but faster overall. Weird but whatever.

T1:17.161
T2:21.262

Only available on the rear, and I was just thinking about reducing mine from full downforce, to get the rear sliding better. Peter, again with the handbrake! 👍

Before you leave for the weekend, Kev, is there anything in the rules against using worse tires than than specified in the OP? I wanted to see what Comfort Hards on the rear would do. :dopey:

Only available on the rear, and I was just thinking about reducing mine from full downforce, to get the rear sliding better. Peter, again with the handbrake! 👍

Before you leave for the weekend, Kev, is there anything in the rules against using worse tires than than specified in the OP? I wanted to see what Comfort Hards on the rear would do. :dopey:

Tires are specified and not optional in the first post, so no, you can't use hards on the back.

Typically, that compound change can make the car more fun and easier to drive, but most of the time will not result in actually being faster.

Like I said before, I've probably run this a total of 30 minutes, including testing. I'm really not getting a lot of the understeer people are talking about with my setup, other than that which typically comes with N2 tires.

Yeah. I had no aero nor full transmission. Put Kevs tune on it and got

...with 127hp

Then I checked the power limiter.... 97.3% :(

Have used this car before it seems and dropped the power! more laps then....

More power gives me worse T1s!

Pretty much as good as I can do. Sweet T3

Last edited:
EDK
Tires are specified and not optional in the first post, so no, you can't use hards on the back.

Typically, that compound change can make the car more fun and easier to drive, but most of the time will not result in actually being faster.

Like I said before, I've probably run this a total of 30 minutes, including testing. I'm really not getting a lot of the understeer people are talking about with my setup, other than that which typically comes with N2 tires.

Totally cool, consider it dropped. 👍 Was just really surprised that I could easily match my WRS time when I tried your tune in my online lounge, with a super slidey rear end, due to the offline vs online grip differences. :odd:

New Splits:
T1: 16.889
T2: 21.116

I messed up T2 pretty bad, two tenths slower than the lap before.:ouch:
Still at 131 HP, I need to let Bob run a few laps.

Maybe .1 left. Think I'm near my limit.

What is max hp anyway? I'm at 132.

Starting late! Here's my first splits.

T1 17.037
T2 21.202

Got the motor up to 134hp, need to try changing tunes.

Last edited:

I need to work on the first sector.

Edit:

Last edited:
Had another go, instantly improving slightly, and then spent another half an hour geting low .7s-high .6s by T2... didn't improve though as my last sector on splits below was near perfect,

T1-16.873
T2-20.953

Can't help thinking im on the wrong setup, being similar in pace to most of the guys up there and in this, my best time by T2 is still .3 off, what are some of the top 5 using please?

@Spy, awesome splits buddy and good to see that .3 at T2! Good luck with your OT!

@MarkyBoy, I used most of EDK's tune, but I think I had front Ride Height at 0, not +50, then switched the Dampers Extension around from 10/1 to 1/10. Hope this helps. :)

Moving house now, so will submit with splits on board. Didn't get much time this week, but hopefully my OT is o.k. Best of luck to all :D

What is max hp anyway? I'm at 132.

Since otxjto said he had 134 HP, today I went and ran 30 more laps in practice and am now up to 134 HP myself.

Does anyone have more than 134 HP on their car?

T1: 16.863
T2: 20.777

Last edited:
T1: 16.903
T2: 21.172
The time to T2 is a tiny but slower than before, but .18 faster at the line

I just can't get going in this car, everything I do, doesn't help. I changed the color and beat my best by .002! I might try again tomorrow but for now I'm beat.

I have been grinding my teeth over this, had two fruitless sessions where nothing worked and only got worse.

But a good night's sleep and watching some replays to the cure!

T3 a bit messy. I am really exited to see what T3's you guys come up with. I have just found another 0.1 in it that I did not know of before, so I wonder what you have found.

I have been grinding my teeth over this, had two fruitless sessions where nothing worked and only got worse.

But a good night's sleep and watching some replays to the cure!

T3 a bit messy. I am really exited to see what T3's you guys come up with. I have just found another 0.1 in it that I did not know of before, so I wonder what you have found.

Great run from T1 to T2 mate 👍👍

My T3 is also not perfect so we'll see who jumps who at the finish line.. :)

spy.

Just got a blue number flashed up on the screen as I crossed the line, was super stoked I finally beat my time again after tons of effort. Watched my replay but was really confused about what my new OT was and how much better it was.

Took awhile to figure out I tied my best OT.

Thats pretty crazy, thats something I have never done before ever in a TT.

I better beat both my best OTs. lol

Great run from T1 to T2 mate 👍👍

My T3 is also not perfect so we'll see who jumps who at the finish line.. :)

spy.

It may be so close :nervous:

I am tempted to give it another shot at that 0.1 or more in T3, now that things have started to come together.

But then, I am also tempted to jump right in the spa.

-- update --

While Bob is off breaking in the Schultze on another PS3... 0.004 shaved off, 0.003 off lap time, and now the car is so pink I can barely stand watching it.

Last edited:
Wow Simon... are your pants on fire mate? Fantastic 👍 Its going to be close between you and Spy... :scared: Great sectors both of you. You too Welsh_Don - not far off there. 👍

I've had a frustrating week with this combo. Started well but I've failed to improve the lap time since my last splits. I've done better sectors in all 3 but just can't put them together. And now Spa is up I may not get another run in so might have to just submit what I've got. Its an ok lap but best sectors say I can go 3 tenths quicker.... pretty much the same as every week but 0.3 round Tsukuba is alot to leave out there.

Ah well, it's been a fun combo anyway. Great little tub to chase around here. :) Good luck to anyone still running. :cheers:

Back