GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 38 : Rock the KazSpa

• Thread starter EDK
  • 219 comments
I didn't know that, that sucks. It must be PD's way of trying to sell wheels.
But it would be 10 times harder if you could turn the wheel as far with a DS3. There's probably a video of someone turning tight circles with a wheel.

Chipping away the tenths now, and there's got to be more, 'cause my ghost was slowly gaining on me through T2.

1'02.832

Keep throwing the lap away by outbraking myself at the bus stop:ouch:

T1- 34.162
T2- 1.01.912

Hey Ramon - nice to see you drop in every now and then :cheers:

Rutter - unreal mate. Epic 1st sector. 👍

I've reached an impasse with this car at the mo. Can't seem to get it round a corner without power understeering off the edge. Either that or just way too slow in the exits. :dunce:

I'll make this observation though... The Spec II update has seemingly neutered the responsiveness to setup changes. I've found this for the last 3 weeks - no matter what I do with the suspension and LSD, it doesn't seem to really affect the way the car behaves at the limit. Its quite bizarre and not a little frustrating. Anyone else finding this at all?

Drat, I'll have to wait until the DLC is transferable in December to participate in WRS again. :(

I'll make this observation though... The Spec II update has seemingly neutered the responsiveness to setup changes. I've found this for the last 3 weeks - no matter what I do with the suspension and LSD, it doesn't seem to really affect the way the car behaves at the limit. Its quite bizarre and not a little frustrating. Anyone else finding this at all?

Yes I've also noticed that no matter what I change in setup the car feels the pretty much the same. Very difficult to notice/feel any change in the cars handling.

Drat, I'll have to wait until the DLC is transferable in December to participate in WRS again. :(

I won't be using DLC every week. This is a special case, with the new track.

New Splits:

T1: 34.510
T2: 1'02.542

Your move Lucas:sly: Just kidding, but I'm not going to even post the time I just had at T2 and slid off at Blanchimont as it makes me want to puke. Still not confident in my T3.

Wow! Spa in GT5 looks awesome guys 👍 Better late than never i guess :dopey:

Someday i will boot GT5 again and download the updates!... Enjoy :cheers:

About 2 hours today and not many clean laps to show for it, I'm a red-flag magnet. :) Eventually managed a fast one so I'm calling it quits while I'm in a good mood!

1'02.025

Not a very good T3, clipped the outside green stuff right after T2 which unsettled the car and I still haven't been able to get even close to flat out through that last left... Might submit this and be done with it, will see how I feel about it tomorrow :sly:

T1: 34.361
T2: 1'02.472

Who needs ABS?:dopey:
Loving my load cell brake.:sly:

T1: 34.305
T2: 1'02.576
Even worse splits but a great T3.

Last edited:
Finally back to this.

New splits.
T1 34.868
T2 1'04.020

Next
T1 34.876
T2 1'03.818

Last edited:
And I did miss one apex in the right/left turn (Campus) at the end of T2, so I'm hoping to get that one sorted along with the rest of the lap :scared:

Edit:
After looking at the leaderboard again. I'm just a hair in front of you.
.024 is not even a hair :lol:

Last edited:
Looks like someone is doing a job interview for D2. ;) :lol:

You betcha. 👍

New Splits:

T1: 34.510
T2: 1'02.542

Your move Lucas:sly: Just kidding, but I'm not going to even post the time I just had at T2 and slid off at Blanchimont as it makes me want to puke. Still not confident in my T3.

How about this for my next move: :sly:

1'02.704

Really hoping to get T2 down a few more tenths. I kept getting little adrenaline rushes when I was ahead of yesterday's ghost. 👍

The Spec II update has seemingly neutered the responsiveness to setup changes. I've found this for the last 3 weeks - no matter what I do with the suspension and LSD, it doesn't seem to really affect the way the car behaves at the limit. Its quite bizarre and not a little frustrating. Anyone else finding this at all?

I have used several different setups and combinations of the F/R dif setups and I have a very different result and it was very noticable. I also found the suspension to also be very adjustable w/ different results, so no detectable dumbigng down in any area that I can determin :dunce:

You betcha. 👍

How about this for my next move: :sly:

1'02.704

Really hoping to get T2 down a few more tenths. I kept getting little adrenaline rushes when I was ahead of yesterday's ghost. 👍

Awesome job.👍 Back to the track for me.

T1: 34.604
T2: 64.071

A little better T2 but still trying to wire the uphill

T1: 35.035
T2: 1’03.509 (Fetchy WTF? Why do you treat my times different then everyone elses...... Grrrrr
Looks like it's more spoon feeding :banghead:

Crazy times in T2, I just wish I had more attack for that hill :dunce:

T1: 35.108
T2: 63.277

Last edited:
Still chasing you down Jonas, you devil :mischievous:

Jeebus Lucas - great job mate. 3D3 working some magic...? 👍

Nice splits Wes - how bad is bad though...? :sly: Looks like I have some work to do... 💡

I have used several different setups and combinations of the F/R dif setups and I have a very different result and it was very noticable. I also found the suspension to also be very adjustable w/ different results, so no detectable dumbigng down in any area that I can determin :dunce:

Not to offer offence Lefty but I'm about 2 seconds faster than you at this point (or a minute slower :dopey:) so I dare say I'm pushing the car closer to its limits.... and Rutter is even closer to the limit that that.

The problem seems to be related to the way they've changed the tyre heating calculation with relation to grip drop-off. There doesn't seem to be a setup any more that allows you to gain more from the tyres by balancing the car better. I'm reaching the limit of grip the same way no matter the setup. LSD settings seem to have a noticeable effect on exits but not one that really changes how fast you can get on the power.

At this point I'm looking for about 3 tenths to get a lap I'm happy with. Rutter and Ramon are mental. :scared:

Last edited:
last splits

1'03.407

*looks at leaderboard*
Is this the same Lucas I've been competing with a few months ago? :lol:

Nice splits Wes - how bad is bad though...? :sly: Looks like I have some work to do... 💡
I lost about 2 tenths to my best, but I'll beat that time today or tomorrow anyway.:sly:

The problem seems to be related to the way they've changed the tyre heating calculation with relation to grip drop-off. There doesn't seem to be a setup any more that allows you to gain more from the tyres by balancing the car better. I'm reaching the limit of grip the same way no matter the setup. LSD settings seem to have a noticeable affect on exits but not one that really changes how fast you can get on the power.

Is this true for all cars since Spec II or maybe just this particular car (which is new)?

On another note I'm on the razors edge with my wheel. A bunch of cracks developed and one chunk of plastic has fallen off the face where five screws keep the wheel secured. I'm not sure this thing is going to hold up for my planned WRS run today or even the 3D3 races on Wednesday. :scared: It held up long enough to win my series race at Spa today thank heavens 👍, but this track and my heavy hands are giving the wheel a beating. Worst case scenario my div 2 debut will delayed a few weeks until the mfg can get me replacement parts (or an entirely new wheel). 👎

Not to offer offence Lefty but I'm about 2 seconds faster than you at this point (or a minute slower :dopey:) so I dare say I'm pushing the car closer to its limits.... and Rutter is even closer to the limit that that.

Never a prob "V" just glad to know you'll still talk to me after last Wed. :lol:

I know that my T1 prob is all me because I have done faster in T1 so I think it's some kind of trim issue that is a byproduct of trying to tune for T2, it must be effecting what I need as far as handling goes so I can scorch T1. There must be some kind of trade off occurring.

I'm using the Zocky first lap method and it seems to be working the best for me so far.

Back