GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 38 : Rock the KazSpa

• Thread starter EDK
  • 219 comments
Finally got the time that's been threatening for the last couple of days. Managed to keep the throttle open through Eau Rouge/Raidillion but have to drop down to 5th to do it.

1'04.277

My last lap of the day has yielded by best lap. Was close to just quitting after I missed an apex in T2 but I thought sod it I'll continue and ended up having a belting T3.

T1- 34.029
T2- 1.02.039

Hmmm do I go chasing that .1 in T2 tomorrow night?:ill:

My last lap of the day has yielded by best lap. Was close to just quitting after I missed an apex in T2 but I thought sod it I'll continue and ended up having a belting T3.

T1- 34.029
T2- 1.02.039

No.

Wow, some T1 Rutter... Can't wait to see how you did that.
Unless you stopped for cof..., I'm sorry, tea, at the bus stop I don't think anyone's going to catch you so I don't think it matters! Unless you're shooting for a promotion to gold perhaps? :)

Hi guys, am I right in assuming that the light brown material (tiles) on the outside of the of the curb on the apex of malmedy would not be considered track. Thank's in advance for any help

Hi guys, am I right in assuming that the light brown material (tiles) on the outside of the of the curb on the apex of malmedy would not be considered track. Thank's in advance for any help

EDK
Race Specifics:
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track.

Yes, you are right :)

Jeebus Lucas - great job mate. 3D3 working some magic...? 👍

last splits
*looks at leaderboard*
Is this the same Lucas I've been competing with a few months ago? :lol:

Thanks guys. :) I'm the same guy, but I've learned so much from our 3D3 online races. Tim's mantra of running for a while with online slipperier physics and then going back to offline stickiness really does help. 👍 700 miles so far this week also helps. :D

Is this true for all cars since Spec II or maybe just this particular car (which is new)?

On another note I'm on the razors edge with my wheel. A bunch of cracks developed and one chunk of plastic has fallen off the face where five screws keep the wheel secured. I'm not sure this thing is going to hold up for my planned WRS run today or even the 3D3 races on Wednesday. :scared: It held up long enough to win my series race at Spa today thank heavens 👍, but this track and my heavy hands are giving the wheel a beating. Worst case scenario my div 2 debut will delayed a few weeks until the mfg can get me replacement parts (or an entirely new wheel). 👎

Holy crap, Tim! That sucks, sorry to hear that.

yanaran
Wow, some T1 Rutter... Can't wait to see how you did that.)

What I do is before the lap even starts is to hug as far over to the right at the bus stop then fire it out of the left which gives a couple extra mph down the straight. Then turn 1 is so vital to get the run all the way up to the chicane.

Just checked my lap and it's close at the bottom of eau rouge. I will triple check later but initial thoughts are it's clean.

... but I've learned so much from our 3D3 online races. Tim's mantra of running for a while with online slipperier physics and then going back to offline stickiness really does help. ...

This brought me up a touch too. Suddenly I see more openings of competing for a podium.

Somewhat late to the party, I've JUST got Spa installed - will give it a try, but I'm under no illusions of being competitive, especially when I see the mileage some are running.

If it's a complete disaster, I may go straight to Rome... :lol:

There are so many tenths left it is not even funny, and I only yesterday began to get a feel for the car.

Not sure if I will have time for more tonight, submitting with these splits for now.

Submitting with these. I hoped to do some laps last weekend but I didn't had the time (damn you broken engine)
Didn't even had the time to take some decent pictures :grumpy:

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3-1.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_4-1.jpg

Last splits:

T1: 35.127
T2: 1'03.068

It was a very difficult week. I never found a good rythm because 90% of my attempts ended in Eau Rouge.

Stick a fork in me "I'm done" :) "Submitted"

I remember when I first crossed paths w/ Spa in Shift and I just hated this track and I did everything to avoid it. As time weathered on it grew on me like some invading virus as I started to understand the magic of this place. Then I saw the race on TV and that was all she wrote, the track was visually breath taking and I have been hooked ever since. It's on my bucket list along w/ the Ring to at least visit or if fate is in my favor get to drive around them someday. :)

"on to Rome" reverse, "Rome to on!" :)

Last edited:
Submitted with current splits on the board,

I tried some of the posted tunes and my own using the apex book but i ran better laps with the car as it came. never reached max HP as i wanted to give Battlefield 3 a good play the last 2 weeks before the game i really want, Modern Warfare 3 comes out tonight at midnight(EST)

Just doublechecked and found my replay dirty on entry to the last chikane. And my second-fastest replay dirty on Stavelot exit :ouch:

So now I have to either unsubmit in disgrace, or put down a faster time.

What a week :ill:

Don´t know why but never got the handling on the car the right way, and every minor mistake imediatly caused a trash lap, but if i pushed to far it was a red lap.

Going to submit but left a lot on the track, so many times ahead of the ghost but lost to it all the time.
On top of that T3 is also :yuck: , so submiting only to say that i was on the first WRS on Spa :sly: (loved the track).

Final splits:
T1: 34.368
T2: 1'02.692

Best of luck those still chasing that last tenth :cheers:

Submitted with the splits on the board. In one sense I'm totally happy because I've put myself in a position to win D2 with a good run to the finish line, but on the otherhand I blew at least 5 runs at Blanchimont that were a tenth or two faster.:yuck: Oh well, it was a fun/headache inducing week. Now to get ready for 3D3.

There are some great times on the board guys :drool:

I'm going to submit with:

1'03.583

Definitely not my best, i've taken every corner faster, but this is the fastest I could manage in a week :)

Good luck all, and what a fun week it was, thx Kev 👍

The challenge has been laid.... go for it Simon 👍

I'm still running, chasing about 3 tenths straight after dinner :)

I am on it. What is an old addict to do?

Good luck to you mate 👍 ... and to everybody else still struggling :gtpflag:

Ok... Making a last minute push as long as the wheel doesn't get any worse. This is the first split from the 2nd lap of my session. I decided to check my settings and I've been running without max DF all week. :dunce: I hope there is more to come over the next couple hours, but finally got something worth submitting.

T1: 34.415
T2: 1'02.833

Ok... Making a last minute push as long as the wheel doesn't get any worse. This is the first split from the 2nd lap of my session. I decided to check my settings and I've been running without max DF all week. :dunce: I hope there is more to come over the next couple hours, but finally got something worth submitting.

T1: 34.415
T2: 1'02.833

Noooo! Stay away you.

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree with speedy, you stop it right now Tim. I think you need to practice for 3D3, not this.: sly:

Well I wish I had spend a LOT of time lapping this great new track this week, but RL stuff said no :(
Surely hope to be there next time the WRS lords decide to be there again.

Long live the WRS :cheers:

Have had to run again tonight as my best lap was dirty:ouch: Come up with these splits. Had a magic lap which ended horribly in T3. Had .0 T1 then .8 in T2. I could have cried:ill:

T1- 34.057
T2- 1.02.011

Disappointed not to improve tonight. The speed was there, the execution was not. Really hard week. Submitted the with the current lap.

Have had to run again tonight as my best lap was dirty:ouch: Come up with these splits. Had a magic lap which ended horribly in T3. Had .0 T1 then .8 in T2. I could have cried:ill:

T1- 34.057
T2- 1.02.011
Because the gap is too tiny now?:crazy:

After 2.070 km and lots of sweat and tears and good T2's I'm done trying. This car got the better of me this week. I'm sorry but I won't be submitting.
Looking forward to the 3D3 race at least.:)

Last edited:
Back