GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 5 : That Thing is an Isuzu? Really?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 434 comments
I love the WRS.

Been playing gran Turismo since the beginning, but have never enjoyed it as much as I have the last 5 weeks. The level of competition us astonishing! It's very close and the community here Is fantastic 👍

Been giving this 1 last go, have seen some very good T2 splits for mr, but keep pushing so hard on T3 that I then mess it up! :( I'll get there in the end!

Edit:

Managed to hot some splits I liked!

Submitting with these:

T1: 23.743
T2: 23.531

I know there is atleast .2 still out there in T2, just can't get the car to do what I want!!

See you in Monaco :)

Last edited:
Thank you, Kevin. There are no feelings of animosity towards anyone for my part, and I hope no one else does. I'm confident things will get sorted out.
I remember that week vividly, as that was the closest I came to winning D2. I was crushed when Clemi beat me, as he always did at the time. :ill:
Now I'm ready to get back on the track with another great combo.
Good luck to all my fellow racers!! :cheers:

Race On!! :gtpflag:

Time submitted with posted splits.

Last edited:
I was struggling earlier in the week with this one to the point that I was thinking I wouldn't even submit but I squeezed in a quick half hour session this morning and blazed a half second off my lap time. It's amazing what a break and some fresh eyes can do. I think I'll put this one to bed and start on Week 6.

Hat tip to Vagabond for the tune! :cheers:

I have only had a wheel since Christmas so I'm still learning. Me & Lefty used to race each other In the NFS Shift league & we was always close, We both come to the WRS & were still close but now have the threat of a 12 year old little lefty all over us.
Doing these events Is so fun & challenging what with comfort tyres & all that, The only time I run on comfort/sports Is In the WRS & sometimes when I run with guys from SCC. You learn so much regarding smoothness, Braking & throttle control & It opens up a whole new leval of enjoyment from the cars & the game.
I find I'm bettering myself, Which Is my goal, But most of all enjoying It. hhich to me Is the best part of all.
There's some really quick guys on here that pump really quick times. Good for them thats what I say. Dedication rewards. Respect guys.
Each division seem really close & competitive & were only on week 5 the boards will change over the next few months as people's addictions for these enjoyable events progress these skill to a new high.

So lets give each other some support & enjoy It gents.

Well said. 👍

Corne - it is great fun this combo but this car is one that rewards you for smoothness rather than aggressive driving. Wind it all in a bit, early and easy on the breaks, turn in smoothly, hold it and feed the power in fast but a bit later.

Hmm me and the DS3 are not the best combination for smoothness lol, more banzai style. Was able to knock 9/10's of the lap by calming it down a bit and using your updated ratios though, so cheers Chris:tup:

Submitting with new splits:

Hmm me and the DS3 are not the best combination for smoothness lol, more banzai style. Was able to knock 9/10's of the lap by calming it down a bit and using your updated ratios though, so cheers Chris:tup:

No worries mate. Great improvement 👍

After a week of sickness back at the wheel and a little improvement.

T1: 23.934
T2: 24.247
1+2 48.181

Looking for at least 23's in T1 & 2 and then together in one lap please.

Slower splits, but better lap. :)
Worked today a bit at my setup.
kfz-mechaniker.gif

I think i will have tomorrow one more try.
smilie_fahren.gif

When the talk about sandbagging starts, I feel under attack especially after a good week (week 4) and I would like to make my statements.

1. If you are fast, you don't care about sandbaggers.
2. If you race with a wheel, try driving an SLS the first time you ever played on ps3 any racing game with ds3 with all aids OFF in the hardest and most tiring circuit in the whole game.
3. If you race with a ds3 you can be a lot more aggresive with the car, so when FF cars come into place, expect big differences in the results.
4. Why can't you accept that when the qualifier was run, some people had the ps3 only 10-20 days. Not everyone affords right away a combo (PS3, HDTV, 5.1). Now it's about 3 months after that, should they keep going slow? I don't think so.
5. Instead of crying over the net about the bad sandbaggers that stole your first position why don't you run a few more hotlaps with various cars? And accept the fact that in the mixed ranks you would get the same placement anyway.

PS. Many people can think I'm a sandbagger, so I'll declare my goal.
My first goal for wrs is have fun and become a better driver, my second goal is to never lose the first place of my division. So if I ever have the honor to become a div1 driver, I'll try my best (and probably lose every time) but reminder, goal no 1 is have FUN!!!

T1 23.758
T2 23.383

I am done with this one, it surely was a pain. I guess I finally got a decent time so I am going to give up.

Slightly faster lap but with slightly slower splits.

T1: 23.672
T2: 23.206

Submitting. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

Now on to the next. "Monaco baby! Yeah!"

When the talk about sandbagging starts, I feel under attack especially after a good week (week 4) and I would like to make my statements.

1. If you are fast, you don't care about sandbaggers.
2. If you race with a wheel, try driving an SLS the first time you ever played on ps3 any racing game with ds3 with all aids OFF in the hardest and most tiring circuit in the whole game.
3. If you race with a ds3 you can be a lot more aggresive with the car, so when FF cars come into place, expect big differences in the results.
4. Why can't you accept that when the qualifier was run, some people had the ps3 only 10-20 days. Not everyone affords right away a combo (PS3, HDTV, 5.1). Now it's about 3 months after that, should they keep going slow? I don't think so.
5. Instead of crying over the net about the bad sandbaggers that stole your first position why don't you run a few more hotlaps with various cars? And accept the fact that in the mixed ranks you would get the same placement anyway.

PS. Many people can think I'm a sandbagger, so I'll declare my goal.
My first goal for wrs is have fun and become a better driver, my second goal is to never lose the first place of my division. So if I ever have the honor to become a div1 driver, I'll try my best (and probably lose every time) but reminder, goal no 1 is have FUN!!!

Mate don't take it personally, none of this was directed at you.

You keep doing what your doing and moving up the ranks, having fun along the way. I wish i could take the WRS as fun, but i am too competitive.

So enjoy it, forget about comments made on here that get in the way of you having fun.

Josh.

Some splits for me. I might have a chance to improve this later tonight. Had a better lap, but it was red clocked due to dipping an extra tire after T1. :ouch:

Worst splits but overall a much better lap.

T1: 23.777
T2: 22.958

Submited because i´m going to Monaco :dopey:

Good luck to all 👍

Sadly this was with TC 2 and the DS3. I was about 0.5 slower last night with the wheel.

Had time for a quick run before bed and managed to get into my goal range. Submitting now with -

I used Rudi's posted tune for my run this week. :cheers: for the tune, Rudi, your way of taming the MR's always seems to suit me. 👍

Time submitted with new (but pretty much the same) splits...
I just can't seem to put it together this week :grumpy:

:cheers: and good luck all 👍

I've only been able to run 63 miles total this week, been way to busy to spend quality time with the wheel. This car does not agree with me in any way at all. Even the lap with these splits felt slow and out of control. May have an hour tomorrow to work on getting faster but I have a feeling this will be my worst showing so far. To Chuk and the other fast D3 guys,👍. Keep representing.

T1: 0'23.882
T2: 0'23.520

I have submitted a time. It was set four days ago and I have been chasing it ever since with no luck. Been up at T2 several times but have never been able to reproduce the final sector. Don't think I will bother with another stint.

Used Rudi Raser's tune for this. Thanks for sharing Sascha.:cheers:

I had another go at it last night and improved T2.
Looking to try again today to put it all together.

Last edited:
Submitted, can't say I'm that happy with the lap as I lost .1 on my consistent T3s, but never mind, there's always more time to find!

Good luck all.

No sandbagging here but just plain old slow:

Never liked MR cars, never will. They always seem happy to wiggle their tail at the moments you can use it the least 👎

Must confess I've not been trying too hard because of the car character and tiredness kicking in during evenings when I would normally be behind the wheel.

Maybe one more go this evening. Good luck to all in the final hours of this combo 👍

EDIT Kenny, I'm afraid 'fetchy' :D is not too happy about your post. I edited your previous splits manually to get them on anyway. It'd be better to do it like this (striken so as not to confuse him again):

I had another go at it last night and improved T2.
Looking to try again today to put it all together.

Best so far on a completed lap: 23.611

Last edited:
Couldn't resist a last little session on this one this morning and managed to knock an extra couple of hundredths off

Well I am doing the WRS on a Monday, as usual and getting a little annoyed with myself, as usual.:ouch: I currently have these splits.

T1: 23.756
T2: 23.179

I have been a tength quicker to T1 a number of times but I keep ruining the lap, this lap also doesn't have a great T3. I may have another go later, if not I will be submitting with these splits.

Getting a little more comfortable but running out of time. New splits:

T1: 0'23.771
T2: 0'23.420

T2 is killing me.

Had only time on a single day to during the past week, so I had another 1h session today:

T1: 23.853
T2: 23.232

Will be submitting with these splits.

Back