GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 5 : That Thing is an Isuzu? Really?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 434 comments
Finally....! Broke into the 22.8's in T2 :cheers: A slower T1... almost 0.1 slower than my best but by far the best T2 I've done all week and over 0.1 improvement to the line. Man am I stoked now :P

I'm well happy with my time... really think I'm done now. :)

T1: 23.596
T2: 22.875

Nice sectors!

Well done everyone! Its been another blast of a week. Particular congratulations to Chuk, Shigegaki and DDiamond for huge improvements over the week. 👍

Thanks! Still leaving a lot of time on the track....but learning! :)

I used custom gear ratios for this run and raised the rear suspension height from -20 to -15. LSD settings 10/43/21. I'll post up the gear ratios if anyone is interested.

I've been fiddling with those to get a little bit more acceleration..running top speed @ 162. I'm close but I would like to see yours!

Last edited:
I would get off your high-horse mate and forget about it.

After all, you are fighting this more than he is. And at the end of the day, the leaderboard has the final say no matter what is said in these forums.

Hardly a reason to not compete on your behalf.

P.S. Sorry about the double post mods!

Who are you addressing?

Gear ratios:

Set top speed at 162mph, then adjust ratios as follows:

1st: 3.054 (unchanged),
2nd: 1.964,
3rd: 1.473,
4th: 1.148,
5th: 0.945,
Final: 4.062 (unchanged)

This gives a new top speed calculation of 151mph. I use 2nd gear for turn 1 and for the left hander going into the tunnel. I could never get the shorter ratios to work (top speed 143mph) since I'm not smooth enough to get the drive out of the slower corners in 3rd.

Edit: Split times added again to try and get Fetchy to read them instead of the gear ratios...

Last edited:
Gear ratios:

Set top speed at 162mph, then adjust ratios as follows:

1st: 3.054 (unchanged)
2nd: 1.964
3rd: 1.473
4th: 1.148
5th: 0.945
Final: 4.062 (unchanged)

This gives a new top speed calculation of 151mph. I use 2nd gear for turn 1 and for the left hander going into the tunnel. I could never get the shorter ratios to work (top speed 143mph) since I'm not smooth enough to get the drive out of the slower corners in 3rd.

Thanks....Gonna give them a run a little later.

Very, very, very late start at this weeks combo due to a really heavy week workwise :(

Anyway, after having tried numerous set-ups to counter the massive lift-off oversteer, I poroduced these splits:

T1: 23.683
T2: 23.081

Determined to drop into the 22's at T2, and fortunately still have a couple of days to hopefully get there 👍

Haha, it seems Fetchbot, keen as ever, is reading my gear ratios as split times :lol:

So here's my splits again:

:)

The end Is nigh, So here's mine.

Stock car (No tuning parts)

1ST 2.577
2ND 1.794
3RD 1.411
4TH 1.132
5TH 0.935
FINAL 4.226

-10 height -17
6.9 spring 7.6
5 damper ex 5
5 damper com 5
5 roll bar 4

1.9 camber 2.0
0 toe 0
5 brake balance 5

Yep thats basically the definition of sandbagging good job.

IMO if you only spent 1hr on the qualifier you should only do 1hr each week.

or redo the qualifier now that its open again.

You shouldn't judge people just because you think someone sandbagged their qualifier. In that case, then I am with Chuk. I only spent a little time doing the qualifier because I work full time, I go to school full time each semester, & GT Academy Round 1 was happening. Just because we didn't have much time to do the qualifier doesn't mean that we intentionally tried to sandbag anything. Before you start calling people out, you should actually learn the person you are attacking story.

During WRS GT5P, I did only 3 rounds of WRS and qualified for D3 silver. Since then, of course I want to get back up the rankings. Why should I do the qualifier again? I qualified at a lower spot because I didn't spend enough time, and I am not complaining. Instead, I have placed top 3 so far 3 out of 4 rounds. And with round 5, I am doing quite well. I am hungry for those promotions, as well as improving my driving skill in GT5 as well as in real life. Just don't be so hasty to try to judge people is all I ask.

Totally agree with Shigegaki on this.

On another note. I know GTP_Vagabond Is quick but have your seen the board?

On another note. I know GTP_Vagabond Is quick but have your seen the board?

Hehe, Fetchbot is reading the gear ratio list as split times. He's done the same with yours now mate - you're 2nd overall 👍 :lol:

My splits again:

Wake up Fetchy :)

Yes. woop woop I have the fastest T1 lol bet that never happens again.

T1 23.746
T2 23.295

Back down the board I go.

I'm submitting. I had another 50 laps last night but only got to within a few hundredths of my previous time. Did get some 23.6 T1s here and there though.

Pretty happy with my time, hopefully it'll be good enough to stay in the top 3 in Div.3 come Monday evening. Looking forward to the next one already.

Good luck to everyone still racing, 'cept those in Div.3 who are about to jump ahead of me :) :crazy: :ouch:

First 30 laps using Vagabonds tune and I was loving this combo, felt like I was really pushing it to it's limits and then look at the leaderboard and realised how slow I was lol

Corne - it is great fun this combo but this car is one that rewards you for smoothness rather than aggressive driving. Wind it all in a bit, early and easy on the breaks, turn in smoothly, hold it and feed the power in fast but a bit later.

May try one last session later but as it stands I got 23's in both sectors and that was my personal goal.

23's barely but still there... I never drive comfort tires and this is my first crack at really running time trials and I'm surprised with the consistency that I've been able to achieve. Thanks again to all those that are making these events possible. It has definitely opened up a whole new aspect of GT5 for me!

Ballsed up the 3rd sector, losing about .12 off my best and lost .05 off my best in T1, but my best T2 by far. Going to try and knock another .1 off before submitting.

Have seen a .515 in T1. No match for Vagabond's .148! :P

@Vagabond - update.

Tried your gear ratios..good setup...but had to change the 5th gear to get to 151mph.....probably due to my engine setup.
Good push in 4th.

However, was able to finally get to the high 23s in sector 1 [good for me, lol].

Will post sectors later.

EDIT: Removed gear ratio image.....don't want to mess with Fetch! :)

Last edited:
Frustration eventually got the better of me after running all the sectors faster, but never in the same lap. I've submitted with my current splits, that are not the splits of the lap on the leaderboard. Good luck everyone.

It's great to see you back Nick, with your usual tyre blistering splits. 👍

Oh, and if you post a tune it's best to end the post with your lap splits, that way the bot will not read your gear ratios as your splits.

Last edited:
I wish I hadn't caused a stink, but there it is. I didn't run the last few weeks much because of a shoulder injury and a heavy workload. I don't mind being questioned, and kind of expect it, because my results can vary dramatically from week to week. This week I'm fast, and as been pointed out, I should be given the time I put into it. I have no delusions about being a great driver, I just like to see how fast I can go. I don't expect to ever be an alien.
In the Academy, I finished about 120th overall in round 1. I'm usually about .5 to 1.0 seconds behind the top drivers. But thirty hours in a week is nothing for me. I've been known to race a combo for upwards of eighty hours in a single week. Seriously. Maybe that explains the shoulder injury!
Anyway, my division placement will have to take care of itself because there is nothing I can do about it. I can't promote myself. I'm also not trying to take any joy away from the other D3 drivers, I'm just running the best I can, whenever I can.

I wish I hadn't caused a stink...
You didn't... just rang some alarm bells... :sly: Enjoy your moments of glory when they come around. I would say this week will be one of them since you've set a great time for any division 👍 That is an insane ammount of time devoted to the cause though mate. I don't know whether to pat you on the back or hide :sly:

I wish I hadn't caused a stink, but there it is. I didn't run the last few weeks much because of a shoulder injury and a heavy workload. I don't mind being questioned, and kind of expect it, because my results can vary dramatically from week to week. This week I'm fast, and as been pointed out, I should be given the time I put into it. I have no delusions about being a great driver, I just like to see how fast I can go. I don't expect to ever be an alien.
In the Academy, I finished about 120th overall in round 1. I'm usually about .5 to 1.0 seconds behind the top drivers. But thirty hours in a week is nothing for me. I've been known to race a combo for upwards of eighty hours in a single week. Seriously. Maybe that explains the shoulder injury!
Anyway, my division placement will have to take care of itself because there is nothing I can do about it. I can't promote myself. I'm also not trying to take any joy away from the other D3 drivers, I'm just running the best I can, whenever I can.

Well as the person who is next on the LB for div3, all I have to say is well done! Doesn't bother me one bit that your splits are way up there on the current LB. Faster this week than I can manage, for sure, but I'll be aiming for you next time for sure ;)

If you repeat it enough times, you'll end up being promoted anyway and soon enough things will balance out nicely. It can't possibly be feasible to have EVERYONE in their rightful place after 1 qualifier due to all kinds of human factors.

I'm just running the best I can, whenever I can.

👍 Well said! You shouldn't need to explain yourself, the results we get are from hard work. Some weeks we are up and some we are down. But just do your best every week.

But back on topic, for some reason I thought I could improve my splits. But sadly, I shaved more time off my goal time and still have the same splits it seems like haha.

T1: 23.753
T2: 23.088

Okay, two days left, but this split-post may be my last [I keep saying that, lol] for this combo.

Kudos to Chris [Vagabond]!!!!

Down ticks on T1 and T3!! I'm pushing MY limits! :crazy:

T1: 23.946
T2: 23.787

FINALLY an improvement. I've been working on this all week long but after my last 30 lap session I beat the time that I set on monday. 800 km on the counter later here are my final splits.

So I'm submitting with :

T1: 23.634
T2: 22.904

Good luck everybody and see you next week.

Back