GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 5 : That Thing is an Isuzu? Really?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 434 comments
I had a couple of .5xx and once a .4xx already. This set was working good for the first corner, but that was all. :lol:

My first splits. :)

And if anyone will try. But i say, better don´t do it. :D :lol:

Maker ............. : Isuzu
Model ............. : 4200R Concept ´89
Track ............. : Grand Valley Short

SETTINGS
========
All In
Power (BHP) ....... : 147 KW
Weight (Kg) ....... : 1250
PP.........................: 423
Tyres .................. : N3 / N3
Aerodynamics ...... : --
Ballast...................: 0 kg / Position 0

Ride Height (mm) .. : 0MM/0MM
Spring Rate ....... : 10.6/9.4
Damper (compression): 8/9
Damper (rebound) .. : 8/9
Anti Roll Bars .... : 7/7
Camber Angle (-) .. : 3.0/2.0
Toe (OUT/IN) ...... : +0.40/+0.50
Brake Balance ..... : 5/7
F/R Torque Distrib. :
LSD ............... : Rear 10/40/20
Active Steering ... : OFF
Traction Control .. : OFF
ABS ............... : 10

TRANSMISSION
============

1st .... : 3493
2nd ....: 2096
3rd .... : 1592
4th .... : 1283
5th .... : 1046
6th .... : ----
7th .... : ----
Final .. : 4062
Max Speed: 230 km/h

Just for laughs I thought I'd post my setups to document how I’m on the other side of the looking glass w/ what I have been using. Since I am going to use some or all of Rudi's set up and then sprinkle in some my hallucinations to make a psycho salad I thought I'd give you a little chuckle.

Power (HP) ....... : 197
Weight (Kg) ....... : 1250
PP.........................: 425
Tyres .................. : CS / CS
Aerodynamics ...... : --
Ballast...................: 0 kg / Position 0

Ride Height (mm) .. : -15MM/-10MM
Spring Rate ....... : 4/5
Damper (compression): 3/3
Damper (rebound) .. : 3/5
Anti Roll Bars .... : 3/7
Camber Angle (-) .. : 0/4.0
Toe (OUT/IN) ...... : 0/+0.25
Brake Balance ..... : 9/3
F/R Torque Distrib. :
LSD ............... : Rear 20/40/10
Active Steering ... : OFF
Traction Control .. : OFF
ABS ............... : 1

TRANSMISSION
============

1st .... : 3419
2nd ....: 2066
3rd .... : 1529
4th .... : 1196
5th .... : 1049
6th .... : ----
7th .... : ----
Final .. : 4062
Max Speed: 137 mph

"How worse off could I get?"

Update: I just crushed my old lap record using this setup, maybe I gave away my mojo but I'll leave it up because it's out now. I will resist using another setup until this one pans out :)

Last edited:
It seems like I never notice the back end is coming around until it's too late. :( Could it be because I only use cockpit view? I don't really notice any FFB, which I thought you were supposed to notice. Anyway, just putting some times up for my first smooth and scared completed lap. :)

Last edited:
Ma look, I am drifting!!

T1 23.922
T2 23.278

Rigidity Improvement is good for this car, better than any other tuning I have done so far.

For fun and stubbornness I keep ABS at 0. Brake balance at 3/1 or 2/1, and I can still barely tap it before it blocks. That is how much these tyres can really hold up to :crazy:

Hehehehehe..... cheers for the props Chris. I've seen a low 23.5xx
Holy crap! :crazy:

And as for "Buggering off out of D2:dunce:"..... well i'm hoping that my first 4 weeks efforts will be enough to pop me into D1 Bronze when they get around to promotions.
I should reckon so, matey. :) I'd like a pop at topping D2 at some point.... No chance while you're there snipering me every week 👍

Another small step forwards and that's me done for tonight:

T1: 23.671
T2: 23.076

A messy T3 to finish but still a better lap overall. I can probably find another 0.2 but I may have peaked early this week.... Don't know why but I seem to like these comfort tyres :dopey:

Worse T1 but still bit of an improvement. Finally starting to get the hang of the right left combo before the tunnel. Now I just need to string it together with one of the 23.5XX T1's I keep seeing and finish out a clean lap. :crazy:

T1: 23.666
R2: 22.975

Car sounds like a nascar haha. Anyways interesting combo Kevin.

First crack at this.

T1: 23.966
T2: 24.025

T1: 24.038
T2: 23.445

WOW my first grand slam with this car, weeeeee. Thankz Rudi your setup and then my adjustment for increased stability in the slide just gave me my fastest T1/T2 and Home Run. :) It's pretty well manerd and predictable. Thankzzzz

T1: 23.844
T2: 23.431

Last edited:
I'm hearing footsteps, and know I must go faster. Unfortunately, not tonight, as we are out of coffee, so that's not what I'm drinking. :cheers:
My set-up has the front a little soft, with the rear lifted. The shocks are pretty egual, but I lowered the spring rate in the rear to 3, while the front is 4. I want the back to follow the front. Given such a low-grip tire, I'm starting with a minimum toe and castor. Because this is low-powered car, and MR to boot, I'm trying to brake quickly, twist without rolling, and then punch it.
I'm going to try softening the front more before I mess with toe-in, because I want to maintain stability under braking. I've yet to see what this means on exit, which means everything when you come on to the final straight!
My brake bias is 6 front/3 rear.
Running stock LSD for now.
RACE ON!!!
:gtpflag:

First 10 laps...

T1: 23.766
T2: 23.163

Fun car. :) Needs some fiddling with the gear ratios and suspension methinks.

Anyone using engine/exhaust tuning parts?

G'day Chris try this out. (and anyone else interested :sly:)

Considering we're resticted to 197hp the only things I see engine wise we can fiddle with are the torque output and at what revs each of these come in at.

Now, because we have to use the Power Limiter the peak hp flatlines, so the earlier you can achieve peak horsepower the better I would assume.
As for torque the more the better for driving out of slow corners at lower revs.

There are alot of different combinations to apply with the different parts available (and I tried many) but this is the best I could come up with.

Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalalytic Converter
Power Limiter set @ 50.8%

Which gives you:
197hp @ 3800rpm
44kgfm @ 3200rpm
426 PP

I found the higher range exhausts and ecu delivered the same hp but at higher revs.

Now having said all that these figures are derived from the settings menu and sadly I haven't had the time (hoping to tonight) to properly test if helps the drivability yet.

Any feedback would be welcomed and appreciated.

Cheers Shaun.

Are you shifting up at under 5000 rpm?

Like I said I haven't fully tested it yet mate. These are only figures from the graph and stats page in the settings. I would imagine because the hp reaches it's peak in this case at 3800rpm and stays the same all the way until the redline the earlier to achieve peak hp would be the better for the hp.

As for the torque this will effect driveablity hugely so this could be considered a starting point, there's a good chance the peak torque would be better of coming in at higher rpm's. If you fiddle with the parts combinations this is achievable.

If you get a chance, try it out for a few laps, I may be way off the mark here.

Cheers Shaun.

I was just thinking aloud. I have max tourqe at 4200 and ususally try to shift up so that I hit 4000 after gear change. I don't know if it makes any difference from going all the way up to redline though since the power is flatrated at 197 bhp from around 4000 rpm up to 7000+ rpm.

I was just thinking aloud.

No problems mate 👍.

I just put it out there to see if it would work or help anyone for that matter.
I don't consider myself to be a genius at tuning by a long shot.

Cheers Shaun.

First Splits

Now watch as I fall down the leaderboard to outside the top 20 before my next run :lol:
Been .1 faster to T1, Also had a poor T2 - Finish.
Looking to find a few more tenths. See how we go later in the week.

Some nice times put down already 👍

Some more laps yielded.

Horrible end to T2 though, if I hadn't cocked it up, I reckon there's a .7 T2 in there.

I was just thinking aloud. I have max tourqe at 4200 and ususally try to shift up so that I hit 4000 after gear change. I don't know if it makes any difference from going all the way up to redline though since the power is flatrated at 197 bhp from around 4000 rpm up to 7000+ rpm.
Don't know how PD models drivetrain loss, but if it were a real car, I can imagine drivetrain loss being RPM dependent, so power at wheels not flat.

WOW my first grand slam with this car, weeeeee. Thankz Rudi your setup and then my adjustment for increased stability in the slide just gave me my fastest T1/T2 and Home Run. :) It's pretty well manerd and predictable. Thankzzzz

T1: 23.844
T2: 23.431

I think you need to chill out a bit bro, I'm still trying to catch you from last week.

MR cars are a headache but i hope my final replay will have a great sliding T2 with so much smoke the viewer will ask himself was this wrs replay or some drifting replay?

Lets have fun!

Not happy with my splits and performance so far, this one's more difficult than it looks like :mad:
Btw, that car is ugly :eek::D

Not happy with my splits and performance so far, this one's more difficult than it looks like :mad:
Btw, that car is ugly :eek::D

Nothing to report but do you like my butt.

picture.php

Phillip.

Back