GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 5 : That Thing is an Isuzu? Really?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 434 comments

Still more or less running "stock" All I've done is lowered ride height and changed camber. Might try RudiRaser's setup although I know from previous experiences that his setups seldom suit me.

Can't get anywhere near my times now.... Really not liking the car.... Just doesn't suit my driving style :(
i agree, i'm just not finding the right lines.
i don't have enough experience with comforts i reckon

I'm actually finding it has quite a lot of grip for a car with Comfort Softs. It does require a different driving style, balancing the car on the brakes is essential in the double right-hander before the tunnel. Very fine inputs are needed, but it's not bad for Comfort Softs.

Haven't had any chance at this yet, but I'd like to thank everyone who posted their settings! I'm don't know **** about tuning and stuff, so I really appreciate this! :) thanks again 👍

first go at it

If you continue at this rate (especially after Week 4's times), you'll be moving from D2 Bronze right to D1 Bronze...... your time's are that good. How long did you spend on that first session?

Waaa! Just threw away a 23.534 T1.... Switched PS3 off immediately lest damage ensue... :crazy:

Not sure where JoshMuggo got a 0.4 in the first split. I've done quite a few mid to high 0.5s. I'd settle for a low 0.5. But 0.4 is a belting split.

If you continue at this rate (especially after Week 4's times), you'll be moving from D2 Bronze right to D1 Bronze...... your time's are that good. How long did you spend on that first session?

I would say about an hour, I got those splits in the first half hour but couldn't improve, although I did see a 46.45 and choked on t3 so we'll see its still early

So, now that I finally have Gran Turismo 5 I think I'll be a regular around these parts huh? :P

Currently buying the Isuzu. ;)

New splits

T1: 23.930
T2: 23.139

Kicking myself for losing .2 in T1. Have regularly seen 23.7's

This car is hella slippery! But I LOVE the sound it makes!!

T1: 24.265
T2: 24.158

After a few laps after getting home from studying. The last section I know I can shave at least another .500 :cheers:

T1: 23.763
T2: 23.517

Way to go Shigegaki! Watch the HP rise after oil change, mine went up to 198 and it was a good run.
T1: 24.066
T2: 24.105

Thanks Raceryder, but I still have another second to shave off to meet my goal. After not even placing top 3 last week, going to work extra hard to earn the top spot in D4. :cheers:

After a bunch of tweaking parts and gear ratios I think I've finally hit on something. New fast lap but T3 was almost .200 off my best so there is plenty of time left in it.

T1: 23.597
T2: 22.900

Stock. Now playing with the "frilly bits", as I think drandad put it.

Working on it. Reverted from "highly polished" tune to defaults and got 0.1 right away, heh.

T1: 23.790
T2: 23.201

Almost no time to do any racing this week, but I'll submit anyway:

T1: 24.022
T2: 24.097

Uuuurgh...

New Splits after a slight tweak to the tune.
T1: 23.696
T2: 23.191
I've yet to see a 23.5xx, but I know I can go faster in t2, and there's maybe a tenth left in t3. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
RACE ON!! :cheers:

Am I dense? How do you edit a post and line-through your old splits to post updated splits?

Speed ups due to better braking points, not the frilly bits.

Am I dense? How do you edit a post and line-through your old splits to post updated splits?

Speed ups due to better braking points, not the frilly bits.

Hi Dense.

Click the edit button bottom right of you post, now click "Go Advanced"

There you'll see on the top line of icons an "S" with a line through it and you can look to see what all the other icons are for while your there. 👍

Hope this is helpful.

Phillip.

Shigegaki
Thanks Raceryder, but I still have another second to shave off to meet my goal. After not even placing top 3 last week, going to work extra hard to earn the top spot in D4. :cheers:

Your miles ahead of me! I can't even touch my current ghost at the moment.... Let alone take time from it! :(

T1: 23.696
T2: 23.539

Finally managed to have a go at this race and Wow, this combo really tests your nerve. I seem to be good at NOT following any sort of racing line. I hope I get points for that. And swinging the rear around more than my gold fish. Good fun.

Back