Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Nürburgring Type V
  • Car Type: Standard (Available in OCD)
  • Make: Alfa Romeo
  • Model: 155 2.5 V6 TI '93
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 434 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight - 1010 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications : N/A
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any
  • Aero: N/A
  • Tire Type: Racing Medium (R2's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.
NrburgringTypeV_11.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Rumble Strips and Cobbles outside of rumble strips in the Nordschleiffe section are all track.
  • Over Run Tarmac Beyond Rumble Strips, White Track Boundary Lines, or Cones in the GP section is not track (See Details in Pictures Below)

NrburgringGP_D_3.jpg

Green Painted Tarmac or Black Tarmac Beyond the White line on the outside of Turn 1 (Trackside Left)

NrburgringGP_D_4.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface Beyond the White Line at the outside of Turn 2 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_5.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface outside the Rumble Strip on Entry to Turn 3 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_6.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface Inside Rumble Strip at Turn 4 (Trackside Right)

NrburgringGP_D_7.jpg

Tarmac Beyond White Line at the outside of Turn 4 (Trackside Left)

NrburgringGP_D_8.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_9.jpg

Gray Mesh Surface Beyond White Line and Tarmac Behind Cones on Outside of Turn 5 (Trackside Left)

NrburgringGP_D_10.jpg

Green Surface Behind Rumble Strip at the Outside of Turn 6 (TrackSide Right)

Steward's Comments:
The WRS turns 9 this week. 9 years of WRS, 9 Splits, 9 pictures of this great Alfa at Nurb. And 9 years of putting up with Mr P. ;) This is a beauty of a little combo, enjoy. 👍

NrburgringTypeV_6.jpg

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

NrburgringTypeV_7.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

NrburgringTypeV_8.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 through T9 Times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 9

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

NrburgringTypeV_9.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 54 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, February 27th 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

NrburgringTypeV_10.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Not looking forward to this one, it's just the shear length of the lap that'll hinder me.

But the racing mediums should help. Looks like a good combo.

And keeping in topic with the theme I'll only do 9 laps :lol:

Is it coincidence that the tach will hardly ever drop below 9k? Goes up to 12k+!?!

Gave it a few laps already and holy 🤬! My new favorite car...good thing, too, 'cause I hope to spend more time with this than Chuk normally does!

Happy 9's, WRS & Mr P. :cheers:

:) 👍

Great choice Kevin. Love this circuit!!

:) 👍

Wow, 9 years of the WRS. I had no idea it has been around that long. I'm still a newbie in comparison.

Happy anniversary to the WRS and to all that make it happen each and every week.:cheers:

very happy with this one, as the alfa is one of my favorite cars :)

first try out ;

Last edited:

Last edited:
I'll start D3 off, just a few laps in.

Great car.👍

Edit: After an oil change and a couple more laps.

Last edited:
Not easy, but great fun 👍

havin' a hard time, but lovin' it ;)

New splits, haven't driven this car much, if at all before today.

Still trying to find it's limits, need to carry more speed through the corners (duh):scared:

Great fun.:)

Last edited:
Nice! i hope to have I will find some time to spend on this one!!

Look like a great combo! 👍

First clean lap

Tranny trick 198mph

No other adjustments.

Traction control 1
ABS 8

now to tune.

Last edited:
I don't think my pedals will remain at 100% throttle long enough to get a lap in. I really don't want to use a controller either. Can't imagine how terrible I'd be with that. Only use it for drifting now.

Happy Birthday WRS!! :cheers: :gtpflag:

It makes me sorry I've only been a part of it since GT5P (and then only occasionally) and that I've only really got stuck in in the last 12 months with GT5. Really wish I'd heard about it back in GT4. I still maintain the best thing I ever did with GT was join in here. Bravo to the admin team, particularly the long suferring Kevin :sly: and Vaxen for his marvelous handicap system. Thanks you guys 👍

Oh and Happy 9th (WRS) Birthday to Ron - here's to 9 more mate :cheers:

Unfortunately I am still in mortal fear of the 'ring in all but GP form so this may not be a particularly successful week, but here goes... Attempt the first:

Crazy. I don't ever feel in control round the Nordschleife part - always just a hair away from a wipe-out and after 2 laps my jaw aches from clenching. I've only done 5 laps and I need a lie down. :crazy:

Traction control 1

This car being All Wheel Drive, I think you'd find it more productive to increase front bias if you are struggling with spinning out. Also mess around with the LSD settings. TC should be used as an absolute last resort, as it often cuts out power when you really need it to recover, plus it slows you down a lot more than the other tricks I mention.

Make sure you have Max Aero on the car as well, it makes a pretty big difference.

I messed around a bit with settings while testing last night. I have a transmission I'm happy with, I'll try to get a tuning run in today, and post my setup.

TC is just something I have found works well with my driving style and controller. Now if I am driving something that would have never had any traction control in the real world, then I try not to use it, like the 427 cobra...that thing is a bear to drive in real life.

I guess this one may have been right on the cusp of traction control stuff, and I will eventually end up with it off, because I too have found that 4wd cars don't need it, but I like to run a safe lap first, know what I mean?

I look forward to seeing some setups, I am still not very good with those.

For now, More splits

Last edited:
A little heads up to anyone....

It's not possible to send this car from one account to another. So you will have to have the 1.5 million credits it takes to buy this car in your GTP account....

Atleast this is what I've found and I'm now grinding again to get some credits! :(

A little heads up to anyone....

It's not possible to send this car from one account to another. So you will have to have the 1.5 million credits it takes to buy this car in your GTP account....

Atleast this is what I've found and I'm now grinding again to get some credits! :(

Yeah, I did not find the value to be all that concerning.

Share your Bobs online and make friends with some of the guys in here, and you can earn the credits while you sleep. ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=236174

@EDK, sorry if I came off like a D**K in that last post, the meds are affecting the brain a little more than normal today, and I am over explaining things.

If you have the 200% bonus, two of the newest seasonal 650pp races should cover the job. It's 900k+ a race at 200%.

5 laps around SSR5 shouldn't take more than 10 minutes with that pp range.

@EDK, sorry if I came off like a D**K in that last post, the meds are affecting the brain a little more than normal today, and I am over explaining things.

Nope. I was just trying to help you out. Controller or not, I think you'll find the fast guys only use TC as a last resort, as I mentioned. Try changing the Front bias on the AWD to 50%. If you can drive with that amount of understeer, it should make you faster.

And I don't think dick is in the swear filter. ;)

I'll try that, I just dropped some more time, am down to 180 on the tranny and am getting just to the edge of grip. So the 50/50 may dial me in a little better.

Just trying to be politically correct with my dicks:dopey:

Really starting to enjoy this car now, and the four exhaust pipes shooting fire on the replay looks outrages. :D Tried a photo but the flames don't show :confused:

Taken almost 5 seconds off my time and can see room for maybe another 5 but getting them is going to be hard work.

Edit: btcannon the praiano tune i'm using (link in my first post) is running 35/65 split and is working very well for me with no wheel spin. I am also using a controller.

I did a couple of seasonals and bobs your uncle been and bought it,
This one is gonna be a beast not to screw a corner somewhere!!!:nervous:

Really starting to enjoy this car now, and the four exhaust pipes shooting fire on the replay looks outrages. :D Tried a photo but the flames don't show :confused:

I had a lot of trouble getting this pic last night as well. I would pause with the wheels in the air, and the Photo would show them back on the ground.

NrburgringTypeV_4.jpg

The pause timing vs. the photo timing are off a bit from one another. I think you need to pause a little BEFORE the timing of the flames, then they will be in the pic.

Back