GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 54 : 9 Lives

• Thread starter EDK
  • 410 comments
Ugh. I hate submitting this lap. Easily 2 seconds left but couldn't keep it together. I'm sure everyone has the exact same story.

Anyway submitting this lap.

i thought the grey area were not considered as ''track'' for the GP part and we had to stay on the white line/cobblestone.?
just wondering if i misunderstood my english isnt 100%.

Great T3 Racer_LP! :)

I was specifically referring to the sections with large over run, as detailed in the pictures. In this case, there's a white line, but the space behind is a thin line of cobbles.

Sorry for any confusion or perceived ambiguity. I don't think anyone would attempt to exploit this area with great consistency.

After 1589km...I finally have a confirmed clean lap :lol: If it didn't make me so frustrated I'd laugh. Fortunately, this is also one of my quickest laps. Made a few mistakes here and there so I'll have another run though tonight, but it's a relief to get some splits on the board that are clean.

Only about 0.4 on the track to T9 for me, but a chunk more up to the line so worth another run later. I can't remember the last time I did this much mileage, and despite the frustration, it's epic fun! Nice one Kev 👍

Sadly got only a chance for the Sat session which left me with only a dirty reference lap. I had to concentrate the whole session to get the tune feel right and I got pretty close so all I would have needed to get a submittable lap was one more proper session but that never happened.

This is near my limit! To go faster, I would have to tie my left foot to my chair!

Nice job Dale. I sat for 4 hours tonight! I had a lap that was 3 seconds up at the last split and I brush the XXXXXX wall on the final turn! Nearly threw my wheel at the TV! Off to bed!

Al

I'll echo the "Nice splits, Jon!" 👍 I got nothing better than what's on the board, so I'm submitting.

Just realized I posted my splits up incorrectly (I added about a second to them accidentally). Reposting with correct times:

I think I still might be in the back of my division though, even with that second!

EDIT: I have no idea how you guys are getting into the sub 35.5xx range on T1, and into the 46.xxx range on T7. Mental.

EDK
I was specifically referring to the sections with large over run, as detailed in the pictures. In this case, there's a white line, but the space behind is a thin line of cobbles.

Sorry for any confusion or perceived ambiguity. I don't think anyone would attempt to exploit this area with great consistency.

What about the area just before the nordschleife ends and the GP begins? There is a section to the left with white paint and a sizeable amount of track to the left of it that i used to get a better line into that final little chicane thing before the GP straight.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/65023975@N08/6788397960/ EDIT: added a picture of the area just in case over the line is out of bounds, i need a second opinion as to whether the rear wheel is on the line or not. I would say its in by a hair but if anyone thinks its dirty tell me and ill remove my submission.

Last edited:
i thought the grey area were not considered as ''track'' for the GP part and we had to stay on the white line/cobblestone.?
just wondering if i misunderstood my english isnt 100%.

Great T3 Racer_LP! :)

I think the cobbles are also fine here because there are kerbs and grass behind them. Kerbs are ok to use most of the time (if not always), so that's probably another reason why it's clean here. There is only tarmac behind the cobbles in the other corners.

Thanks mike. My T3 on my current fastest lap is a bit slower though :ouch:
And thanks for posting your setup, it's awesome 👍

What about the area just before the nordschleife ends and the GP begins? There is a section to the left with white paint and a sizeable amount of track to the left of it that i used to get a better line into that final little chicane thing before the GP straight.

I know what area you mean, and I'd say the white line is the edge of the track there and it would be dirty to go over the white line with more than 2 wheels. But I'd like for Kevin to confirm this.
I try to avoid this area on my runs :)

Edit: new splits:

Didn't get the karussel right on this lap though :banghead:, lost at least half a second. Rest of the lap was OK

Last edited:
More laps, and something to show for it...

I've seen more splits this week than a gymnastics judge. One last session!

Last edited:
Thx for the info Kev and Racer_LP, its 100% clear now 👍

Glad you liked the tune!

i have already sent my lap to fetchbot, i had about 1 full second i know i could shave in the lap(about 0.400 in the first 9 splits) but i cant get a clean lap, im just too nervous. :scared: lol

Goodluck everyone!

mike_gt3
I cant get a clean lap, im just too nervous. :scared: lol

Goodluck everyone!

Had to smile at your comment Mike - good to know even the greats get sweaty palms towards the end of the lap... :)

More laps, and something to show for it...

Nice splits Ren.👍

Don't think I can match those.:bowdown:

Already submitted with posted lap anyway. Unless I had a miraculous finish to my lap I think you have me sir. Good job.

Edit: Looks like Fetchy didn't update your splits for some reason. Maybe you need a couple zeros added to some of the splits.

Last edited:
So many people that didn´t spent time watching the Oscars this night :dopey:

Great splits LP_Racer and Jon 👍

Thanks Joao, although mine aren't in the same class as Racer_LP's, although I'm not sure how he managed to slow himself down enough to qualify D2 around the same track that we're using now... :sly:

Nice splits Ren.👍

Don't think I can match those.:bowdown:

Already submitted with posted lap anyway. Unless I had a miraculous finish to my lap I think you have me sir. Good job.

Edit: Looks like Fetchy didn't update your splits for some reason. Maybe you need a couple zeros added to some of the splits.

Uh, not sure, might need another lap. Been a great tussle!

Is the runoff beyond the white line just to the right of the Nordschleife entry legal? If not, I'm in deep :mischievous:

(just after the wall between T3 and T4)

Forgot to give Chris credit for the setup. Normally I don't like to use someone else's setup but couldn't get it tuned in properly this week.

I ended up tweaking everything except the spring rate but it was very good right off the bat, much better than mine.

Not expecting much this week, just hoping I don't get embarrassed too badly.

Uh, not sure, might need another lap. Been a great tussle!

Is the runoff beyond the white line just to the right of the Nordschleife entry legal? If not, I'm in deep :mischievous:

(just after the wall between T3 and T4)

Yes, great tennis match. I think you just aced me on match point though.:lol:

Like Jon said, as long as your not on the GP track you should be clean.

You might want to get clarification from one of the Moderators just to be sure.

Yes, great tennis match. I think you just aced me on match point though.:lol:

Like Jon said, as long as your not on the GP track you should be clean.

You might want to get clarification from one of the Moderators just to be sure.

Or I could find a faster lap without the problem: :crazy:

Per my habit with a good lap, I took a pit stop in the last sector, though.

Last edited:
Or I could find a faster lap without the problem: :crazy:

Per my habit with a good lap, I took a pit stop in the last sector, though.

Wow, nice T1.👍

I hope it was a long pit stop.:lol:

I gave it my best shot, a bit short I fear. I think we did D3 proud though.

Submitting with these splits, lost about .5 in the last corner :ouch:

Seems like I'm using the same line as Racer_LP, I considered it close, but clean :)

NrburgringTypeV_2.jpg

NrburgringTypeV_3.jpg

NrburgringTypeV_4.jpg

NrburgringTypeV_5.jpg

NrburgringTypeV_6.jpg

NrburgringTypeV_7.jpg

NrburgringTypeV_8.jpg

NrburgringTypeV_9.jpg

NrburgringTypeV_10.jpg

Losing it badly at Mutkurve :sly:

NrburgringTypeV_1.jpg

Wow, nice T1.👍

I hope it was a long pit stop.:lol:

I gave it my best shot, a bit short I fear. I think we did D3 proud though.

Fluke - funny to watch. Had a few low 35.3s before, but that was awesome.

It was a very long pit stop. I'm happy no matter what, because I dumped about 4-5 other perfectly decent laps tonight IN THE LAST SECTOR, so palpable relief to bring one home.

Sure did! Went more than a little bit nuts with the time this week!

Submitted. I'm knackered.

Man. I had a blast running in the Alfa. After a LOT of early frustrations, this got to be a serious addiction. So much grip and the cars sound-pure bliss. Last night I got over a second or so faster but kept loosing it when pushing too much instead of just going easy. Then got too tired and then just plain slower and sloppy. Don't think I could make up the difference from the D3 leaders.

Thanks for the event EDK and for the folks who posted tunes.

Back