• Track (Lap 1): World Circuits > Superspeedway - Indy
  • Track (Lap 2): World Circuits > Road Course - Indy
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: US > Grand Touring Garage
  • Model: 1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 599 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1721 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional (Manual or Automatic)
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type (Superspeedway): Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Tyre Type (Road Course): Racing Soft (R3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do NOT use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.

Superspeedway:

• The white line on the inside of the oval is the inner track boundary. Failure to keep at least two tires on or outside this inner white line, will results in a DQ.
  • The outer wall is the outer track boundary. Any contact with wall, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.

Road Course:

• Rumble strips and tarmac are track surface.
  • The concrete surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on tarmac or rumble strips will be DQ'd.
The Following Areas are Not Part of the Track. If you do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd.

RoadCourse-Indy_5.jpg

The Concrete and Painted Concrete Surface Outside the Rumble Strip at Turn 7 (Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy_6.jpg

Concrete Outside of the White Boundary Line on the Straight between Turns 7 and 8
(Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy_7.jpg

Concrete Inside the Rumble Strip at Turn 8
(Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy.jpg

Concrete Inside the Rumble Strip at Turn 11 (Trackside Right)

Steward's Comments:
A very interesting twist on the multiple lap combo this week and all credit goes to EDK for the idea. 👍

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save both replays using 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1 and T2 splits from the road course, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

RoadCourse-Indy_15-800.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Road Course Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total road course lap time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• Oval Lap Time, Road Course T1 and T2
  • Any settings discussion.
  • Please post your total oval lap time, T1 and T2 from your road course lap
Number of Splits: 3

RoadCourse-Indy_3-800.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 57 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Oval Lap Time + Road Course Lap Time = Your Submitted time. Please submit the total time ONLY.
  • Please refer to this Time Calculator Website to properly add your lap times together before submitting your time.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, March 19th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

RoadCourse-Indy_7-800bannercontrast.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Tim and Marc for helping out while I travel. :)

I know this is not technically a race car, but I thought the 600 HP made it appropriate to use race tires. I tested Sports Softs on the oval, so you should be thanking me. ;)

It's too bad 5th gear seems to be a Gear Vendors eco overdrive, but that will just add to the challenge.

BTW, nice webpage the car has here.http://www.grandtouringgarage.com/index.php?section=2

Wow my first WRS event and you come up with this... :lol: This will be interesting.

Looking forward to spending a few hours on this.... Which lap to devote more time to though.... That is the question!!!

Looks new and interesting :)

Question: How should we format splits?

Oval: xx.xxx
T1: xx.xxx
T2: xx.xxx

??

Just type 3 splits. Oval time first, then T1 and T2.

Xx.xxx
xx.xxx
xx.xxx

EDK
Thanks to Tim and Marc for helping out while I travel. :)

Anytime 👍
Great combo Kevin, the Indy Oval lap has me very curious....

Me too! 👍 Nice job on the thread, Tim and Marc. :cheers: Hoping that means you'll participate too. :)

I have a feeling I will this week.
Indy road course is very much a Hate / Love track for me.
I hate the boring backgrounds, and visuals, but I Love the technical aspect of the course.
It has certainly grown on me, before it was more of a hate / hate relationship. :lol:

Here's hoping fetchy remembers me :sly:

Too bad we couldn't run both aspects of the combo at the same time rather then two separate deals. I'm thinking there won't be much difference for the oval part as the road course will as always test your patience. "Good Luk" everyone 👍

Interesting combo, my first oval in the WRS.👍

Guess I'll start things off-

Love the sound and look of this classic but heavily modded "Stang":)

The 747 in my speedway is ironic as that's about how this thing handles.:yuck:

10 laps in each track, just to see how it feels the car. That transition between 4 and 5º gear i was like :eek:
Great idea of a combo 👍

Edit - forget first split, just noticed the tires :dunce:

Last edited:
10 laps in each track, just to see how it feels the car. That transition between 4 and 5º gear i was like :eek:
Great idea of a combo 👍

That's a great T1. 👍

Don't take this the wrong way, but is that with racing hard's on the oval.

Looks like I need to sharpen up my oval skills.:scared:

I like the combo, will take a bit of getting used to the racing soft tyres but enjoyable to drive.

Using B/B's of 4/7 speedway and 7/4 road course.

Couldn't resist trying a few laps before leaving town for a week:

Was tinkering with brake balance, but I think these were set with 2/7 on the oval and 2/8 on the road course.

Using B/B's of 4/7 speedway

You use your breaks? :lol:

Fifty Five . one, for the oval so far :)

----------------------- oval update ------------------------------

Finally hit my marks to blast out a Fifty Four . eight :)

To bad shez a little boggy in top gear once in a while

Last edited:
You use your breaks? :lol:

Fifty Five . one, for the oval so far :)

----------------------- oval update ------------------------------

Finally hit my marks to blast out a Fifty Four . eight :)

DS3 versus wheel 2 totally different style of driving for sure at the oval to go as quick as possible I wont get into all the technical details but DS3 guys might have to brake while you with a wheel maybe wiil just crank the wheel and let off the throtle only since the front tires scrub off speed when over turned.

I know what Im going to drive at the oval with I know why but I dont know this car and if the rules apply that applied with the car i drove in a seasonal here but Im guessing thry could and it makes wheels potentially a little quicker.

@BTcanon I couldnt describe this car better and how I felt driving it at the road course track with my DS3. My first laps were so bad, looked so bad its like I never played a video game ever and just bought a PS3 and a brand new copy of GT5 and I never drove a car in real life....oh and Im blind. hahaha

I mean come on I get some rough starts but that was BAD. Obviosly the car has alot of quirky things a guy needs to get use to when cornering like alot of understeer on entry and a weird torque thing happens at certain Rpms and the tires bust loose mid corner get weird oversteer, lurches alot and such.

Just have to run laps become one with its weirdness I think. You can you will.

Edit: Wait Canon, mind if i call you Canon?, why am I giving you advice Im the one driving BAD. hahaha

Enough fun for now run enough laps no decent splits to report. Only Got one clean lap at the Oval in and it was on lap one which is slow you got to go around at least once to get up to speed but dont hit the wall on the exit of turn3, redlights the next lap also.

I might have to turn the driving line on for awhile at the road course thought I kinda knew the track but need some reference points. In some corners i just am clueless where I need to be. I probably will check out the archive to watch replays of some guys drive this track in the Nascar cars.

Last edited:
DS3 versus wheel 2 totally different style of driving

I thought the DS3z could go lock to lock faster then a wheel. As for scrubing off speed using the front wheels I only do that when I'm off line and need to rotate the car to save it. I try not to use anything but momentum and slide through the turn by leaning on the edges equaly F n R.

Yes the DS3 can go from lock to lock fast but the steering lock is assisted and speed sensitive. The highest speeds I can manage through the speedway corners is about 245-250kph, if I haven't reduced to that speed early in the corner I will understeer into the wall.

Second splits from the fishing vessel Trans Cammer.

Last edited:
Latest splits,

T1, 54.712 :)
T2, 24.266
T3, 22.599

Run a good 50+ laps at the speedway and I'm pretty sure I can nip into the 53's before the week is over 👍 I only had a few laps on the road course to get a banker save :)

Cool combo's :cheers:

Just ran a few laps of the speedway to get my eye in.... Actually surprisingly difficult! Finding the right speed around the corners is going to be the key!

Now onto the road course.....

Edit: :embarrassed: the gearing on this thing is horrible!!!!!

Last edited:
Haven't done one of these since GT5P. This is probably the first combo of it's type for GT5 as well, unless I missed one and I did miss a bunch of them so far for GT5.

After some more pounding I found some more speed, great OT "Mr P" on the oval "WOW"

Back