GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 57 : Dual Indy Duel

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 184 comments
Cool combo's :cheers:
Yeah, more fun than I was expecting. Great start on the Speedway Ron 👍 - that is the hardest part of this week I think with much smoking of the fronts for most of my early laps. The Road Circuit is great fun with R3s.

Really struggling to find a rhythm so far!
Too right - much time spent gently drifting off line and clawing the air for purchase. :P

Managed a quick session early doors before the TV is booked up... :dopey: Did about 20 laps of the Speedway and 10 on the Road Course for my opening session:

I'm close to maxed out on the Speedway already - too frustrating. Plenty of time to find on the Road Course. Already seen a 24.077 1st sector and a couple of 22.2s in sector 2. It'll be a good challenge of a week.

Vagabond
Too right - much time spent gently drifting off line and clawing the air for purchase. :P

Haha! Oh yes! I know that feeling! As soon as a wheel gently brushes one blade of grass the whole car goes mental and spins!!

Cheers guys! early days and lots to find all over the place :cool:

Update on the road course for me...

Lost a tenth or so missing the gear up heading towards T2 on this lap so I'm pretty sure a 45.xxx T2 is on the cards as this lap is sloppier than it's splits suggest :dopey: ... will be fun tidying it up 👍

GL to all flogging this beast of a car :cheers:

edit:

update...

Last edited:
Some more laps on Speedway and last night splits from Road Course

T1: 54.724
T2: 24.129
T3: 22.392

Edit: Another session around Road Course but that last chicane is the "devil" :mad:

T1: 54.506
T2: 23.904
T3: 22.263

Last edited:

Love the road course - this car wouldn't suit it without R1s or R2s, but with the soft rubber it is excellent fun. Oval is a bit "meh" - not sure I really know which line to take at any given point but throwing it in and hoping it sticks seems to work ok :D

Just need to get a lap with a good T1 on the road course and that'll be a reasonable start.

Last edited:
Maybe this has been addressed in the past, but I would need clarification on this area of the road course:

scaled.php

Race Specifics:

Road Course:
  • Rumble strips and tarmac are track surface.
Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• Runoff areas are not part of the track

Is the area outside the white line considered a runoff area?

Maybe this has been addressed in the past, but I would need clarification on this area of the road course:

scaled.php

Is the area outside the white line considered a runoff area?
I believe this same area was discussed during week 11 WRS. EDK ruled it to be clean.
That part is definitely a run off area!
Probably should wait for Kevin on this one... But in the mean time have a look at his ruling from week 11 here

Blimey, thanks Rees...I raced in wk11 and was certain that bit was off limits but my memory is clearly quite poor! Sorry for the potential wrong info guys...

I believe this same area was discussed during week 11 WRS. EDK ruled it to be clean.

Probably should wait for Kevin on this one... But in the mean time have a look at his ruling from week 11 here
Running wide there is clean, but not necessarily fast. I think you'll find if you turn in sooner and hug the grass, you'll be able to maintain a tighter line, and will pick up a tenth or so.

Some 'safe' banker laps...

Very safe judging by some of the times already posted.

Edit: Added some shake n bake...

Last edited:
I thought the DS3z could go lock to lock faster then a wheel. As for scrubing off speed using the front wheels I only do that when I'm off line and need to rotate the car to save it. I try not to use anything but momentum and slide through the turn by leaning on the edges equaly F n R.

Yes quicker turning lock to lock I like driving 7 sensitivity and I deffinitly notice how hard it is to turn as quickly even if you whip a wheel.

As for any advice about how to drive the track with a wheel please forget I mentioned anything.

The same rules just dont seem to be applying I learned in the seasonal at the oval driving wheel.

Edit: Holy smokes I dont know why I didnt notice this before on the splitsboard but Joao it looks like you really have stepped your game up several notches now!

Last edited:
EDK
Running wide there is clean, but not necessarily fast. I think you'll find if you turn in sooner and hug the grass, you'll be able to maintain a tighter line, and will pick up a tenth or so.

Thanks Kevin. Your advice may be good for people who can drive, but for me, I needed to know in case I would have a fantastic lap up to that point and then could not keep it inside the line. :dunce:

Have I mentioned that I detest any form of motorsport that involves driving in a left hand circle? Not going to focus any further effort on the oval.

Last edited:
Sweet 1st sector Joao. 👍 Did you get a box of extra pace for Christmas or something? Or someone gave you a D1 turbo button for your wheel... :P You're times are a world away from what they were last year.

Managed to sneak another session in this afternoon after an early finish and before anyone noticed... Hopefully I'll keep sneaking further sessions in as the week goes on. :sly:

22.301 :dopey:

Ron is right (not that anyone would've thought he was wrong :dopey:) - a 45.x is possible at T2... I saw a low 23.8 then went straight off the edge of turn 5 in response. :crazy: And if I can get a low 22.2 then a high 22.1 is possible. Nail that together and then get through the chicane without screwing it up and we're cooking with gas. 💡

EDK
....hug the grass, you'll be able to maintain a tighter line, and will pick up a tenth or so.
👍

Last edited:

Was'nt going to submit these slow times, but I'm sure I can improve as the week progresses! :irked:

Last edited:
Had a quick go with this last night and it was first time using this car but I just can't get on with that gearbox. I'm tight on time anyway this week as I'm going to the Grand Prix, so I think I'll sit this one out after all.

Good luck all 👍

I can't imagin trying to use A/T on this combo given the issues w/ how tall 5th is. I don't know how I was able to last as long as I did when Kaz was shifting for me :lol:

Found a little bit more skip in my getty up :)

"Cool" I finally made it into the 1 second club :)

I choped .2 off the OT also :)

Off to the oval to see if there is anything left :banghead:

Last edited:
Just had a few laps after work and beat my road course save within 10 mins which is not something i'm used to? but not complaining :P My best save now has...

I've seen a few 23.8's and one time a 46:001 at T2 and stuffed the last little turn before the back straight and scrubbed all the speed :mad:
The rest of the lap was spot on... I hate that :dunce:

Cracking splits being posted so far in all the divisions, looks like its all down to who has the biggest set of balls for the last little cut over before the final dash! :lol:
It's a strange car but already straight in my faves after this WRS event :cheers:

GL all taking part :)

Last edited:
Back