GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 57 : Dual Indy Duel

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 184 comments
Here's my splits for the board 👍

Had a 24.2 so know I've got at least .5 over the lap, I will get back on it tomorrow, great combo :)

Last edited:
Spent about 1.5 hours at each track. I can promise you I won't be spending any more time at the Superspeedway, I'd rather pound my face against a wall.

In the right thread this time!

Tried the oval for another hour yesterday for 0.1 improvement but forgot to save replay :dunce: The best I can see there with a DS3 is a 55 flat but getting it will be hard.
15 min on the circuit(much more fun) and went 0.5 faster on the lap :)

First splits. haha (been driving for three days now to get this far up the board)

All splits are with a DS3. BB 5/5

Still DS3 at oval.

Do I have to say it everytime? Ill just tell you in the future if I do the oval with the wheel ok?:lol:

Definitly no doubt possible to get below a 55 flat JTV.

Goal is to get ahead of Hydro and I believe we have the excat same...whatever...time on the board now. Also I want an 8 now at the oval with a DS3.

Mini goals achieved! Yippie yay me! haha If your a DS3 driver well you now know at least an 54.8 is possible. I would go lower but Im tired now need a break. wow you wouldnt believe how close I came to almost getting 3 tires inside the white line on turn 1. My front tire just gets about half the white line. I just barely missed hitting the wall on exit of turn 4 also. But I didnt. hahaha

Last edited:
Mini goals achieved! Yippie yay me! haha If your a DS3 driver well you now know at least an 54.8 is possible. I would go lower but Im tired now need a break. wow you wouldnt believe how close I came to almost getting 3 tires inside the white line on turn 1. My front tire just gets about half the white line. I just barely missed hitting the wall on exit of turn 4 also. But I didnt. hahaha

My approach to this weeks combo was doing the oval first until I'm happy with my time there. Fortunately I achieved my target time in my third long session, so I don't have to hit the walls in the oval anymore. There's still .05 sec left on the oval track, but it's not worth wasting more time for a few hundreths. I only had a short session on the road course, but here are my first splits of the week:

T1: 54.780 :) (ABS 1, BB 1/10, CS 7)
T2: 24.661
T3: 22.626

....looks like its all down to who has the biggest set of balls for the last little cut over before the final dash! :lol:

Its the chicane in sector 3 that kills me at this track Ron, just like it did in week 11. Any tips? :sly:

I can promise you I won't be spending any more time at the Superspeedway, I'd rather pound my face against a wall.

I wouldn´t say better :ouch:

T1: 54.251
T2: 23.904
T3: 22.263

Now to Road Course 👍, and with this car is so much better than Week 11, where a little to much gas and was a spin for sure :crazy:

My approach to this weeks combo was doing the oval first until I'm happy with my time there. Fortunately I achieved my target time in my third long session, so I don't have to hit the walls in the oval anymore. There's still .05 sec left on the oval track, but it's not worth wasting more time for a few hundreths. I only had a short session on the road course, but here are my first splits of the week:

T1: 54.780 :) (ABS 1, BB 1/10, CS 7)
T2: 24.661
T3: 22.626

Nice job at the oval Viper.👍

Long story short Im doing both tracks some each day because I learn to drive better when I sleep.

Of course I learn some as Im doing them but when sleeping is when I put the pieces together. So much of it i dont really know conciously. Just wow Im so much quicker today kind of effect happens especially early in the week.

@Joao i dont think you really needed to go lower at the oval. lol Basically you just gave yourself a half second head start in this weeks road couse TT. Do you really need it? hahaha Your driving good. I remember the days when we were well matched if I match you this week oh my god! Dont hold anything back your driving great and in 2nd now.👍

Last edited:
On my first laps at the oval I constantly crashed into the walls, so I decided that I need to finish the very frustrating part of this combo as soon as possible. There's only a certain amount of wall banging:banghead: on an oval a German can tolerate without going insane. Now I can completely focus on the fun part of this week.

I came to almost getting 3 tires inside the white line on turn 1. My front tire just gets about half the white line.

After reading this I have to go check my white line issues :nervous:. I thought that any hard surface on the inside was ok as long as it wasn't objects like walls. I think I'm ok but if not I have lots of time to clean up my oval action as my road stuff is clean

Still a bunch of time on the road course, haven't had a really good T1+T2 yet, this was the first time under 46.500 but yet it still looks sloppy and not tight to the apex.

Oval is almost done....don't think I'll go much quicker.

Edit: What the hell Joao.... Quicker to split 2 on the road course than 2x D1G drivers!!!
images
of me catching you up!

Edit 2:

24.276 :banghead:

Dear god, a hopeless turn 3, missed the apex by 10 feet.

Last edited:
If your looking for info in the data logger as to weather you touched a wall I can tell you that if you touch the wall without causing much impact there is no detectable anything to be found there so be careful if your are looking for something to lean on.

I just turned my fastest oval lap and thought I just touched the wall and couldn't find anything in the DL. Not having any place to fall back on for comfort I turned the volume up to the max as I replayed the lap and could just barely hear something. Good Luk 👍

Joao... what the hell...? :crazy: Had some help from friends? Do these friends live on Mount Olympus? :P

I may be out of it guys. My wheel went haywire in tonight's 3D3 online race so I'm off to Fanatec Customer Support tomorrow, cap in hand. Wish me luck.

The combo is ok but its not to my liking :P. (The car wallows like a boat :lol:)

Anyway my first ever WRS splits are:

Sector 2 seems im losing loads of time there but I cant for the life of me find it.. :rolleyes:.

Edit: For clarification purposes, if a tire is on the white line it's still legal, correct? On my current oval time the right front tire is on the white line and the outer edge of the tire is even with the right side of the white line.

Edit 2: I see it's still legal per the rules.

Last edited:
Updated splits:

Pretty poor 2nd sector, but my personal best first sector, and pretty darn good 3rd and 4th sectors added up to almost 2 tenths at the line.

I'm probably going to be done with this combo, this car is not my cup of tea. If it was on sports tires though... that would be fun :mischievous:

Nevermind

Times after about an hour. Hope I can get more time to run this one.

Edit: Just realized I didn't save my best lap. Lame

Edit, edit: wrong tires on superspeedway. Double lame.

I'm going to bed.

Last edited:

4/7 BB like I think JTV mentioned earlier in the thread at the road course.

I havent been able to beat a 22.34x thru T2 yet. Im hoping Viper will or someone else with a DS3.

So I drove some laps using 3/8 BB did a cool super slip move thru corner one and hyper fast. However never could do it again. Couldnt beat my OT so I try 2/9 BB and set a PB thru T1 and T2. Sweet huh?:)

Using wheel at the Oval now.

Last edited:
That makes sense then.

Not sure why he didn't edit in a previous lap just to fix the mistake. It's what I would've done.

Back