GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 57 : Dual Indy Duel

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 184 comments
Worked on the road course again, got a little more.

Okay, I'm hopeless.

I knew my times at the start of the week were lame, but now I have put some time in and I'm still in the basement.

My times are slowly improving on the road coarse, and I can see where I need to improve there. But on the oval I must be approaching it all wrong.

I need to skip the next week's time trial and spend the time downloading replays and chasing ghosts instead. Just turning laps isn't getting me there very quickly.

Current splits:

Faster replays always help, and if you can, pick a guy who is slightly faster than you and try to beat his ghost. That's what I did with the GT Academy TT demo back in 2010 and it worked for me.

I understand Stuart! What has helped me the most besides the constant competition of Div. 4 is running the weekly WRS/3D3 races. I saw you there a couple of weeks ago I took last week off I hope you will join us again on Wed. I also jump into the 3D3 lounge every once in a while to practice. My first few 3D3 races I was so slow I was lapped by almost the whole field. Just keep on trying and we will all help you get faster! Send me a PS3 friend request and we can hit the track together sometimes.
Al

Thanks a lot for the encouragement, guys. I'll definitely be at more of the online races. I missed last week only because I was out of town. I'll study & chase some replays and hopefully get fast enough to hang with you, Allibubba.

I am out of commision. So far I have had (2) G25's that hav died. Now waiting for a order for a T500rs to arrive next week. They both lasted until the warrenty expired.:grumpy:

What podium are you talking about? Overall or D2? :sly:

Really respect your commitement through out the week :bowdown:

And you always start slow and improve a lot til the end. My problem now is that after one or two sessions i'm close to my best and is very difficult to improve :crazy:

The whole reason I joined the WRS was in a hopes to start having your problem.:)

@Viper way to go a 6 is massivly quick not sure how you pulled that one off with a DS3.

@ Baron nice job getting in the lead in D2 on the splitsboard.

Planning on trying next weeks combo now. Might try this one a little again I dont know. Not saying Im done just think I might be is all.

Got a slightly better oval time with a 54.149, I could get ahead of my dirty 54.0 ghost on a few occasions but always managed to scrub my speed on the last 2 turns 👎 I give up anyway and submitting what I have and moving on to the next :)

Good luck to all in the results 👍

I was hopeing to live off my laurels but I'm being tailgated :lol:

Tailgated? Them's fightin' words, suh! (pulls out large weighted cartoon glove)

That was a respectful bump-drafting distance, dagnabit - you saw how much room the next guy back in the draft pack left me :boggled:!

Naaah, good luck 👍

I did fix the oval up a bit. Should have started this earlier; at least I can see where I could go under this now, and I picked up the tenth I wanted.

Submitting. Dropped something like .3 over the road course lap, but I've lost the plot there, too tired. It was an educational combo for me.

Watch that first step - it's a dooo-ooo-oozy :sly:.

Last edited:
This has been one the greatest weeks I have had in a while, I saved some bukz on Killing off my cable provider and replacing them w/ free internet streaming tv channels. Canceled my land line phone provider and replaced them w/ Magic Jack Plus. Got some justice from being fraudulantly riped off by an internet scam (got my money back .. he he he.) Found a great deal on a new SNEL 2010 helmet for Little, and it fit so I didn't have to send it back. But most of all I had the greatest time w/ this combo and the pins and needles I have been sitting on all week mixing it up w/ some crazy fast drivers here.

Thankz....... :)

Ok went back to the road course and took 5 tenths off my old time :) Still left a couple of tenths at the two turns after T1 but happy with my improvement all the same!
Going back to the oval now see if I gain a whole tenth! :eek:

Edit took 2 tenths off my oval :D and 2 off my road course too :D

Edit 2. took a teeny weeny bit more off my road course, gonna submit now before I beat you all! :dopey:

Last edited:
wish i could have found my 22.1 again on t2 and i know my oval is gonna sink me, oh well, i'm submitting and moving on to this weeks.

Not had chance to do any more running. Was hoping to improve my oval lap into the fifty fours, submitting with what I put on the board earlier in the week.

Good luck all, see you at the finish.

Got my 23.7 but screwed everything else up and crossed the line only 0.004 ahead :(

Edit- new splits

Last edited:
Got my 23.7 but screwed everything else up and crossed the line only 0.004 ahead :(

Great splits!... Looks plenty enough to beat me overall mate! I lost about .150 on my best lap on the road course after T2 also :dopey: It was a nice battle over the week 👍

Well done to all, (especially to my missus) for a great effort and some very respectable laptimes :cool:

Father´s day in Portugal so my kids spent the last hour with hugs and kisses :dopey::D

A big welcome to all father´s and sons on this board, it´s a long and great journey, sometimes like the "oval", but most of the time more like the "road course" :crazy::sly:

Final splits:

Don´t know why but really liked this week, and thanks to Baron and Jack to keep pushing me 👍

Good luck to all :cheers:

I think I'm out... :( Got the G25 up and running but its very loose and rattles worryingly and, well, I'm hopeless with it at the moment quite frankly. I don't have time to try and get a grip of it and be smooth enough to get a decent lap in. My previous effort from last week was a disaster through sectors 3 and 4 so it looks like I'm all back of the bus and s***.

Best of luck everyone running - some fantastic splits up there. :cheers:

Last edited:
Best lap at road course is too close to call on that last right turn leading onto the oval...so I'm not going to risk it and I've had it with trying.... I seriously could not keep up this week :bowdown: @Baron @Jack @Joao

Back