GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 57 : Dual Indy Duel

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 184 comments
That makes sense then.

Not sure why he didn't edit in a previous lap just to fix the mistake. It's what I would've done.

The only laps I ran were on softs. Sorry for the error, I make them often.

Cats, could you go and edit your post above? Just remove the invalid splits. I'll remove them from the leaderboard.

After being bumped out of the 1 second club I found a window barely open and squeezed back in w/ this. I wouldn't have posted it but I wanted back in :lol:

Looks like I cracked another chunk off the ol oval gold nugget :)

Last edited:
LeftyWright69
After being bumped out of the 1 second club I found a window barely open and squeezed back in w/ this. I wouldn't have posted it but I wanted back in :lol:

Nice splits!

I do love your Idea of how to place yourself! I like to go for 0.5 seconds per split... So 1.5 seconds this week and I'm not quite there yet! :(

Thankz Munch :)

I have learned that I can't go fast on some tracks and the ones that I have a grip on just need a little nudging every day if I can be so lucky. I hope I can still find more time to trim.

Ok. Correct tires, and I remembered to save my best lap. Things are going swimmingly. Should be about .2 left in splits on the road course.

Ok. Correct tires, and I remembered to save my best lap. Things are going swimmingly. Should be about .2 left in splits on the road course.

Way to go! I need someone to compete with. I knew you looked to be on fire from your initial splits posted last night. I might not be able to keep up but glad your in!👍

Edit: Also you inspired me to get a 3 myself at the Oval!

Edit again. hahaha I finally figured out your GTP user name Baron I definitly thought it was just jibberish and kind of like zslroblmseesknl. Its Zero Degrees Kelvin!

Last edited:
Way to go! I need someone to compete with. I knew you looked to be on fire from your initial splits posted last night. I might not be able to keep up but glad your in!👍

Edit: Also you inspired me to get a 3 myself at the Oval!

Thanks Jack. Looks like you're keeping up just fine to me, only.001 between us.

Most recent session went much better than the first. I'm trying to jam some racing in between 12 hour work days and getting our new house ready so we can move in, and I don't always pay close enough attention to what I'm doing.

I'm sure the rest of D2 will be closing in by the end of the week, plus there's always Joao to chase down.

Fetch boy!

I've done a 23.7 in T1 but everything else on these laps was my PB :)

Edit: Ok now it's PB in T1 and not so great everywhere else.

Oval 5/5 Road 4/6

Last edited:
Amazing splits Lester :bowdown: and also great fight Baron and Jack 👍 (i´m starting to worry, so i getting on my seat this weekend :dopey:)

But really sad our first multi track week with so few drivers :nervous::boggled:

I love it when more members show up hopeing to see all the head lights in my mirror, but I usally get blinded by so many tail lights. :lol:

Just crazy speed there "Go Fast" - wow 👍

Off to the oval to see if I can get back into the 1 second club :banghead:

Last edited:
Going to assume oval boundaries are the same for the road course. Silly mental error on my part going below the line on a lap that was much faster than my previous. :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

No need to assume, the track boundaries are clearly laid out in the OP, and they differ between the oval and road course. Save that replay!

ie, if you're talking about the final high speed turn on the road course, all tarmac is legal there, regardless of the white line.

I saved the replay. No way I was going to give that lap up.

Let me get a screenshot....

rBO2ORyHmTPWfVdCMhU_0.jpg

Im sure thats legal because the track boundaries extends to the kerb?

So it is legal. Didn't want to put an dirty times on the board.

Last edited:
Im sure thats legal because the track boundaries extends to the kerb?

Correct, and this is the rule from the OP that covers that:

The concrete surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track

GTPorsche, you need your oval time listed first.

First splits I am posting, hope to cut some more time off these, especially my T2.

Really not any good with this car, feels really clumsy on almost all turns of the road course. Probably a good thing as I need to practice at Spa!

Last edited:
Can't seem to like this dual race, I don't do well on the oval (lead foot) with tanks! Maybe the next TT will nicer to me? :grumpy:

More headlights for Lefty.... one and a bit solid sessions in.

I think I've found the main problem for me at the oval (other than me being awful at it) - but I'll update that later. Also need to fix my heinous T2 :ouch:

The car is hilarious; seem's like Satan's hearse or something. Only, y'know, slower.

Edit, same-same but different (found the oval lap down the back of the couch. Or had just forgotten to note it...):

Last edited:
Tried for 2 days now to beat my Road course OT. 2 days of no progress there at all.

Shaved 2 thousandths off my Oval lap...might sound silly but Im real happy to have went just a little lower today.:)

Back