GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 6 : 2011 Rally of Monaco

• Thread starter EDK
  • 626 comments
After seeing Vagabond and Plato sharking my splits whilst i was down here in our corner of the world sleeping and stewing about it since my post 6 or so hours ago........ i got a bit cranky:grumpy::sly:

T1: 27.012
T2: 43.403

Re-submitted.

Thats a great 2nd split, you didn't have much to worry about before posting that time, i'm still unhappy that the time I got last night is still slower than my previous. If it wasn't for running wide at the corner before the tunnel and loosing all my exit speed I might of been able to challenge for the podium.....maybe next time :ouch:

Lovin this combo, sad to see it go :(
Done 0.2 quicker but suspect it's dirty, don't know how to do frame by frame on the replays. Have done 0.148 faster in T3 but hard to get it together in one lap.

Submitting with the following one anyway

Slightly slower T2 but faster at the line by 0.3

After seeing Vagabond and Plato sharking my splits whilst i was down here in our corner of the world sleeping and stewing about it since my post 6 or so hours ago........ i got a bit cranky:grumpy::sly:

T1: 27.012
T2: 43.403

Re-submitted.

Holy crap! You keep doing this to me Steve lad... I think I might have half a chance of beating you and you have an alien freak out. Hmmph! :crazy:

Time submitted

Good luck everybody, looks like there will be a fight for 3rd place :)

Not sure if I will be entering week 7 as I had an accident and deleted my game save, not sure I can be bothered with ranking up to the right level to compete.

What a stupid mistake :dunce:

Time submitted

Good luck everybody, looks like there will be a fight for 3rd place :)

Not sure if I will be entering week 7 as I had an accident and deleted my game save, not sure I can be bothered with ranking up to the right level to compete.

What a stupid mistake :dunce:

That blows!
Your stay here was short.

A reminder to others to back up your game save, frequently.

That blows!
Your stay here was short.

A reminder to others to back up your game save, frequently.

I was only A spec 16 on my GTP account anyway, my main account is fine. I won't be going anywhere, I like the friendly competitive environment to much.

I was just saying it's a bit of a chore without the big xp payouts we used to have in the seasonal events to rank up, for me it feels worse as I have been through the game up to level 30+ on both other accounts, plus from what I have read about the restarts for the event, that sounds a chore in itself.

I may have a change of heart midweek, who knows. I like to compete :)

Save is backed up, but only being level 16 on this account isn't a great loss.

Submitting with these splits

CtedAzur_5.jpg

CtedAzur_3.jpg

CtedAzur_1.jpg

CtedAzur.jpg

I love the first pic and the last pic. 👍

BTW - I submitted with my splits on the board, did not have a chance to come back to this one.

Final splits for me:

T1: 27.486
T2: 44.848

I had 2/10ths on each sector several times but always screwed up the last sector

Am hoping to get another go at this tonight after being away for the weekend. i know i can make up on the last sector a lot of time! :)

Well, I'm blaming Kenny. He's the one who said he was running Monaco, so I gave it one last session. T1 is so slow, but I can't beat the t2. Final splits:
T1: 27.321
T2: 44.215

Submitting time.

Ok, I have given up for this week, I've spent plenty of hours on it. I will be submitting with the following splits.

T1: 27.100
T2: 44.014

I made a mistake in the final sector though, so this isn't as much of an improvement as it could have been.:ouch:

I reckon I really am about done now as well... T3 is still a total mess but I've just about run out of patience.

T1: 27.051
T2: 43.794

I'll have one last run (maybe) later but I'll be glad to see the back of Monaco.

Submitted time. Not happy with it, I know I can pick up a couple tenths still but ps3 dying and no time Sunday and Monday didn't help me get faster.

Now I have a question regarding two wheels on the track. Do all parts of the curbs count or is it only the top? Is this OK?

picture.php

Submitted time. Not happy with it, I know I can pick up a couple tenths still but ps3 dying and no time Sunday and Monday didn't help me get faster.

mcfizzle,
I saw your other post about your old PS3 getting YLOD. I also have a fatty BC 60G and fixed my YLOD by following the series of videos on youtube (search "gilksy ps3 ylod fix"). Not permanent, but it's worked for about 10hours after the fix, so far. I borrowed a heat gun from work, and ended up splurging $10 on the Arctic Silver. I even ended up with 6 extra screws that I must have forgotten to replace! :dunce:

Now I have a question regarding two wheels on the track. Do all parts of the curbs count or is it only the top? Is this OK?

That's OK as it's frozen.

I would be a little nervous as to whether or not it slips off of there at any point, you need to carefully scrutinize it.

picture.php

Believe it or not I just recieved a message back from Maz about my lap that I have now saved over regarding exactly the same issue with the chicane. I'm sure you stole my picture lol, my corner was exactly like that and Maz replied to me by saying as long as there is even a sliver on the track it's clean.

Wish I would have known earlier, as my previous lap that looked like that was faster. Just hope I don't get beaten to the podium by half a tenth if I have a chance of the podium that is.

Hope this helps.

EDK
That's OK as it's frozen.

I would be a little nervous as to whether or not it slips off of there at any point, you need to carefully scrutinize it.

I did, the car is actually sliding outwards at that time so from numerous stills it is my belief that this is as close it gets.

Edit: Here's the next "frame". It's about a meter or so later.

picture.php

Last edited:
@Anghammarad

Surely if you roll that forward by about 1/1000th of a second, there'll be a microscopic period where your left-front is not in contact with the curb? The angle of the wheel looks that way, to me?

I have a lap like this, with splits which are .300 faster - I dare not submit it cos it's just too close on that part! That damn curb should be a few inches wider ;)

Edit: Hmm I might have to re-watch my replay lol - perhaps there's life in it yet. I had assumed that we needed the wheel on top of the curb, rather than the narrow "drop-off" part (No idea what else to call it!)

Going to submit. Can't get a faster lap than I already had and every time I do have a lap that looks like it will be faster I end up grazing the wall very slightly.

Anyone else think for a track like monaco the ruling should be a bit stricter for the chicane so the rules are clearer for everybody. I had a lap similar to the picture above where I only had a small fraction of the tire on the curb. A good example of how a lap should be deemed clean would be the F1 racing at this particular track, they get warnings or drive through penalties for just having the right side of the car off the track.

Any thoughts on this?

Obviously I am not after the ruling being changed during this time trial or it will make it unfair on those who have ran it, but how about in the future, would save a lot less problems for those who have to view the replays

Anyone else think for a track like monaco the ruling should be a bit stricter for the chicane so the rules are clearer for everybody. I had a lap similar to the picture above where I only had a small fraction of the tire on the curb. A good example of how a lap should be deemed clean would be the F1 racing at this particular track, they get warnings or drive through penalties for just having the right side of the car off the track.

Any thoughts on this?

I have thoughts on it.

In terms of what's considered on track, I'm using the same rules we've used since the beginning of WRS. We have never had a 4 wheels on track standard, and I'm not about to try and implement one now.

I tried to set race specific rules for this week that would not allow for cutting of the chicane, but would be realistic in terms of being able to get a clean run through the chicane.

EDK
I have thoughts on it.

In terms of what's considered on track, I'm using the same rules we've used since the beginning of WRS. We have never had a 4 wheels on track standard, and I'm not about to try and implement one now.

I tried to set race specific rules for this week that would not allow for cutting of the chicane, but would be realistic in terms of being able to get a clean run through the chicane.

sorry I did edit and add to that post that it would not be fair to implement now, not sure if you saw that. It was just an idea that I thought would help out those who have to spend time viewing these replays and with no rewind feature it would make it a lot easier. This was just an idea and not a complaint by the way

Any thoughts on this?

Obviously I am not after the ruling being changed during this time trial or it will make it unfair on those who have ran it, but how about in the future, would save a lot less problems for those who have to view the replays

Did you delete the replay? That would be the only reason why you couldn't use that "questionable" lap, if you later deemed it clean.
I typically keep about 4 replays for each week, and even keep the dirty ones.

BTW, welcome Plato, awesome times you're putting down! 👍

Back