GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 62 : Benz - (B)east

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 331 comments
improved on my laptime with 0.120, but first splits where practicly the same.... still pushing for that 'wonder' lap.

ps ; attended the Fia gt1 and gt3 races yesterday at Zolder (belgium). Found lots of inspiration ;)

During the last ad break in the F1 race I finished Lap 30 of using Wes's Tune:bowdown:

:mischievous:

Here's some pics of my ride. Need a little practice taking pics.

GrandValleyEast_1.jpg

GrandValleyEast.jpg

Starting to use jack's tune. I will try lefty's 6sp tranny next.

Still crappy, but I'm having fun. :sly:

Last edited:
First splits:

Probably get one more go at this; T2 is hard.

In awe of the splits I've seen this week from folk in *all* divisions, best I managed was only a shade under 39 secs and that was with a decent amount of effort.

Taking a short WRS break for a few weeks. All the best to my fellow D2 competitors in the results! 👍 👍

millross
In awe of the splits I've seen this week from folk in *all* divisions, best I managed was only a shade under 39 secs and that was with a decent amount of effort.

Taking a short WRS break for a few weeks. All the best to my fellow D2 competitors in the results! 👍 👍

Agree. I gave this a quick try and did not get along with the car at all, and wasn't running anything close to competitive times.

Matt, hope to see you back soon.

999.1 miles 🤬

I can't see it happening but I'm still going for the overall win. Not going to give up with probably the best chance I'll ever get. Of course my T3 could be absolute poop..

999.1 miles 🤬

I can't see it happening but I'm still going for the overall win. Not going to give up with probably the best chance I'll ever get. Of course my T3 could be absolute poop..

That's a ton of miles, I'm over 580 miles and I thought that was a lot.:sly: In my defence I ran over 300 of them with a rubbish tune before Wes posted his. I don't think I can beat you this week but I'll have another go tomorrow to try and seal a podium place.:)

Don´t forget the word "short" :sly:👍

well knocked them down a little bit more today. Still at it for a little while longer I get a smokin T1 time and my T2 sucks then the next time around I get a smokin T2 and my T1 sucks.

This is the best I'm going to get on this one...

Great gearing ratios posted by w-g-e, how do you figure out the perfect gearing for a car? Anyone know?

GrandValleyEast.jpg

Great gearing ratios posted by w-g-e, how do you figure out the perfect gearing for a car? Anyone know?

Normally, optimizing gears on GT5 works something like this -

Set the Final Drive at the highest number (All the way right)

Set the top speed at the lowest number (all the way left)

Set individual ratios. 1st gear all the way left, 6th gear all the way right.

Change the final drive (NOT top speed) to get the top speed of the car at an appropriate level for the track. Normally, this means you are nearly maxing out in the highest gear on the longest straight.

Adjust 2nd, 4th and 5th gears to gap appropriately to the other gears already set. Use the visual in the gear screen to determine these. 3rd is normally left alone, whether transmission is 5 speed or 6 speed.

I wanted to try the new combo but Im giving this one a full WRS weeks effort.

Gotta if I want a chance for a podium in D2.

Last edited:
well I dont know whey but the fetchbot keeps rejecting my final lap time. Hope all that time spent was not for nothing. :odd:

I checked, and you simply need to submit again, replacing the : with a '

I've given up now, submitted the lap with these splits.

It's a scrappy lap but it is also my fastest.:dopey: Hopefully I can snatch a podium with it.:)

Lost my nerve in T3 though after seeing those numbers, and sadly I've run out of time. Good luck to all running up to the deadline :).

Have to admit I'm getting quite scared of a late onslaught from you guys :scared:

Nice splits 👍 Going to give it one final run tonight.

Tought of going back to this but lost the motivation :crazy:

Splits from best lap:

T1: 18.940
T2: 19.311

Good luck to all :cheers:

(PS - Great to see so many this week 👍)

The 6-speed setup in my #2 Benz.........thanks for posting it, Lefty. 👍.

TOP RGHT 209
1st 3016
2nd 2464
3rd 2030
4th 1632
5th 1341
6th 1138
7th 998 or whatever.
Final 2881
TOP SPD 124

T1: 19.362
T2: 20.463

Probably will submit with these.

Slower splits but faster at the line. Looks like this is my last hurrah. With those splits I'm fairly certain Twissy's got it, pretty sure my T3 is nothing special. Of course there could always be a late charge from Yanaran or Vagabond..

T1: 18.947
T2: 19.242

Back