GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 62 : Benz - (B)east

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 331 comments
I've had no time to get back to this and will submit a time with slower T1 and T2 times.

T1: 19.361
T2: 20.113

Slower splits but faster at the line. Looks like this is my last hurrah. With those splits I'm fairly certain Twissy's got it, pretty sure my T3 is nothing special. Of course there could always be a late charge from Yanaran or Vagabond..

T1: 18.947
T2: 19.242

or me.:)

Man!!! Looking at the leaderboard, I was just thinking what a level equallizing combo this is. I expect to have a few divisions intermixed, but this one has all divisions in amoungst the top times. This is what it is all about guys. For some reason, this one has brought out the best of all who have competed in it! My hat is off to all of you, and I salute each and every one of you that competed and are still plugging away at it.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to watch that new show on FOX:
"Biffy, the D1 Slayer"

Man!!! Looking at the leaderboard, I was just thinking what a level equallizing combo this is. I expect to have a few divisions intermixed, but this one has all divisions in amoungst the top times. This is what it is all about guys. For some reason, this one has brought out the best of all who have competed in it! My hat is off to all of you, and I salute each and every one of you that competed and are still plugging away at it.

Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to watch that new show on FOX:
"Biffy, the D1 Slayer"

They're not commissioning that show until they see the results :scared:

Time submitted ;)

No late charge from me, I submitted 2 days ago. Not happy with the overall time but it's just impossible to get a mistake-free lap. I don't think anyone will have a shot at Twissy but good luck anyway ;)

To be honest I didn't like vagabond's comment at the beginning of the week, so I'm happy Biffy's (hopefully) done well this week.
Looking forward to see the results, good luck everyone and especially Biffy. Work hard towards that promotion man, you don't seem to be lacking in pace. 👍

Thanks, I've still got a lot of work to do though. I'd love to have come out with better splits and really challenged Twissy, but tbh, I'm for once happy because I really have tried my best. I think the car can agree too, 1231 miles :crazy:

No late charge from me, I submitted 2 days ago. Not happy with the overall time but it's just impossible to get a mistake-free lap. I don't think anyone will have a shot at Twissy but good luck anyway ;)

Its definatley gonna be close whichever way it goes, and for Biffy to get those splits with a pad is certainly some achievement, who knows it may even be a win! GL All

I'm not even competing and I'm excited to see the results for this week. Great job everyone, some great battles going on and some unbelievable performances. Jordan may not be in D2 much longer if he keeps this type of driving up.👍 Good luck all. :cheers:

So, I just popped in last night, cruised round for a lap, and was happy and done.

OH S

That's what happened.

Totally.

:banghead:

EDIT: Submitted. I don't think Jon's got anything to worry about... :cheers:

Last edited:
To be honest I didn't like vagabond's comment at the beginning of the week...
I don't like most of your comments mate but until now have had the good grace not to say anything. Biffy took it in good humour anyway so really, what business is it of yours? If he wins, I'll be amongst the first to congratulate him regardless of your opinions.

Of course there could always be a late charge from Yanaran or Vagabond..
I'm going to have a last run now but to be honest I'm finding it harder than usual to be consistent with this combo. Great job this week lad. 👍 Likely my submission will be with these slightly disappointing splits:

And my 3rd sector is a tenth down on my best too so I'm not too hopeful of a good finish. Tough week and some great performances all round, particularly from D2 :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks guys 👍 All I can say now is.... the chase is back on! 38.09x by T2!

See this is what I like about this, pushing it to the limit!:scared: I'm secretly pulling for ya! The pad can do it! 👍

I don't like most of your comments mate but until now have had the good grace not to say anything. Biffy took it in good humour anyway so really, what business is it of yours? If he wins, I'll be amongst the first to congratulate him regardless of your opinions.

What business is that of mine? None, but I don't like the attutude of "just because you're in D2 don't expect to do better than me and don't expect an overall win".
It'd be the same as if in events which I take part, I went and said "considering your subdivision versus mine don't expect to win this one/finish above me". You'd get offended, wouldn't you? Everyone would.

Anyways, I'm eiger to see the results (and to see Twissy in D1G too ;)), can't wait.

What business is that of mine? None, but I don't like the attutude of "just because you're in D2 don't expect to do better than me and don't expect an overall win".
It'd be the same as if in events which I take part, I went and said "considering your subdivision versus mine don't expect to win this one/finish above me". You'd get offended, wouldn't you? Everyone would.

Anyways, I'm eiger to see the results (and to see Twissy in D1G too ;)), can't wait.

I know Twissy has had wins but if he wins that event it doesn't mean he will be promoted straight away. He has to prove himself against the top guys in D1 gold and get wins as far as I know.

Not saying that he shouldn't be in gold as he is obviously fast enough but from what I have heard you don't just jump into gold because of your handicap.

As for the comment about Chris, you have him completely wrong, more to the point you read his comment wrong. Everyone will tell you Chris is not like that.

Edit:

Looks a very close week, even I am waiting for the results of this one :)

I know Twissy has had wins but if he wins that event it doesn't mean he will be promoted straight away. He has to prove himself against the top guys in D1 gold and get wins as far as I know.

Not saying that he shouldn't be in gold as he is obviously fast enough but from what I have heard you don't just jump into gold because of your handicap.

As for the comment about Chris, you have him completely wrong, more to the point you read his comment wrong. Everyone will tell you Chris is not like that.

👍

Its nothing to do with divisions. I started in D2 Bronze and came 10th overall in week 1 so I'm hardly likely to start throwing around comments based on divisional placement versus potential performance.... (Although nobody was more surprised than me at that result.) It is in fact you who defines themselves by their division.
D1G is the only thing which pushes me to do well on GT5, without that I'm nothing.
Best thing you could do is wind your neck in - you don't know me well enough to second guess the purpose of my comments.

Last edited:
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Completely lost track of time and did not submit...:dunce:

Glad it's a game, life's a little nuts right now.:crazy: Sorry DIV 4.

Nearly forgot to submit, couldn't beat my time from the leader board.

Good luck everyone 👍

I wasn't able to get around to this today. Look for it early tomorrow.

Results are up on the leader board.

Are you serious Mike! (Nine Hundred) You beat me by 1/1000th of a second! Very nice! Congratulations!

Sorry canon, I always submit every time I post splits so I never forget, a good habit to get in to. What was your time btw?

Al

Are you serious Mike! (Nine Hundred) You beat me by 1/1000th of a second! Very nice! Congratulations!

Sorry canon, I always submit every time I post splits so I never forget, a good habit to get in to. What was your time btw?

Al

Wow 0.001! Good job guys!

I knew I had a good T3 (mostly because it was beating the crap out of me) but 6 places I was not expecting that.

No matter how hard I tried.. just couldn't do it in the end. Comforting to know that even if I got my best sector times all in one lap, I still wouldn't have won. I'm happy with 2nd :)

Easily the best WRS event I've took part in.

Al

1:03 301

Third

Al

Wow. I thought it would be close, but that is crazy :dopey: Definitely a fun week 👍

Back