GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 66 : Blue Streak

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 250 comments

Probably will try my wheel soon.

Edit: Then again maybe not. Hard to say.

One of those freaky I go way lower in just one lap laps. Done for today on this combo how can I beat a lap thats 8 tenths lower than my previous best and I was struggling until this lap to keep up with that ghost?

Know when to say when and come back and fight another day seems very prudent at this juncture. :lol:

Ill snap a good Pic from my replay now and post it.:)

CapeRingPeriphery.jpg

Last edited:
I may have to drop this week.....got a bad sticking brake pedal.

Use a contact cleaner, if that does not help, there are instructions how to clean youre pedals, it is not so hard....

What I have done from day one is vacuümcleaned it....from time to time I turn the pedals arround and make sure all dirt comes out...then i spray a bit of contact cleaner on the small wheel....

Really, the pedals of the G27 should be easy to clean...

Try it, as we want your competition in optimum form :)

I can't decide whether to run this week or not. I like the car but the track not so much and it's good to take a break every now and again.:)

I think I will have one session at it later on in the week and decide whether to continue or not.:sly:

Sjaak,

Go ahead and remove my splits from the board if need be. I've got a brake pedal sticking intermittingly. I hope it's nothing serious, maybe some dust bunnies or fur balls....see if I can check it out today. Sent you a PM.

Tried a few more times, as I suspected lots and lots of room in T3. Barely improved splits but almost a second at the line.

Now to go find those jet engines Twissy mounted on his wing... ;)

Tried a few more times, as I suspected lots and lots of room in T3. Barely improved splits but almost a second at the line.

Now to go find those jet engines Twissy mounted on his wing... ;)

I've basically followed the same concept with the tune Kevin posted for the Integra, raise the front and drop the rear along with the tranny trick. T1 I think i've pretty much nailed it, T2 is pretty much hoping you land correctly after the jump and moderating the throttle for that right hander. 👍

New splits:

T1 24.178
T2 32.204

T2 is pretty hit or miss for me, the spiral is hard to judge.
T3 I think is faster to be patient on the S section at the very end of the lap.

So much fun :dunce:

Never raced here before and having a blast :dopey:

First splits after break in

T1: 23.952
T2: 31.969

Been much faster, with a .6 on t2 but that blind turn is :scared::scared::crazy:

T1: 23.813
T2: 31.906

James, you're flying!!

Mostly improvements in the last sector again. Had a good run up to the jump but missed the landing a bit and the ghost caught up instantly. Didn't notice much of a difference from raising the front, guess this week will be Benz all over again (everyone running nose-up but me). :P

I'll have my photo up tomorrow, seem to have lost my USB stick.

About to do some test runs after a thorough "cleansing" of my brake peddle. Hopefully, I may get in some runs later in the week.

Son of a biscuit! And here I was hoping to be playing Diablo 3 all day tomorrow. :embarrassed:

Took about a second off my time using this setting. Good turn in with slight oversteer exit.

IMG_20120515_003919.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my Italian rocket. :)

Just wish I could afford a real one (don't we all).

picture.php

Checked some settings and found a bit in T2 and T3.
Still slow, manual shifting seems to be much faster, should learn.

T1:25.564
T2:34.237

Edit, first rounds with manual and faster, nice.

Last edited:
Latest splits, small improvement. Struggling with T2, need to find a few tenth's there somehow.:crazy:

EDIT: Corrected T1.

Last edited:

--------------
ok can any help me try to figure out my 3rd sector time on the best lap replay? doesnt show you the third time.... obviously because i havent gone over the finish line yet? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

---------------
and does fetchbot want 3 sector times and a final lap time in the submission??

Last edited by a moderator:
jamiebeech
ok can any help me try to figure out my 3rd sector time on the best lap replay? doesnt show you the third time.... obviously because i havent gone over the finish line yet? any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey Jamie,
What I do is just subtract sectors 1 and 2 from the final lap time on the replay, before you view it, it shows the final lap time in the video section.
There might be an easier way, but that's what I do.
But you only need final laptime for submission.

OK KEEP CALM JAMIE!!!! the fetchbot is saying invalid body? im sending my time via pm eg:-
0'00.000
0'00.000
0'00.000
0'00.000

can any1 tell me if this is the correct format? im doing as advised on the blue streak thread

OK KEEP CALM JAMIE!!!! the fetchbot is saying invalid body? im sending my time via pm eg:-
0'00.000
0'00.000
0'00.000
0'00.000

can any1 tell me if this is the correct format? im doing as advised on the blue streak thread

Your submission PM should read like this:
Time: 1'23.456

And make sure you put there the time from replay theatre screen.
Not on top right of the best lap replay itself , when viewing/re-playing the replay from replay theatre.
(that would be the previous best lap)

----------
thanks for the tips max :).. finally got the bloody fetchbot to accept... it needed a capital T.. ha thanks again mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Back