GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 66 : Blue Streak

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 250 comments

Thanks for the great tune Jack.

Wow you and other DS3 drivers are tearing it up.

Its interesting how well it works for AT to me. After making the mods to Joaos tune then posting it I wondered will it work well for AT drivers. Yup.:)đź‘Ť

Had a 2nd session and went from 599 to 605bhp but didn't beat my splits. As usual I start out well and then fall flat on my face. Don't get T1 at all, I saw a few 23.9s but the more horses the thing had the harder it got to land off the jump. I give up, time to have a go at week 67!

And now, albiet a little late, is my Ferrari:

CapeRing.jpg

Last edited:
The pink and black one ,nice....

Placed in the OP.:)

f430atcapering.jpg

caperingc.jpg

Last edited:
Ran this time last night, but GTP was down for maintenance:

Still have 0.5 left on track based on my best splits, but at this point getting frustrated hitting reset in 8 of 10 laps. Certainly can't approach a lap like this in the online race as there is no chance of surviving even a handful of laps without damage.

frustrated hitting reset in 8 of 10 laps. Certainly can't approach a lap like this in the online race as there is no chance of surviving even a handful of laps without damage.

Yep,Seattle had also a jump but not with a bend behind it.:scared:
The online race will be special in many ways,:nervous:

Glad so many racers did laps on this combo,Cape Ring is not the best track(that is El Capitan) but it was on this week schedule.
The car is on many points positive so after all a rather nice combo.

Finally some splits from me so I can join the div 3 pack.

One last run for me, haven't really come close to my best time since I set it. Hopefully my T3 isn't too bad and holds up with the other splits.

Sjaak
Yep,Seattle had also a jump but not with a bend behind it.:scared:
The online race will be special in many ways,:nervous:

Glad so many racers did laps on this combo,Cape Ring is not the best track(that is El Capitan) but it was on this week schedule.
The car is on many points positive so after all a rather nice combo.

Finally some splits from me so I can join the div 3 pack.

The car and track are a lot of fun. Just that chasing those finals tenths is crazy with the blind crest turns. A few times I wished they had modeled the area around so I could bust through the guard rails and drop it over the cliff edge... Would make for some spectacular images.

A safer approach will certainly rule the day in the online race. Too bad we aren't using heavy damage which would promote a more controlled approach. It gets a bit arcady when you can bounce off the rails with impunity.

Improved by almost a whole second at T2, but lost about half of it in T3...

Found my issue in T1 but still boggled by how you guys are going so fast in T2:

This was probably my last run on this one so I'll be submitting with those.

Good Luck Everyone! :cheers:

This car looks familiar:

ferraridays.jpg

This one is just too cool:

DSC_0112.jpg

Watching those Ferrari's racing at Laguna got me a little inspired:

I know there is still time left on track, but not much left on the real clock.

Last edited:
Looks like fun, Tim. đź‘Ť And nice splits.

Similar story here, out of time, and didn't find the sector times I wanted, or was capable of. The jump seemed to have something against me. :grumpy:

The official races happen on Wednesday. We do run an unofficial 'special format' on Saturdays @ 20:00 GMT.
For me to get to race the second race (NA Race) on Wednesday I have to get up Thursdays at 3:30 AM ... which I do sometimes. :sly:

For the Saturday 2000 GMT races, are those always happening or only sometimes? Would be nice if it was announced in this thread, so I can check the night before getting up early ;)

mef
For the Saturday 2000 GMT races, are those always happening or only sometimes? Would be nice if it was announced in this thread, so I can check the night before getting up early ;)

This thread closes on Monday so not possible. It's announced in the online thread where it belongs anyway and usually on Thursday or Friday along with a sign up sheet.

The Saturday races run almost every week unless we have a special event scheduled (which we do on June 2 and June 9). Attendance does vary quite a bit week to week.

Submitting with:

T1: 23.625
T2: 31.348

Really clumsy T3, but can´t do better :ouch:

Saw some 54.8xx but choked, so lost at least 4 tenth to my best :yuck:

But enjoyed our first Ferrari week, was a blast :dopey:

Good luck to all :cheers:

P.S Just noticed that i didn´t upload my picture, my memorie...:crazy:

caperingperiferia1.jpg

Last edited:
Submitting with:

T1: 23.625
T2: 21.348

Really clumsy T3, but can´t do better :ouch:

Saw some 54.8xx but choked, so lost at least 4 tenth to my best :yuck:

Thanks again for the tune Joao. You looked really strong this week, I thought it would be close between us. But then I somehow kept finding more and more pace, until this:

T1: 23.422
T2: 31.175

Good luck everyone.:cheers:

Last edited:
Jesus guys, just leave us all in the dust. I'm just not getting how you find those T2's.. Seen quite a few 23.3's in T1 though, hopefully I can put something good together unlike last week :dopey:

DUDE! I'm so far behind them that their dust has actually SETTLED by the time I come through that section of track. :lol:

:lol:

If this combo wasn't enough, Wes and Twissy are going to be racing in the R32s tonight as well.. going to be a long night :scared:

My advice to both of you....forget about it, concentrate on Monaco...yea that's where you need to apply yourselves....in the Renault, at Monaco...Cape Ring, Ferrari..boring! Monaco, Clio..wow that's some excitement guys..come on over!!

P.S Just noticed that i didn´t upload my picture, my memorie...:crazy:

You should join us in the online race too,wasted tires are even more fun :D

Last one for the OP.:)

caperingperiferia1.jpg

You looked really strong this week Joao, I thought it would be close between us. But then I somehow kept finding more and more pace, until this:

insane splits

^^
:crazy::crazy:

Thanks Wes, feels great just for you think that it could be possible for me to be even near you :drool:

You should join us in the online race too,wasted tires are even more fun :D

:nervous:
My next step it´s to join online races. But for that i have to lose the fear that i have (:guilty: i never entered a race:guilty:)

If anyone did not notice, WES is back :) Splendid times there mate.

Saved my best for last aswell, here are my final splits ;

New Splits:

T1: 23.952
T2: 31.458

Changed the brake balance and it made a big difference. Unfortunately, I did it with 20 minutes before I had to leave because T1 is just :yuck:. I still think I left about half a second on the track but this lap was .250 up at the line on my previous best so I will take it. Good luck everyone.

Bit slower as I braked a bit early at the corner just after the end of T2, but I'm 7 tenths quicker at the line thanks to what seemed like a blistering T3. Will see if I can get into the 54s later on, it's definitely plausible with the times I've been running.

T1 - 23.505
T2 - 31.640

Wasted a hour because I didn't check that my tune from the last session was saved. Once I realised and tracked down the Joao/Jack hybrid tune and did this. Frustrated though as I saw plenty of 24.2xx first sectors but just ran out of time. :-(

Back